• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Finally got my baby home..:party29: Very compact and neat.

Attachments

• DSCF2060.jpg
      DSCF2060.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 792
    • DSCF2066.jpg
      DSCF2066.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 498

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    As you told me before, they fetch 1100-1200 new/LNIB, which is what I paid.

Its worth it, thats actually a good deal in the current market. Last time I looked average had moved up to $1,500 to $1600.

Even going rate for the SLR 106FRs perhaps the most common has moved up to $1100 (I paid $599 new! these Arsenals are getting out of control!)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Thats ver'a nice. Congrats. You can't beat an Arsenal. I was going to buy a second one, before I got on a Krink kick and started dumping money into those projects. Enjoy it.

I bet that would look sweet with a triangle folding stock and wood furniture. :D Retro!

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Thats ver'a nice. Congrats. You can't beat an Arsenal. I was going to buy a second one, before I got on a Krink kick and started dumping money into those projects. Enjoy it.

I bet that would look sweet with a triangle folding stock and wood furniture. :D Retro!

Hold on are you a pyschic or something? I was on K-var pricing a triangle stock
    and contemplating on a wood handguard or a SLR 107UR plastic handguard.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

You cant just have one, I have three ARsenal guns. the SLR95 I bought way back (sadly tapped for a red star scope mount), my SAM5 (safe queen at this point, scarce animal) and my SLR106 which will be my go to gun if all hell breaks loose.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You cant just have one, I have three ARsenal guns. the SLR95 I bought way back (sadly tapped for a red star scope mount), my SAM5 (safe queen at this point, scarce animal) and my SLR106 which will be my go to gun if all hell breaks loose.

AKs are like Lays potato chips...you can't have just one. :)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Hold on are you a pyschic or something? I was on K-var pricing a triangle stock
    and contemplating on a wood handguard or a SLR 107UR plastic handguard.

Make sure you get the right type of stock. They have many that say "direct replacement" that are mounted on receiver extensions; and look kinda strange when installed. Get one of the kits that use an internal receiver block. They are not difficult to install. (if you closely compare pics of the two types, the extended mount is readily appearent)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Its worth it, thats actually a good deal in the current market. Last time I looked average had moved up to $1,500 to $1600.

Even going rate for the SLR 106FRs perhaps the most common has moved up to $1100 (I paid $599 new! these Arsenals are getting out of control!)

I wouldn't pay 1500 for an AK unless Kalashnikov personally blessed it. Outrageous. We got an arsenal in 08 for 899. Slr107f. 1500....no. I'll take an M1A for that.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I wouldn't pay 1500 for an AK unless Kalashnikov personally blessed it. Outrageous. We got an arsenal in 08 for 899. Slr107f. 1500....no. I'll take an M1A for that.

Prices are getting ridiculous. And they're only going to get worse as November approaches. Good excuse to buy now. :D

blitzburgh55

May 23, 2011

Just about everything is skyrocketing in price. I've seen wars-10's in poor condition go 600.

Anyway. Sweet rifle! Enjoy!

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    How difficult are those to SBR? I assume you need to move the gas block, redrill the barrel, then rethread it; but you'd also have to replace the gas tube with one from a Krink too. The original wouldn't fit, would it?

most of them the barel needs cut and recrowned. Also the gas port has to be redrilled or something. But is should not need threaded...the threads are on the gas block...not the barrell.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    How difficult are those to SBR? I assume you need to move the gas block, redrill the barrel, then rethread it; but you'd also have to replace the gas tube with one from a Krink too. The original wouldn't fit, would it?

most of them the barel needs cut and recrowned. Also the gas port has to be redrilled or something. But is should not need threaded...the threads are on the gas block...not the barrell.

It actually seems simple, there a guy on AR15 in the Bulgarian section who used a hacksaw and a dinzag crowing tool, and he shows the step by step pics. I don't think you have to mess with gas block at all, just cut and crown.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_76/105849_Cut_and_crown_of_an_Arsenal_107CR_and_106U__DIY_.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom