• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If there's anyone going to Dulles this weekend and wouldn't mind fronting for 500 rounds of Georgia Arms .223 let me know. There's no way I can get over there.

I'll pay you back at the DelMarVa shoot if you're coming or I'll meet you somewhere if not.

HoChiWawa will vouch that I'm good for it.......

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    On a similar note and please excuse this newbie if this has been addressed in the past: As a MD resident, am I able to purchase, cash and carry, a non-restricted long gun (SKS with a fixed magazine) at the upcoming Dulles show? I've seen different answers on different forums and don't want to get jammed up at the show or on returning to the People's Republic. Thanks!

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    On a similar note and please excuse this newbie if this has been addressed in the past: As a MD resident, am I able to purchase, cash and carry, a non-restricted long gun (SKS with a fixed magazine) at the upcoming Dulles show? I've seen different answers on different forums and don't want to get jammed up at the show or on returning to the People's Republic. Thanks!

This is from the MD code regarding non-regulated rifles and shotguns:

§ 5-204. Purchasers of rifles or shotguns.

(a) "Adjacent state" defined.- In this section, "adjacent state" means Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia.

(b) Resident of this State in adjacent state.- If a resident of this State is eligible to purchase a rifle or shotgun under the laws of an adjacent state, the resident may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed gun dealer in the adjacent state.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member

Yes - SKS with fixed magazines are NOT a regulated firearm in MD. It is treated like buying a shotgun or standard non-military rifle. If it had a detachable magazine it would be regulated similar to AK47's and AR-15's.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Im going this saturday to look and feel several glocks before I make my decicion to buy it online.

for the SKS, Good Luck, I had a very hard time at dulles to try to get that rifle, They were being dicks and saying its not allown, I even brought the maryland law paper and told them to read it..

They were like, You could edit it and add whatever you wanted to that paper and I was like " okay, Next time I come here, I will have a laptop and you can search it up yourself and it will be the exact wording" .

But im not going to do business with idiots :)

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    If you were dealing with Dark Sun Surplus, I am not surprised. They are dicks. They kissed off about a thousand dollars in sales from me by saying my name was an alias on my lease vs. my government issued ID. I said fine, told him to keep his guns and wandered over to Bailey's Guns out of Tazwell, VA and bought rifles from them instead. Their loss.

A good dealer at a local show will generally be aware of the laws in the surrounding states.

Matt

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I spent all of my fun money on the 7.62 NATO that just came into AIM. I'll have to pass on Georgia Arms this time :sad20:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    If it had a detachable magazine it would be regulated similar to AK47's and AR-15's

But not if the bayonet were removed perhaps as lots of them have been to be California compliant.

Moot point anyway, since very few sks's are successfully modded to take detachable mags. And most surplus dealers are going to have originals still in cosmo.

Lots of detachable mag semiautos are "non regulated." The remington 742 comes to mind, as it has no scary looking pistol grip.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    But not if the bayonet were removed perhaps as lots of them have been to be California compliant.

Moot point anyway, since very few sks's are successfully modded to take detachable mags. And most surplus dealers are going to have originals still in cosmo.

Lots of detachable mag semiautos are "non regulated." The remington 742 comes to mind, as it has no scary looking pistol grip.

I'm not sure about the bayonet thing. I know the MD regulated "assault" rifle list specifically states "SKS with detachable magazine"

I modded mine to a 20 round fixed magazine. We'll find out how well that works on the 15th. But like you, I have also heard about lots of problems trying to get an SKS to accept a detachable mag.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I got a pair of 20 round detachables for my SKS before learning about the true implications of 922(r). Fitted them once at home and they didn't feed worth anything with inert rounds. Came right off and I reverted the gun back to stock.

If anyone wants them, I'll bring them with me to the DelMarVa shoot. Otherwise, I may see about throwing them on the berm and use them for target practice. :)

Matt

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I got a pair of 20 round detachables for my SKS before learning about the true implications of 922(r). Fitted them once at home and they didn't feed worth anything with inert rounds. Came right off and I reverted the gun back to stock.

If anyone wants them, I'll bring them with me to the DelMarVa shoot. Otherwise, I may see about throwing them on the berm and use them for target practice. :)

Matt

Nah, I don't need the ATF breathing down by back. I'm curious to see how many jams I get with my fixed mag

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Just got back from the show. There is a military surplus booth on the left had side as you walk in. They had new 30 round mags with the green followers for $10 each.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom