• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Please Mods, any blessed relief from this Fabs jazz hands stuff?

Meanwhile we are at the Statehouse and the Democrats have reserved a whole section of the House gallery for the 15-20 MOMs Demanding Action attending...

Our side cannot let up!

Is reserving that even legit?

Can believe that is legal, did you check with the police or security.

Yes, they reserve seats all the time. The other night with the center section empty the palace guards pushed our group into the corner on the side facing Miller.

Attachments

• F9B06C03-C0C2-422C-8D57-8CE545307F98.jpg
      F9B06C03-C0C2-422C-8D57-8CE545307F98.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 383

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I truly never understand why. Duty weapons are not private property of the officer. Why would they be above the law otherwise? Sorry lawmen. You should not get a carve out.

Simple. Politicians ALWAYS want the endorsement of the only people allowed to possess scary weapons and their union. Remember how fast the 10-round magazine carveout was enacted? The legiscritters don't want to risk arrest for any of their crimes.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thought of something else. Just like we never hear about the robberies and murders prevented because somebody has a gun on them and the perpetrator backs down, we would NEVER hear any mass murder prevented because somebody failed a NICS check. We would never even know that the person failed a NICS check unless he/she obtains a firearm in a different manner and commits the deed, and then the failed NICS check comes up later on.

Are we for the NICS system or not? If we aren't we should try scrapping it at the national level. If we are for it, which at this very moment I am, I would like to see the definition of prohibited person dealt with a little better. If people still believe that convicted felons should not have access to firearms, then maybe we should narrow the list down to convicted VIOLENT felons. Granted, this is a discussion for another day and on a national level, but I just don't see how somebody caught in a check kiting fraud, that amounts to a felony, would be any more dangerous because they own a firearm.

Life would be just peachy if MD authorities would faithfully and promptly update NICS (or feeder databases). But they don't, so NICS checks will remain hit-or-miss until they do. That's the flaw in the logic of this bill.

And I don't hope to own a unicorn either. Now can we get back to the meat of the thread?

ETA: I emailed my disapproval of this and other bills to my Delegates this morning. And i heard back from one Legislative Aide, so there is life on the other end.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thank you to everyone that has kept this thread on topic by contacting your Delegates. Fro those that didn't get the hint, why don't you all just get a room already???

Oh, and before I forget.....DONE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom