• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    I thought you were talking about nanticoke, the town. It’s between the nanticoke and wicomico rivers meet the bay

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ahhh. I see.

No, Nanticoke WMA south west (I think it is) of Hebron. Mostly a spit of land near Nutter’s Neck that sticks out in to the river.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    It’s not far from Hebron. Thousands of acres of public hunting in the Ellis bay track

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    in 2014, the DNR issued "shoot on sight" orders for hunters in regards to feral pigs. When I took my hunter safety course, the instructor said that if you had a Boon and Crockett worthy buck and a feral pig both within range, you were to take the feral pig.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    YouTube took me down the rabbit-hole last night and I started watching hunts for invasive species. Seemed to be open season on most with no bag limit. Anything like that in Maryland?

Groundhogs, coyote, pigs. Last i chcked, you don't even need a hunting license for groundhogs.

I have a field in Westminster that's about 200y wide and 600y long. 2 years ago, i pulled out 15 groundhogs.. last year was 42.. this year i'm holding at 30.. waiting for crops to get harvested so i can see them again.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Except in two counties Baltimore and I believe Fredrick. Why are those two counties different? Who knows???

who knows.. but you also cant shoot a "gun" in howard county. which is defined as a device that expells a projectile thru a barrel by means of: air, compressed air, gas, explosion, spring.. (several more).

Being a bit of a troll a couple years ago, i wrote to the sherif. He agreed that w/ how the law/rules are written.. a spitball shot out of a McDonalds straw.. was considered a GUN in howard county.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    who knows.. but you also cant shoot a "gun" in howard county. which is defined as a device that expells a projectile thru a barrel by means of: air, compressed air, gas, explosion, spring.. (several more).

Being a bit of a troll a couple years ago, i wrote to the sherif. He agreed that w/ how the law/rules are written.. a spitball shot out of a McDonalds straw.. was considered a GUN in howard county.

I had a similar experience with someone at the Howard County Police Dept. who called a .177 pellet a missile and said it was no different than any other round :sad20:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

No, the stupid ordinance says you can’t do that within 300yds or an occupied dwelling, unless you are in a tree stand at least 10 feet off the ground or using a shotgun loaded with shot, then it is 150yds.

Or you are doing it in a basement.

But yes, it technically covers spitball guns, nerf guns and pellet guns.

Surprisingly there doesn’t appear to be any ordinance against firing arrows from a bow or crossbow (no barrel) other than the hunting restrictions. But if not hunting...

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    No, the stupid ordinance says you can’t do that within 300yds or an occupied dwelling, unless you are in a tree stand at least 10 feet off the ground or using a shotgun loaded with shot, then it is 150yds.

Or you are doing it in a basement.

But yes, it technically covers spitball guns, nerf guns and pellet guns.

Surprisingly there doesn’t appear to be any ordinance against firing arrows from a bow or crossbow (no barrel) other than the hunting restrictions. But if not hunting...

the spot i was in was my father in laws back yard.. but when i say back yard it was near the rock quarry. i had permission from the rock quarry to hunt there and it was several hundred yards from another building. no biggy. i still pulled 13 out w/ a bow in one year then someone stole my stand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom