View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2018, 07:07 PM #110
Powered by natural gas

Powered by natural gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onceuponatime View Post
Thank you for the detail - duck mainly and maybe some goose. Home defense is really an after thought because I have other firearms for that too.
As fun as the mag fed shotguns like the Saiga and Vepr 12s are, my reason for not buying one was the cost of the mags. I have AR and AK mags, and quite frankly don't have the room for 12G mags. I have shot the Veprs and Saigas and they are fun. I prefer tube fed shotguns for the simplicity and lower cost of not needing mags. I have both gas and inertia shotguns, and the gas gun has been 100% for clay shooting, I really like the inertia guns. If your main use is hunting, I would go with a Benelli inertia gun, like my M2. Extra parts are very expensive though, with just an extra barrel costing as much another shotgun. So, I love the Benelli M2. Then a cheaper version, is the Weatherby Element, which has gotten good reviews, and about 1/2 the cost of the Benelli. Then maybe Franchi. Another good option is the Stoeger M3000/3500. The recoil design is slightly different, but great reviews. I think parts are a tad cheaper if I recall.

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Last edited by Sirex; March 13th, 2018 at 09:59 PM.
Sirex is offline   Reply With Quote