• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I also wonder about the MSP advisory on renewals and new permits, I heard about it but have seen nothing in writing.

What I heard was the MSP would disregard the HGRB findings for renewals and the applicant would have to start all over, not sure if that's correct. Also not sure about new permits.

Anyone got anything to clarify?
    TD

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I also wonder about the MSP advisory on renewals and new permits, I heard about it but have seen nothing in writing.

What I heard was the MSP would disregard the HGRB findings for renewals and the applicant would have to start all over, not sure if that's correct. Also not sure about new permits.

Anyone got anything to clarify?
    TD

Not official, but I believe these guys.

https://www.facebook.com/2AinMD/

2A in MD has learned that those who had their Wear and Carry permit denial by the MSP overturned by the HPRB will not automatically be renewed unless they meet the MSP definition of G&S at the time of renewal.
    This applies to restrictions appeals to the HPRB as well. If you had restrictions issued with your permit then you will have those restrictions again upon renewal.

Posted Monday evening.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    If this doesn't become law cannot the sheriff just instruct his deputies to not arrest anyone apprehended with handgun in Church? Just like the democrats sanctuary status for their peoples? Maybe he can instruct his deputies to run a criminal check on anyone caught carrying concealed and if they're record is clean not arrest? I mean in general not just in Church or other house of worship. Dems opened this Pandora's box, let them have a taste of what selective prosecution is.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    If this doesn't become law cannot the sheriff just instruct his deputies to not arrest anyone apprehended with handgun in Church? Just like the democrats sanctuary status for their peoples? Maybe he can instruct his deputies to run a criminal check on anyone caught carrying concealed and if they're record is clean not arrest? I mean in general not just in Church or other house of worship. Dems opened this Pandora's box, let them have a taste of what selective prosecution is.

hazzard county is policed by...................

harford sheriff dept
    MSP
    bel air police
    havre de grace police
    aberdeen PD
    elkton PD
    DNR PD
    MD DOT PD
    and I probably missed a couple more

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Is it not a place where people gather ? .........................................which is about everywhere . If i understand right , what sloppy rules , laws or codes . SMH

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Quote:
    2A in MD has learned that those who had their Wear and Carry permit denial by the MSP overturned by the HPRB will not automatically be renewed unless they meet the MSP definition of G&S at the time of renewal.
    This applies to restrictions appeals to the HPRB as well. If you had restrictions issued with your permit then you will have those restrictions again upon renewal.

Well,that's just stupid....................
    I can understand if situations change but if it's all the same all it will do is clog up the process........o wait.

TD

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well,that's just stupid....................
    I can understand if situations change but if it's all the same all it will do is clog up the process........o wait.

TD

They are clogging up the system now by not recognizing the board's decisions as precedent.

And yet when queried they give the same ol' party line - "Each case stands on it's own merits, yada, yada, yada...".

And unless you are collecting a little OT, I'd like to say good morning to 1Sgt Moriarty, Sgt Bonell, Trooper Lazuick and the rest of the gang in the LD. :wave:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    hazzard county is policed by...................

harford sheriff's dept office
    MSP
    bel air police
    havre de grace police
    aberdeen PD
    elkton PD
    DNR PD Natural Resources Police
    MD DOT PD MD Transportation Authority Police?
    and I probably missed a couple more

Fixed up the nomenclature for you. LOL

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They are clogging up the system now by not recognizing the board's decisions as precedent.

And yet when queried they give the same ol' party line - "Each case stands on it's own merits, yada, yada, yada...".

And unless you are collecting a little OT, I'd like to say good morning to 1Sgt Moriarty, Sgt Bonell, Trooper Lazuick and the rest of the gang in the LD. :wave:

If the HPRB is replaced by a judge in the future (not saying I support this), think the LD would try this same nonsense? A reversal at the HPRB or a removal of restrictions is a message that the LD messed up. Apparently whomever is running the show there (which could be an assistant AG) has an incredibly fragile ego. Civilian oversight is one of the purest expressions of democracy (and the whole gov't by the people bit), but apparently these folks don't like their power questioned.

Hogan not exerting any sort of control on the LD's interactions with citizens over the entire course of his first term is further indication that he's a complete putz when it comes to supporting 2A rights. Not any better than Chris Christie and arguably worse. People forget that before bridge-gate that Christie wasn't getting any national traction despite solid debate performances because the Republican base won't warm to those that don't make any effort to support citizen 2A rights.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Can we talk about this bill? If the church and it's property is considered private property, isn't it the owner's right to allow anyone they want to carry? It shouldn't matter if it's open carry or concealed carry. As long as the person does not leave the confines of the owner's property. Now if the church is considered a business, isn't it the right of the business owner to allow their employees to carry? It shouldn't matter if the employee is open carrying or concealed carrying.

So now the only thing the church, which is operating as a business, has to do is employ each member of the congregation as a member of their security force, I see this already being perfectly legal.

Either way, I see no reason for a bill to become law to allow the congregation to carry while on church property. Just have to follow a few rules of the land.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Can we talk about this bill? If the church and it's property is considered private property, isn't it the owner's right to allow anyone they want to carry? It shouldn't matter if it's open carry or concealed carry. As long as the person does not leave the confines of the owner's property. Now if the church is considered a business, isn't it the right of the business owner to allow their employees to carry? It shouldn't matter if the employee is open carrying or concealed carrying.

So now the only thing the church, which is operating as a business, has to do is employ each member of the congregation as a member of their security force, I see this already being perfectly legal.

Either way, I see no reason for a bill to become law to allow the congregation to carry while on church property. Just have to follow a few rules of the land.

I caught the tail end of the conversation today between C4 and Del Kathy Szelaga and she said that not all churches where considered private property. So there is a gray area as to if " your church " is considered private property. I don't know if there is a requirement of insurance/ licensing to be part of a "security team" and who would be responsible for the team's actions. As an individual you would claim responsible for your actions but as paid team the church would be responsible and I don't see many churches wanting that burden.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I caught the tail end of the conversation today between C4 and Del Kathy Szelaga and she said that not all churches where considered private property. So there is a gray area as to if " your church " is considered private property.

If not private property, wouldn't they be considered a business then? Either way, I see no reason they can't carry with currant law.

I'm just a dumb stupid hick, so maybe someone can tell me where I went wrong (other than commenting on something I don't really know anything about).

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    If not private property, wouldn't they be considered a business then? Either way, I see no reason they can't carry with currant law.

I'm just a dumb stupid hick, so maybe someone can tell me where I went wrong (other than commenting on something I don't really know anything about).

That makes 2 of us. I wanted to call in and talk to her but it was to late. The Patriot Picket crew did a sign waving for her last year at one of her debaits and sfterwards she took us to lunch. She seemed to be someone that would be easy to get a hold of. I may try to contact her next week and maybe get some answers to these questions.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

This bill would also allow for transport from home to church, something that would not be technically and legally possible without it unless the parishioner had their carry permit.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This bill would also allow for transport from home to church, something that would not be technically and legally possible without it unless the parishioner had their carry permit.
    Beat me to it. MD laws are very restrictive limiting to where ordinary citizens can transport handguns.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    No one seems to be mentioning that this bill would establish a new purpose for the HQL not found in FSA2013 or anywhere else. On the one hand, it seems to be a tiny step towards turning the HQL into a carry permit, while on the other hand it may be a step towards turning it into a possession permit, or some sort of Handgun Owner's Identification Card.

Realistically, The former is not going to happen: the HQL is not going to evolve into a carry permit. But it could be turned into a license to possess a handgun, or perhaps to transport one.

The proposal seems to assume that HQL holders are somehow more legitimate than those who don't have the HQL. If they are more legitimate, then it follows that handgun owners who do not have an HQL are less legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom