• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Who's dropping $500-$1000 on a suppressor before a shooting spree?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

krucam

Ultimate Member

The amended SHARE bill hasn't "died" in committee at least...

09/13/2017 Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by the Yeas and Nays: 22 - 13.
    Action By: Committee on Natural Resources

09/13/2017 Committee Consideration and Mark-up Session Held.
    Action By: Committee on Natural Resources

09/12/2017 Subcommittee Hearings Held.
    Action By: House Natural Resources Subcommittee on Federal Lands

The being "Reported" is due to the amendments (Mark-up) to the original SHARE bill.

After the bill is reported, the committee staff prepares a written report explaining why they favor the bill and why they wish to see their amendments, if any, adopted. Committee members who oppose a bill sometimes write a dissenting opinion in the report. The report is sent back to the whole chamber and is placed on the calendar.

https://lowenthal.house.gov/legislation/bill-to-law.htm

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Is this a light of hope???

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I don't read legalese nor do I know the intricacies of how the legislative process works, so it was good that one of the previous posters clarified that the bill has not died in committee.

Cal68

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Feel good measure?

Nothing is moving through senate, even spending bills, appointments, defense authorizations, etc. senate a big stand still and Schumer definitely not going to let this go through

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Yeah, the Senate is going to be the stumbling block. We can only hope there are more than a couple (D)s that will allow this to at least move to a floor vote. I see it being amended to eliminate the tax stamp refund provision. Politicians HATE giving money back; especially Democrats.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    There are a couple of Ds and both independents are not anti-2A (you can dislike Sanders if you want, but other than some lip service to the antis in the campaign, he has generally been pro-2A).

Also the bill is relatively uncontroverstial except to the more extreme anti-gunners. It very well might just get a vote in the senate.

I won't hold my breath, but I am also not ready to give up.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Yeah, the Senate is going to be the stumbling block. We can only hope there are more than a couple (D)s that will allow this to at least move to a floor vote. I see it being amended to eliminate the tax stamp refund provision. Politicians HATE giving money back; especially Democrats.

If removing the $200 refund would be what it takes to pass, so be it. Granted the refund wouldn't effect me either way. I have always wanted to build a form 1 suppressor, but can't stomach $200 tax stamp on parts that will cost me less than that.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    “(H) the firearm is a firearm defined as curio or relic by the Attorney General under section 921(a)(13) of this title."

Oh... Oh YES. This means Russia can sell us the 250k~ M1895 Winchester Repeating Rifles they have! Among other things. SO. MUCH. WANT.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    “(H) the firearm is a firearm defined as curio or relic by the Attorney General under section 921(a)(13) of this title."

Oh... Oh YES. This means Russia can sell us the 250k~ M1895 Winchester Repeating Rifles they have! Among other things. SO. MUCH. WANT.

Ah, the medicine gun for lions!

"But as we stood, one of the porters behind called out "Simba"; and we caught a glimpse of a big lioness galloping down beside the trees, just beyond the donga … Tarlton took his big double-barrel and advised me to take mine, as the sun had just set and it was likely to be close work; but I shook my head, for the Winchester 405 is, at least for me personally, the "medicine gun" for lions." -Teddy Rosevelt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom