• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    No impulse buys today , pretty nice show . 3 ammo cans and some strip clips for my 1903. Like the variety / older stuff , muzzle loaders. Don’t like when all some shows have (seems like) is a bunch of AR stuff. Always enjoy Garand guy. Might head back up tomorrow , see how I dream tonight

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I did an impulse buy; a Brownell's BRN PROTO. I don't know if it was a waste of money or not but curiosity got the best of me. I don't think it will ever have any monetary value but it might be a fun toy. Time will tell.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Didn’t touch any looked Chinese
    All cracked stock some pretty ugly repairs
    All cosmo covered. Would need total work over
    Spikes attached.
    Might be good projects if ya wanna bubba one up

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I did an impulse buy; a Brownell's BRN PROTO. I don't know if it was a waste of money or not but curiosity got the best of me. I don't think it will ever have any monetary value but it might be a fun toy. Time will tell.

Had to google that one, looks pretty cool.

I watched a couple of vids, the only negative reported that wasn't just a personal pref/nitpick is that the trigger style charging handle will get hot quick due to its location right on top of the gas key.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    The show is still open on Sunday, you know.:D

I hear you but the wife was on to me. Darn it. I hope the next show will be similar but I am worried with a few shows in between now and then that the guys will sell through a lot of them. My own fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just got back from the show, firearms seemed priced highly for the most part (I looked mostly at milsurp), a few good deals to be had though I’m sure though. Got some ammo and mags and had a great conversation at the MSI booth.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just got back from the show, firearms seemed priced highly for the most part (I looked mostly at milsurp), a few good deals to be had though I’m sure though. Got some ammo and mags and had a great conversation at the MSI booth.

Oh and the rough SKS’s for $399 I’ve seen others talking about looked like they were dug out of a bombed out surplus warehouse in some third world country, probably some of the worst I’ve seen though there were a few nice ones here and there from various vendors but were high $$$.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    What he said. There's literally tons of tables with correct capacity mags there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Tons of mags and ammo at the show- but to find the best deal you really have to walk around and look at all before picking just like most other shows.

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    Dang! I knew I should've went after getting off work at 8AM yesterday (wasn't due back in until 4PM today). Instead, I drove around my area hitting every gun shop I could think of because I was bored and wanted to stay awake.

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    I picked up a couple needed mags today . I got denied when I tried to buy a Kel Tec sub 2000 for the kids to shoot. Dealer said that because it was registered as a 17rd capacity he couldn’t sell it to me . I didn’t want to argue with him but I did’t think rifles were regulated??? Am I wrong ?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I picked up a couple needed mags today . I got denied when I tried to buy a Kel Tec sub 2000 for the kids to shoot. Dealer said that because it was registered as a 17rd capacity he couldn’t sell it to me . I didn’t want to argue with him but I did’t think rifles were regulated??? Am I wrong ?

That’s BS- it’s not regulated in MD. And it holds a lot more than 17.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Unfortunately. His licenses his rules
    But he was dead ass wrong.
    Not on the md naughty list
    Not illegal to sell to you out of state.
    With standard mag
    One may or may not have done exactly the same thing with exactly the same condition with different dealer successfully. And legally.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    That’s what I thought but I didn’t want to fight with the guy .

Can’t fight- his gun, his rules. That’s how it all works. Whether or not right. Dealers at shows are all competing for the same dollars, depending on pricing alone he sold it to someone else.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Maybe it was just me, but I swear there was a ton of surplus up there today. Of course the one time I go to a show without my C&R or the cash to make any purchases like that. Dang it. Ammo seemed high to me but I was able to grab some good M1 carbine mags and a few 50 cal cans at a good price. Wish I had more cash on me and more time. I hope the next show is just as good cause I am coming with a fatter wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the ammo seemed kind of pricey to me also, but I am a cheapskate.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

why didn't he just keep the mags then?

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Dealer didn’t need to “ keep the mag “
    Pennsylvania sale NOT subject to Maryland mag limit
    Same reason standard mags may be purchased out of Maryland
    Completely legal
    Firearm must comply to Maryland ban list for Maryland residents

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads