• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    There is a gentleman my wife and I know from Reisterstown who has brought clear evidence of voter fraud to the governor and has been completely ignored.

If it occurred during a Federal election, then he should bring the evidence to the Office of US Attorney. Given the current administration's interest, if there's meat to the accusations, it should get traction at the Federal level.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Weren't there people in the past shilling Pam Beidle as "one of our friends?"

She's a cosponsor of this thing in the Senate.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    If it occurred during a Federal election, then he should bring the evidence to the Office of US Attorney. Given the current administration's interest, if there's meat to the accusations, it should get traction at the Federal level.

Good idea, I noticed green-card holders voting in the 2016 presidential election.

Thinking I will give them a call.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Never give your enemy an advantage, or better yet -a club they will use against you.

All I'll say about my plans is that I will be in Annapolis on the 25th of February 2019. I hope there will be thousands, perhaps unprecedented numbers of folks like us that have finally had enough. I know about 2013 and previous battles we've lost. I wasn't around for those, and I understand the frustration many of us feel because those efforts didn't succeed. But we need every single person we can get to pack that place to the rafters.
    Are you in?

I am in and have every intent on being there the 25th . Just found out my son may have some surgery dates and that would be the only reason i would not show up .

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I am in and have every intent on being there the 25th . Just found out my son may have some surgery dates and that would be the only reason i would not show up .

Welder, I don't believe you took it this way, but to clarify my "are you in?" comment wasn't directed at you personally. It was an open question to anyone that read it.

There's enough dissention among the ranks already. Carry on.

Best wishes to you and your son's health issues, and I hope we see you on the 25th.

Last edited:

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Whoever is going to testify think well in advance about what you are going to speak about. We’ve got some great arguments and data to counter the absurdity of these bills. Crime in Maryland is way up despite the bills they passed in 2013. I think we need to push harder this time around then we did back in 2013. We can get the numbers. I’d like to se a minimum of 7,000 people in Annapolis. Word is spreading fast and a lot of people are pissed off and very rightfully so. I’m already planning to take off work for the hearings on these bills. They tried to be sneaky with these bills. I tried to give as much advanced notice as I possibly could to everyone that I know!

We need to remind these people in the MGA that Canada tried the same thing and it ended up costing them millions of dollars and did NOT SOLVE ONE CRIME.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Was talking with Bob at Gunrunners who made a good point. The MD State Police would need a huge increase in staffing that deal with 77R type paperwork if all long gun sales and transfers are run through gunstores and would require the same level of background check that handguns do. Maybe 4-5 times the resources that they currently have. Obviously if the LGQL is pushed through, that would slow things down initially in terms of long gun purchasing, and there might first be a delay in getting LGQLs to folks.

Personally, I don't think the LGQL will fly given the redundancy in many respects to the HQL and just the higher level of anger from hunters, gun owning Democrats, and others than the HQL initially engendered.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Was talking with Bob at Gunrunners who made a good point. The MD State Police would need a huge increase in staffing that deal with 77R type paperwork if all long gun sales and transfers are run through gunstores and would require the same level of background check that handguns do. Maybe 4-5 times the resources that they currently have. Obviously if the LGQL is pushed through, that would slow things down initially in terms of long gun purchasing, and there might first be a delay in getting LGQLs to folks.

Personally, I don't think the LGQL will fly given the redundancy in many respects to the HQL and just the higher level of anger from hunters, gun owning Democrats, and others than the HQL initially engendered.

Wasn't there also an instance where the FBI would be inundated with NICS checks given certain new laws.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Truth of the matter is Caucasian women are willing to give up their rights and sell Your rights to the lowest bidder if it means no more bullet ridden caucasian children. You think Black people can change the laws or for that fact write the laws......Hardly. Black folks can and do shoot each other every day of the week and all you hear are crickets, but caucasian children shot in a school or bar or concert and laws have and will change. These caucasian women are married to caucasian men that have the power to make laws stripping you of your rights. So given enough time White women will make it so that guns are banned and after that confiscated and white men in uniforms that have American flags sewn to them with big guns will come to your house and pry the guns from your cold dead hands and after that take pictures of themselves standing over your corpse, Don't think so ask the Branch Davidians! I doubt there is a person on this forum that can hold out as long as they did. They can take the guns one by one but if the armed populace came together in one place and state they are not going to follow unjust laws then maybe thing will change. Until then I hate to say it but when they come to my house and ask for my firearms I will politely hand them over. I don't want my house damaged or my wife or dog harmed.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Long gun registry was tried in Canada a decade or so ago. It failed hard. Compliance rates were low, it made law-abiding citizens into criminals overnight, and its budget bloated to the point it just because a laughingstock. The Libs who made the law said it would cost $2M. It actually cost $2 BILLLION. And no LEO interviewed could point to a single instance where the registry had saved lives. The next government (Conservative Party) put it out of it's misery when they got elected.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Truth of the matter is Caucasian women are willing to give up their rights and sell Your rights to the lowest bidder if it means no more bullet ridden caucasian children. You think Black people can change the laws or for that fact write the laws......Hardly. Black folks can and do shoot each other every day of the week and all you hear are crickets, but caucasian children shot in a school or bar or concert and laws have and will change. These caucasian women are married to caucasian men that have the power to make laws stripping you of your rights. So given enough time White women will make it so that guns are banned and after that confiscated and white men in uniforms that have American flags sewn to them with big guns will come to your house and pry the guns from your cold dead hands and after that take pictures of themselves standing over your corpse, Don't think so ask the Branch Davidians! I doubt there is a person on this forum that can hold out as long as they did. They can take the guns one by one but if the armed populace came together in one place and state they are not going to follow unjust laws then maybe thing will change. Until then I hate to say it but when they come to my house and ask for my firearms I will politely hand them over. I don't want my house damaged or my wife or dog harmed.

:sad20:

" I hate to say it but when they come to my house and ask for my firearms I will politely hand them over. I don't want my house damaged or my wife or dog harmed."

That strategy didn't work out too well in Nazi Germany. How is "an armed populace going to come together" and "effect change" if they are disarmed?

We are not to the point of using force of arms. If enough people come together and peacefully resist through appropriate means, hopefully, the legislature will realize that they have stepped in the wrong direction. Members of the legislature have conveniently left any mention of the laws they are proposing out of the legislative notices they send out to constituents for one reason. They do not want to see another replay of 2013 with the potential for even greater numbers against them.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Have you ever seen ANY government unit that is opposed to increasing the size of their rice bowl? I suspect this is the brainchild of the MSP Lobbyist, er, Adviser.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    :sad20:

" I hate to say it but when they come to my house and ask for my firearms I will politely hand them over. I don't want my house damaged or my wife or dog harmed."

That strategy didn't work out too well in Nazi Germany. How is "an armed populace going to come together" and "effect change" if they are disarmed?

We are not to the point of using force of arms. If enough people come together and peacefully resist through appropriate means, hopefully, the legislature will realize that they have stepped in the wrong direction. Members of the legislature have conveniently left any mention of the laws they are proposing out of the legislative notices they send out to constituents for one reason. They do not want to see another replay of 2013 with the potential for even greater numbers against them.

Is the general public as informed, less informed, or more informed today as compared to 2013? With social media, I would think that in general, people should be more informed. Now I’m not on facebook, only twitter, so I don’t have the pulse of how well info is being pushed on our behalf.

Are we winning the communication battle and getting folks over to our side to defend our rights?

I’m all over sharing this, with friends and family, posters at all my LGS and talking to anyone who will listen. Just curious what everyone’s temperature is on getting people fired up enough to actually do something (calls, emails, in person, testify, etc)

Most of the red neck, fudds i talk to just say they won’t comply but aren’t willing to take any further action to stop the infringements.

It pisses me off that people don’t think they can make an impact. We can stop most of, if not all of these illegal bills, but we have to stick together and have a unified message. This is my opinion only, but the bickering on here and the smart comments to those who already have bad feelings, doesn’t further OUR cause of keeping our rights and keeping them from further infringement. Let’s band together and take a unified from to our elected officials and let them know we will not stand by and be turned into criminals because moms use their kids as emotional shields. Our side is data and proving that the proposed bills won’t actually make a difference. Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom