• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Did anyone finish reading the article? Is the editor a BOT? Or could it be, editing an article is considered a form of racial and/or woke supremacy? Are we suggesting some authors should be discriminated against? Literal segregation of her literary publication is ludicrous! Write on, I say! Write ON!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Did anyone finish reading the article? Is the editor a BOT? Or could it be, editing an article is considered a form of racial and/or woke supremacy? Are we suggesting some authors should be discriminated against? Literal segregation of her literary publication is ludicrous! Write on, I say! Write ON!

I couldn't make it past the first paragraph. A dyslexic's nightmare.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I read that. It was oddly written for sure but it was surprisingly neutral. Didn't see the words; ghost, assault, common sense or violence anywhere.

I give it a solid C+

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bad News - Poorly written, no proofreading .

Good News - Surprisingly factual . She cut and pasted from legit sources . Presented neutrally with no anti gun editorializing .

Simply the fact that this appeared in a mainstream venue in the PRM is a significant positive in itself .

May 13, 2005
    It shows some traits of using an early AI algorithm to write it. There are quite a few publicly available algorithms that can write semi-coherent articles or even academic essays. The inputs are fairly minimal, mostly just key words on given topics and a few sentences of intent guidance.

The more recent algorithms can write them much better than this though.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    LOL - same "writer" from a year ago:

https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2021/02/how-to-choose-the-right-rifle-for-your-personal-needs/ - who knew 45-70 was "easy to handle" even for people of a "slight frame."

"There is a lot of mention about caliber sizes already. The most common calibers you will want in a rifle are .223, .270, .308, .30-06, and .45-70. These are not only the easiest to handle when shooting, even for people of a slight frame, but they are also very readily available to purchase because of their popularity."

:lol2::lol2::lol::lol2::lol2:

:rolleyes:

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    "...then you can make moves to get information..."

Conjures images of Kevin Bacon dancing like a fool on his way to "get" some information somewhere.

"As you are deciding on guns, consider the type of bullet that will be perfect for any gun you eventually choose."

"Does it fit perfectly in your arms or too small for your hands?"

Unbelievable that someone with those writing skills was actually hired by a business to write. As annoying as they are, I can easily discount the writing style of bots, while appreciating the technology itself, but reading through that article reinforced the notion that this nation must invest more on education, and quickly.

Now, I need to go make some moves to finish my tax returns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom