• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Here’s a question i know i will regret asking, but after 1 year and 500+ posts do you thinking i am trolling anyone, or just asking a fun question that people can answer or not. Frankly, i bave enjoyed the responses.

My post was a goof to someone making a claim or thought , i never had the impression you were trolling .

But to be honest to a second part of your post i have seen "sleeper cell members" here at MDS and then 8 years later they expose and show who they are .;):D:innocent0

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I followed Blaster's advice and use a Vedder holster all the time. Threw away the Alien Gear crap and my Cross Bread holsters are in a drawer somewhere. Before I got the SIG 365 used to carry a 320 SC in 357 Sig when the weather was colder and Gen 1 Shield in warm weather. Now it is the sig 365.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It depends on the circumstances. If I have to wear a suit, I like to take my P226 Legion with a shoulder holster. It's goes so well with formal wear! LOL. But if most other times its my M11A1 in a outer band holster. I'm just used to carrying my duty weapon that way. I was wondering do every think about having a light attachment? How about a laser? I am also wondering about a red dot sight for a everyday carry pistol? Do they stay sighted in? And how well do they stand up to day to day carry abuse?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    My post was a goof to someone making a claim or thought , i never had the impression you were trolling .

But to be honest to a second part of your post i have seen "sleeper cell members" here at MDS and then 8 years later they expose and show who they are .;):D:innocent0

Fair enough. Thanks for the candid response.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I EDC a flashlight, and I don't think a weapon mounted light is worth the extra weight for daily carry. I have enough stuff on my person. Lights and lasers are better for home use.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I followed Blaster's advice and use a Vedder holster all the time. Threw away the Alien Gear crap and my Cross Bread holsters are in a drawer somewhere. Before I got the SIG 365 used to carry a 320 SC in 357 Sig when the weather was colder and Gen 1 Shield in warm weather. Now it is the sig 365.

I have NEVER been a fan of kydex IWB, until Vedder. A thin G45 or a 365 with this holster and the clip that can adjust the cant is a GREAT IWB combo. Those Alien gear/crossbreed contraptions make it impossible to remove and put back in your pants if you have the need to remove it. Which I do when I get in the car.
    The "Claw" piece is a great option if carrying a larger pistol to have the grip pushed a little closer to the body. But that's the magic with being able to cant the pistol. The grip goes up and forward thus disappearing up along into your torso. Conceal carry 101.
    I like to go from my back pack to my hip with zero problems. Quick duck in the restroom and done.
    0f242ffdbaddd80ec6e16283e8bc2413.jpg
    7c92d5a016a93623f350cb2d16af34b7.jpg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For now this us what I have to work with.

0c9719080eed267b19817cebe00c6780.jpg

However I Just picked up a G27 and got a Sig .357 conversion barrel. I’m thinking it’s about time I go through the process and get at least a restricted permit.

Thanks a lot. Today I am going to be less $70 bucks to get a Flat Eye light :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Bro. Ditch that crossbreed and get a Vedder lightweight. The clip allows you to adjust the cant also. They have the "claw" which when attached, the pants help push the pistol closer to your body. I don't use it because the 43 is this enough that it disappears. I can see with a larger pistol it would help. PM me if you want see/ try it. I live in Glen Burnie and go into locust point once or twice a week. Could meet up.

Have Lexholsters for the P365 and G19, same design as the Vedder with 0-15 cant adjustment, kydex taco, single clip, and claw. Seems like a simple holster design, but it works awesome, far better than ANY hybrid for me. I have been carrying AIWB with them, even the G19 is invisible under a t-shirt, and more comfortable than any other IWB holster or position. Only go back to strong side OWB carry under a cover garment in cold weather, or when I don't care much about concealment, it is still more comfortable, but might ditch that method entirely as I train more and more with the retension and speed benefits of AIWB.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    How about pants pocket? Like one of these work pant side pockets?
    46d07a4812519e1e06111a04015f84ad.jpg

Side pocket could would work. It’s about 2”x1” by 9” long

But you could also just shove it IWB right below the belt buckle.

It might get you second look when you’re at da’club.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Side pocket could would work. It’s about 2”x1” by 9” long

But you could also just shove it IWB right below the belt buckle.

It might get you second look when you’re at da’club.
    I would, but there's no room down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom