• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Well, I'd take issue with his premise. Refusing compliance has an effect.

His argument that the non-compliant will be taken in chains, called child molesters in order to taint them in the public eye, is just as easily applied to those who will "shoot them in the face".

Until there is sufficient organisation to alert a number of sympathetic supporters to appear at an unconstitutional taking/arrest in order to effect deterrence, his whole argument falls apart. We will all hang separately.

So the question becomes "What can be done about it?"

Or, more personally, "What, dear reader, are YOU going to do about it?"

So, any answers?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Well, I'd take issue with his premise. Refusing compliance has an effect.

His argument that the non-compliant will be taken in chains, called child molesters in order to taint them in the public eye, is just as easily applied to those who will "shoot them in the face".

Until there is sufficient organisation to alert a number of sympathetic supporters to appear at an unconstitutional taking/arrest in order to effect deterrence, his whole argument falls apart. We will all hang separately.

So the question becomes "What can be done about it?"

Or, more personally, "What, dear reader, are YOU going to do about it?"

So, any answers?

James is a contrarian. I think he's wrong, but I think his idea could actually complement non-compliance.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    After Action Rally Thoughts

The following are my thoughts and mine alone. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but I feel some may warranted.

Winning without Fighting –Information Environment Operations and Accelerated Warfare
    https://www.army.gov.au/our-future/...ghting-information-environment-operations-and
    In July 2017, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) issued a change to United States doctrine, elevating information to its current position as the seventh joint function. This was done in recognition of the power information has to support military operations, particularly in the wake of modern technology and social media.

There is nothing new in recognising the power of information, or in seeing information as both a resource and a weapon. It is in transitioning this intellectual understanding into practical application where the Joint Force is failing to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the changing character of war...

Not to pee in the punch bowl, but I just am facing up to reality.

The VA rally had some advantages that our Annapolis rally didn't:
    - Good timing, in the middle of a three day weekend; and
    - Nationwide MSM coverage, in anticipation of Bugaloo, for at least two weeks prior.

The VA rally followed Information Warfare principles; ours didn't. The VA rally leveraged their (and our) Keyboard Kommandos on social media to build buzz; we belittled ours for not testifying. The VA clubs and organizations built a "Resistance" atmosphere; we went about our separate disparate ways. The VCDL took the spotlight as the leader of the rally and other orgs and clubs supported them; it appeared that our 2A organizations engaged in mumbling contests to see who could make the smallest statewide impact; and totally ignored national media.

True, we got air time AFTER, but it was nothing compared to the wall-to-wall live coverage of the VA rally. We need to think of ways to exploit the media beforehand for next year.

I'm afraid it's too late for this year, especially with the diluted schedule of hearings in the MGA...

Flame away.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I will say they had the advantage of having an established date, on a holiday, they they had historically been holding a lobbying day on. Far easier for people to plan to attend something that they know about weeks in advance. Not only is the MD GA not holding gun bill days this year, they are trickling out hearing dates and sometimes scheduling them with short notice. Who knew HB 4 would be heard on the first day of committee meetings. But yes, I agree with most of your post. I will add that since we have been fighting this fight so long, and have so many different groups that all do things a little differently, that we have infighting. Does VA have that? Or is it mostly just the VCDL, so everyone just united behind them? Honest question as I haven't paid too much attention to VA.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Not only is the MD GA not holding gun bill days this year, they are trickling out hearing dates and sometimes scheduling them with short notice.
    I was in the lobby of the House building, and overheard several Demanding Moms complaining that the distributed nature of this year's gun-bill schedule was making it difficult for *them* to rally the red-shirt troops. Seems it's equally inconvenient for both them and us ... probably the only group benefitting from the schedule is the legislators. They really didn't want to hear from us peons anyway ... they wouldn't want to be late for the Everytown Wine and Dine at Ruth's Chris, right?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The following are my thoughts and mine alone. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but I feel some may warranted.

Winning without Fighting –Information Environment Operations and Accelerated Warfare
    https://www.army.gov.au/our-future/...ghting-information-environment-operations-and

Not to pee in the punch bowl, but I just am facing up to reality.

The VA rally had some advantages that our Annapolis rally didn't:
    - Good timing, in the middle of a three day weekend; and
    - Nationwide MSM coverage, in anticipation of Bugaloo, for at least two weeks prior.

The VA rally followed Information Warfare principles; ours didn't. The VA rally leveraged their (and our) Keyboard Kommandos on social media to build buzz; we belittled ours for not testifying. The VA clubs and organizations built a "Resistance" atmosphere; we went about our separate disparate ways. The VCDL took the spotlight as the leader of the rally and other orgs and clubs supported them; it appeared that our 2A organizations engaged in mumbling contests to see who could make the smallest statewide impact; and totally ignored national media.

True, we got air time AFTER, but it was nothing compared to the wall-to-wall live coverage of the VA rally. We need to think of ways to exploit the media beforehand for next year.

I'm afraid it's too late for this year, especially with the diluted schedule of hearings in the MGA...

Flame away.

People have to show up. It's not hard to stand and hold a sign. There are 22 thousand members are on MDS. You can't go door to door and ask for participation. Its on them to look for opportunities.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I was in the lobby of the House building, and overheard several Demanding Moms complaining that the distributed nature of this year's gun-bill schedule was making it difficult for *them* to rally the red-shirt troops. Seems it's equally inconvenient for both them and us ... probably the only group benefitting from the schedule is the legislators. They really didn't want to hear from us peons anyway ... they wouldn't want to be late for the Everytown Wine and Dine at Ruth's Chris, right?

It also allows them to hear MORE gun bills by stretching out the dateline. I have a feeling that this is going to be par for the course from here on out.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The flat out racist or bigot views they have of guns owners is appalling , I can't imagine any other group being hated as much in modern times .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Having a long standing , fixed date, on a three day weekend is exponentially advantageous for planning . With a dozen different dates spread over the session , with each one subject to last minute rescheduling , it's very uphill to even have time to build buzz .

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It also allows them to hear MORE gun bills by stretching out the dateline. I have a feeling that this is going to be par for the course from here on out.

Maybe. But it also makes several, instead of one or two, days very long and unpleasant for the Committees. Nobody wants a working day that stretches from 0900-2130. And much of that time is spent sitting still listening to 80 paid red shirted astroturfers giving the same emo speech over and over. Even if I supported them, that would p*ss me off.

This year's scheduling may be an experiment we won't see repeated, at least on the Senate side.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    People have to show up. It's not hard to stand and hold a sign. There are 22 thousand members are on MDS. You can't go door to door and ask for participation. Its on them to look for opportunities.

I agree completely.

My point is that we need to exploit other methods more efficiently. Showing up is just one avenue to get our message out, but it's limited and reactive. Turnout on Gun Bill Days has been impressive when we mass in the House and Senate chambers, but we need to "seed" the state much earlier than that. Again, VCDL had WEEKS of social media and MSM buzz BEFORE the rally. We must emulate that somehow. AGC is the 500 pound 2A gorilla in the state; what will it take to mobilize them?

Now is when we start planning next year. Suggest our Keyboard Kommandos get smart on Information Warfare philosophy and techniques. If we don't get out ahead of the Moms and their pet legiscreatures we won't have any rights left to defend. Continue to react and we'll wind up another New Jersey.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Having a long standing , fixed date, on a three day weekend is exponentially advantageous for planning . With a dozen different dates spread over the session , with each one subject to last minute rescheduling , it's very uphill to even have time to build buzz .

We had a year. That's my point...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Exactly right! We need to create a buzz that exposes the corruption and makes the atmosphere (and the corrupt pols) toxic.

Lesson: Someone suggested Project Veritas. I contacted them. I was asked if anyone knew anyone on the committee, and sent out a call. This is an opportunity to go high profile national. Response to date: crickets.
    Conclusion: WE MADE THE HAND WE ARE BEING DEALT. NOBODY IS COMING TO SAVE US.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I will say they had the advantage of having an established date, on a holiday, they they had historically been holding a lobbying day on. Far easier for people to plan to attend something that they know about weeks in advance. Not only is the MD GA not holding gun bill days this year, they are trickling out hearing dates and sometimes scheduling them with short notice. Who knew HB 4 would be heard on the first day of committee meetings. But yes, I agree with most of your post. I will add that since we have been fighting this fight so long, and have so many different groups that all do things a little differently, that we have infighting. Does VA have that? Or is it mostly just the VCDL, so everyone just united behind them? Honest question as I haven't paid too much attention to VA.

I've been thinking about that question. I think the answer is: "It doesn't make any difference."

In the mind of the Internet and hence the MSM and public, VCDL was the loudest and biggest presence, so they own the Virginia Rally Day brand for all intents and purposes. And they promoted the crap out of it, with the help of outside state organizations and the Web. They understand the hashtag #WeAreTheNewsNow.

The closest thing we have here is (like it or not) the Patriot Picket. They show up and provide an unified image and brand. They gave us the #WWNC brand that VCDL exploited. They got us national and international exposure in the forums and the MSM. Is the alternate media important now? How many people read a paper "paper" any more?

So, how can we exploit that during the coming year? We can't afford to continue fighting last year's fight. We will lose.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO

Absolutely. Less people to be heard per hearing = easy on the committees. I would be willing to stay the long hours on several gun bill days vs. the spread out hearing dates.

Maybe. But it also makes several, instead of one or two, days very long and unpleasant for the Committees. Nobody wants a working day that stretches from 0900-2130. And much of that time is spent sitting still listening to 80 paid red shirted astroturfers giving the same emo speech over and over. Even if I supported them, that would p*ss me off.

This year's scheduling may be an experiment we won't see repeated, at least on the Senate side.

I hope this is just an experiment and we go back to the long sessions. I'm in. No matter how many red shirts we have to listen to. I hear you. If I was a committee member i would not like being glued to a seat for an extensive period of time. They can split in the middle of a hearing anyway. "I have something else more important to do rather than listen to these people talk about their views... just give me your guns and shut up!" :sad20:

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Exactly right! We need to create a buzz that exposes the corruption and makes the atmosphere (and the corrupt pols) toxic.

Lesson: Someone suggested Project Veritas. I contacted them. I was asked if anyone knew anyone on the committee, and sent out a call. This is an opportunity to go high profile national. Response to date: crickets.
    Conclusion: WE MADE THE HAND WE ARE BEING DEALT. NOBODY IS COMING TO SAVE US.

Del Arikan is extremely pro 2A. I just received an email from her with notifications of the upcoming 2A bills in the House and Senate. It absolutely would be worth contacting her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom