• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They'll attempt to pass whatever they think they can pass. That's just what these people are about. They'll then use your taxpayer supplied funding to fight any law suits that may materialize from our side.

Maryland reality. You'll need to decide whether or not you want to shoot. I say that because this session, it may be AR'S. Next session, it will be about something else. There's really no way of knowing what exactly they'll throw against the wall in looking to see what sticks. So buy your rifle if you're so inclined , and fight them every step of the way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When I heard about this last year, I started planning accordingly. I recommend everyone should. Gives us at least an 80% chance of success.

I like the odds. Multiply it by as many as you can.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    The future is uncertain at best. What is very likely is that AR purchases will become increasingly difficult as time goes on. If you don't buy one soon, you may never be able to own one. Just think of all those awesome experiences you'll be denying yourself (and family?).

Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

Buy it, now. Get your friends and their friends interested in buying their own and doing the political legwork to help us all keep them.

Great advice.... words to live and die by.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Not comply of course!

I hope all of us have the same resolve as you have when push comes to shove. I have given this a lot of thought and often wonder how confiscation would be implemented. Would it be the individual versus a swat team?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They'll attempt to pass whatever they think they can pass. That's just what these people are about. They'll then use your taxpayer supplied funding to fight any law suits that may materialize from our side.

Maryland reality. You'll need to decide whether or not you want to shoot. I say that because this session, it may be AR'S. Next session, it will be about something else. There's really no way of knowing what exactly they'll throw against the wall in looking to see what sticks. So buy your rifle if you're so inclined , and fight them every step of the way.

Yeah, some fools in the Gen Ass were trying to ram thru registration of curio and relic guns and add all kinds of restrictions that had no logistical way in hell of being enforceable or even legal.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'll be very surprised if they do actual buybacks. When it actually comes down to it, I think the hardcore left will have a shitfit over taxpayer money being used to buyback guns when their are other social ills going on.

Imagine the campaign "Annapolis wants to spend 200 million dollars to buyback guns while Baltimore city schools can't afford heat."

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I'll be very surprised if they do actual buybacks. When it actually comes down to it, I think the hardcore left will have a shitfit over taxpayer money being used to buyback guns when their are other social ills going on.

Imagine the campaign "Annapolis wants to spend 200 million dollars to buyback guns while Baltimore city schools can't afford heat."

The hardcore left believes private ownership of firearms IS a social ill.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The hardcore left believes private ownership of firearms IS a social ill.
    Yeah but "How dare gun owners ask for money for their death machines when children are starving?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Yeah but "How dare gun owners ask for money for their death machines when children are starving?"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They aren't (all) saying it yet, but they could care less, and will just push for plain old confiscation instead of forced sale. If they actually gave half a f***, they'd be going issue to issue, biggest problem to smallest problem. So guns of law abiding citizens would be on the bottom of their list, and they'd be looking at, caring about, and implementing real solutions to issues like homelessness, improving infrastructure, suicide rates, drunk driving, why so many women can't keep their legs closed and need to have their unborn babies murdered, obesity and heart disease, the disappearing middle class, and gang violence, to name a few.

It's all about full government power and control. Gun owners have 1 less reason to need the government (particularly in states with normal carry and home defense laws...) as well as the last resort to stand up to the government. All very intentionally written into the 2A.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    and they'd be looking at, caring about, and implementing real solutions to issues like homelessness, improving infrastructure, suicide rates, drunk driving, why so many women can't keep their legs closed and need to have their unborn babies murdered, obesity and heart disease, the disappearing middle class, and gang violence, to name a few.
    The left has no interest in solving these issues eithher

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Let's not use the anti-gunners terms for this. It's not "mandatory buyback", it's "compensated seizure".

FWIW, I don't think MD is anywhere close to eliminating grandfathering on guns, or even mags. They couldn't even ban "ghost guns" without grandfathering, which, in retrospect, was a pretty impressive victory for our side.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    There’s a time when someone has to draw a line in the sand. I’m not waiting for the train cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom