• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This seems like a crappy optic for an FV-SR? Do you at least use a magnifier with it?

I'm not gonna use it for that. I have a vortex 3-9 on it. In was just giving an example. One could use a red dot for sub 50 yard shots.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This optic won't co-witness without a riser.

I'll wait for a TRS25 + Riser offer.

UTG high rider works for full cowitness. I have to look up the part number, but they also make a skeltonized riser that is more than an ounce lighter than the AR optic version that comes with a rise and is $9.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'd still rather have a Primary Arms one that is similar to an Aimpoint. Sometimes it's worth it to spend more.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My rebate is in. Ended up being $69.99 before the rebate, but heck, $30 for a decent red dot is still a pretty good deal.

Sad I couldn't have scored the deal when it was less than 60 a pop. I regret even more I just didn't have the spare change to go in on 2 or 3.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got two red dots in today. I looked at one and the red dot looked a little like a comet tail and the other is like a stick. I know this is a budget optic. is this normal?

BTW "these go to eleven"

How high was the setting? Also do you have an astigmatism? Most people who do will see it kind of like that, especially if too bright. Mine resolves as a nice and tiny little dot. However if it is over driven, line turning it above about 3 or 4 in a dark room, it does smudge. Turning it up to 8 or 9 causes no issues in full daylight.

That goes with both of the TRS-25 I have.

How high was the setting? Also do you have an astigmatism? Most people who do will see it kind of like that, especially if too bright. Mine resolves as a nice and tiny little dot. However if it is over driven, line turning it above about 3 or 4 in a dark room, it does smudge. Turning it up to 8 or 9 causes no issues in full daylight.

That goes with both of the TRS-25 I have.

That is the second time I have heard that Lazarus, thanks. I have a eye appointment this Friday.Its long over due anyway. I will let you know how it works out.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yeah you can use whatever with the front sight, but it won't necessarily be the same POA as the rear sight.

Outrider58 tip: stack quarters on the rail until the optic co-witnesses. Measure stack of quarters, buy appropriate riser.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thank you dr Lazarus.I do indeed have a astigmatism. Can anyone tell me the correct rise for the AR. I bought a one inch but I think it might be to tall for full co-witness. What height do I use.Can I use the 1 inch if I do not use a rear sight(for now)

Thanks

With a trs-25 it is something like a .83" riser gets full cowitness (UTG medium riser) with most AR sights. UTG makes a nice aluminum skeltonized riser that weighs about 1.4oz compared to the 3oz of the TRS-25 "AR" redot (the one that comes with a riser).

Also I have a very minor right eye astigmatism.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Got my 10/22 all funned up!

5af887855502d1f3c342ab200909bb5d.jpg

80485c76241d11dd6a96679c11be56ef.jpg

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Wish I had seen this earlier, I have one on my AR that is rock solid and works great. Would have definitely grabbed another one. Enjoy your new optics for a great price

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom