• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drwho333

Oct 24, 2014
    I remember reading an interview with Hogan during his campaign. He made promises to the 2A community. He has broken them all with a vengeance. Just as I did with Erhlich, I will not be giving Hogan my vote again. I will simply not vote.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    What a negative bunch of whiners! Sure Hogan hasn't exactly furthered our agenda, but political reality is he's dealing with the Mike & Mike morons who dominate Annapolis. So quit crying and clean house! The man walks a tightrope every day being a Republican Governor of a blue state. Until Maryland at least goes purple quit bitching. Think Hogan's bad? Let another Libtard like OweMalley get elected, then you'll really have something to cry about!

Lmao Hogan campaign paying people to post here now. Excellent first post.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    What a negative bunch of whiners! Sure Hogan hasn't exactly furthered our agenda, but political reality is he's dealing with the Mike & Mike morons who dominate Annapolis. So quit crying and clean house! The man walks a tightrope every day being a Republican Governor of a blue state. Until Maryland at least goes purple quit bitching. Think Hogan's bad? Let another Libtard like OweMalley get elected, then you'll really have something to cry about!

Who are you? What have you done for the 2A?

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys

:lol:

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I remember reading an interview with Hogan during his campaign. He made promises to the 2A community. He has broken them all with a vengeance. Just as I did with Erhlich, I will not be giving Hogan my vote again. I will simply not vote.

He also promised seniors he would stop taxing our retirement income. I'm still waiting.

Reducing tolls is about the only campaign promise he has managed to keep. That might have saved me $20 since he was elected.

He and his folks have never once responded to any of my emails regarding issues.

Now I get multiple emails a day begging for campaign contributions. Hogan can go pound sand before I will send him anymore of my money.

I am not sure why so many would continue to endorse what amounts to little more than a puppet for the MGA.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    He also promised seniors he would stop taxing our retirement income. I'm still waiting.

Reducing tolls is about the only campaign promise he has managed to keep. That might have saved me $20 since he was elected.

He and his folks have never once responded to any of my emails regarding issues.

Now I get multiple emails a day begging for campaign contributions. Hogan can go pound sand before I will send him anymore of my money.

I am not sure why so many would continue to endorse what amounts to little more than a puppet for the MGA.
    I also believe he was going to roll back some of the environmental laws. The only known relief is that a BAT septic is now ok if you're not in a critical area.

Last edited:

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    still better than any dem in office, and a second term is essential in reversing the gerrymandering. fix that and you might start getting more conservative governors.

so many seem to want to cut off their nose to spite their face, or more accurately take a kick to the nuts to spite the democrats boot.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    still better than any dem in office, and a second term is essential in reversing the gerrymandering. fix that and you might start getting more conservative governors.

so many seem to want to cut off their nose to spite their face, or more accurately take a kick to the nuts to spite the democrats boot.

Or it could be that they are sick and tired of the way things are and they are beginning to take the first small step toward standing up and really doing something to take our freedom back.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I didn't read all 38 pages but heard a statement an event the other night that so far Hogan has gotten to appoint 1 judge (court of appeals?) if re elected he would get to appoint 5 more, out of a total of 7.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I didn't read all 38 pages but heard a statement an event the other night that so far Hogan has gotten to appoint 1 judge (court of appeals?) if re elected he would get to appoint 5 more, out of a total of 7.

Do you have anything to suggest he would appoint conservative judges? Otherwise, his actions are demonstrative of his choices.

If you would simply do a little research you would see that even with redistricting 1) the dems still hold the generally assembly 2) redistricting has ZERO effect on the governor's race 3) any redistricting will not take affect until after the 2022 election where in all likelihood we get another dem..

so basically everything you posted is inaccurate...but thanks for posting..

I am shocked a bit appalled at how many people here still not understand how our government works...The governor has no power to make, change or repeal any laws..With the current super majority of dems in the GA Hogan cannot stop any bill from becoming law with a veto. Anything Hogan can change with an executive order can be undone by the GA.

So please explain to us why electing a governor who violated your rights and used you as political leverage (to pander to democrat voters) is so important? Ask yourself this..."If Hogan were running as a democrat, would I vote for him?" because with the exception of an R next to his name his politics are almost identical to just about every democrat governor prior to Spendening...

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    Indeed, I get all the Hogan bashing, and believe me when I say I am disgruntled by his 2A performance. But, look at the Democraps who are lining up against him. They are a bunch of brain dead rabid anti-gunners who would be more than happy to totally turn Maryland into another California, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey. Personally I will take my chances with a middle-of-the-roader like Hogan over any of them- and remember that throwing support toward any conservative challenger (not that there really are any) is to draw support from Hogan and give the Libtards a better chance of unseating him. Trust me when I say that would be a bad thing for us all.

Putting our resources to work to unseat the Democrat leadership in the State House and retaining Hogan as guv is a much better way to defend our rights as gun owners in this state, IMO. Without a strong drive for more draconian gun laws in the legislature, prodded and abetted by the gang of bandits that have resided there for generations now, there wouldn't be a need for Hogan to compromise in the first place.

And don't even get me started on Frosh...

Indeed, I get all the Hogan bashing, and believe me when I say I am disgruntled by his 2A performance. But, look at the Democraps who are lining up against him. They are a bunch of brain dead rabid anti-gunners who would be more than happy to totally turn Maryland into another California, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey. Personally I will take my chances with a middle-of-the-roader like Hogan over any of them- and remember that throwing support toward any conservative challenger (not that there really are any) is to draw support from Hogan and give the Libtards a better chance of unseating him. Trust me when I say that would be a bad thing for us all.

Putting our resources to work to unseat the Democrat leadership in the State House and retaining Hogan as guv is a much better way to defend our rights as gun owners in this state, IMO.
    Without a strong drive for more draconian gun laws in the legislature, prodded and abetted by the gang of bandits that have resided there for generations now, there wouldn't be a need for Hogan to compromise in the first place.

And don't even get me started on Frosh...

A lot of people hate Mike and Mike...I'm one of them..however their positions in the GA are generally filled by seniority and the next most senior members of the house and senate right now are both from Baltimore City and are much further to the left than Busch or Miller..Be careful what you wish for.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If you would simply do a little research you would see that even with redistricting 1) the dems still hold the generally assembly 2) redistricting has ZERO effect on the governor's race 3) any redistricting will not take affect until after the 2022 election where in all likelihood we get another dem..

so basically everything you posted is inaccurate...but thanks for posting..

Therefore, the redistricting effort is futile and should be dropped, right?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I am shocked a bit appalled at how many people here still not understand how our government works...The governor has no power to make, change or repeal any laws..With the current super majority of dems in the GA Hogan cannot stop any bill from becoming law with a veto. Anything Hogan can change with an executive order can be undone by the GA.

So please explain to us why electing a governor who violated your rights and used you as political leverage (to pander to democrat voters) is so important? Ask yourself this..."If Hogan were running as a democrat, would I vote for him?" because with the exception of an R next to his name his politics are almost identical to just about every democrat governor prior to Spendening...

Therefore, we should elect a Left wing, anti-2A governor because it doesn't matter anyway, right? And while we're at it, we should withdraw any support for Republicans in the MGA and make it a 100% Dem monolith, because that doesn't matter anyway because of its supermajority, right?

Might as well just dissolve the Maryland Republican Party while we're at it, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom