• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    That seller is well-respected and gets a lot of rare items (and corresponding big bucks).
    It's more than likely legit.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    He has some really nice guns for sale right now. Several I would love to have.

You aren't kidding. I would love to have the cash to drop on a real M40. But its at 1K already and I do not see that stopping any time soon.

Also very cool that it was ordered by a police dept.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    So how much will it go for, price of right rules. Closest to actual retail price without going over. I'm thinking it will go for $7500. What say you guys?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So how much will it go for, price of right rules. Closest to actual retail price without going over. I'm thinking it will go for $7500. What say you guys?

I know of 1 other that is available other than this one. Asking price $25,000.00

Guy is serious. He won't take any less.

Jul 1, 2012
    Geez, I was going to guess $7k but looks like that's really low :)
    I know it'll be many thousands more than I can afford, regardless....

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    The CMP gets crazy money for their items. I seen a welded up 1903a4 receiver bring 3500. I don't think it will go for no more than 9500. Will have to watch and see. If I had the cash and won the rifle I would shoot it. It's not like it has not been shot before. The only thing I would do is remove the vintage scope.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have it on my watch list and it has only had one more bid since yesterday, up to $1,025 now.
    Only 5 bidders so far, with 12 days left. I have seen prices things on Gun Broker really go through the roof before, in the last day or 2.
    I am going to say that it goes for $21,750.00.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder now if this thing is going to command the BIG bucks since it didn't see any Vietnam action? I know it still has 11 days left but I thought for sure it would be much higher by now. It will be interesting to see where this thing finally lands. I may throw a bid or two out there and see if it sticks.

Jul 1, 2012
    Good luck!
    Waaay far outside my collecting focus but a pretty neat piece of history, whether it was used in combat or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom