View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:30 PM #12

While a little gray I think that since the law defines hand pressure on a button, spring "or other device" to automatically open to be a switchblade, most all OTF's I have seen would be banned from sale since they have a sliding switch on them, regardless of what the marketing says. It also does not help that most manufacturers also consider and call their OTF knives automatics, a lot of them have it printed right on the box. Assist knives should be fine as mentioned except in cHarm City and OC AFAIK.

Quote:
4–105.
(a) A person may not sell, barter, display, or offer to sell or barter:
(1) a knife or a penknife having a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, commonly called a switchblade knife or a switchblade penknife; or
(2) a device that is designed to propel a knife from a metal sheath by means of a high-compression ejector spring, commonly called a shooting knife.
(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 12 months or a fine of not less than $50 and not exceeding $500 or both.
[Previous][Next]]
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote