• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    NRA has probably seen it's last contribution form me also. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from last years Patriot Picket support function and their lack of support for us... :tdown:

The more things change ... I've gotten major crap on this forum for reminding folks about how little support NRA gave us in Annapolis during the 2000 St. Paddy's Day/S&W "Smart Gun" Massacre. NRA can't fight the good fight, lest the panic end and fundraising dry up. Send them just enough money to keep your instructor credentials current and send the rest to somebody who is on our side-SAF, JPFO, GOA, etc.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I don’t know about WLP, but was close enough to North in a previous life to be certain that I don’t want anything to do with him. You could use his image on a Gadsden Flag without changing the meaning.

Ha ha. Yeah. Quite the reputation amongst peers and subordinates. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Leaked Letters Reveal Details of NRA Chief’s Alleged Spending :shocked2:

National Rifle Association Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre billed the group’s ad agency $39,000 for one day of shopping at a Beverly Hills clothing boutique, $18,300 for a car and driver in Europe and had the agency cover $13,800 in rent for a summer intern, according to newly revealed NRA internal documents.

The documents, posted anonymously on the internet, provide new details of the clothing, travel and other expenses totaling more than $542,000 that Ackerman McQueen Inc. alleges Mr. LaPierre billed to it.

In the letters, Ackerman McQueen wrote Mr. LaPierre that it couldn’t provide detail on clothing and travel expenses it incurred for the NRA chief without more information from him.

“We need to address your wardrobe you required us to provide, specifically purchases at the Zegna store in Beverly Hills, CA,” one letter from Ackerman said. It attached a list of purchases between 2004 and 2017 that totaled $274,695.03. On two dates, Mr. LaPierre’s purchases exceeded $39,000.

The other letter asked Mr. LaPierre for detailed records backing up $267,460.53 of travel and rent expenses that Mr. LaPierre billed to Ackerman, which said it in turn billed to the NRA.

As for the summer intern, Ackerman wrote that Mr. LaPierre “required we rent” her an apartment and requested that Mr. LaPierre provide details about his business relationship to the young woman.

I wonder if she was his side piece?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/leaked...ls-of-nra-chiefs-alleged-spending-11557597601

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    It's all about appearances. You gotta look good when the lights are on, you can't grease some grubby politician hand wearing a jacket from Men's Warehouse. Well not if you want results.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    It's all about appearances. You gotta look good when the lights are on, you can't grease some grubby politician hand wearing a jacket from Men's Warehouse. Well not if you want results.

Nor the same outfit you wore yesterday. Each day must start fresh.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    So Washington DC Swamp fever is contagious. Time to drain the NRA Bayou and get rid of the swamp dwellers.

NRA is a lobbying organization. Why would it be any different from other lobbying organizations? They aren’t earning congressional votes with sound reasoning and pocket copies of the constitution.
    Swamp dwellers do what swamp dwellers do.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good point. Consider the Southern Poverty Law Center. Both the founder as well as current president were recently forced out due to allegations of sexual impropriety. And there's been continuing news of racial discrimination as well as the nonprofit having a hostile work environment. They also have an enormous fund raising effort that critics say is primarily growing cash reserves vs using to further their advocacy efforts (many of which include lumping conservative advocacy groups with entities like the KKK by broadly labeling the former as hate groups). I bet a careful examination of their finances would reveal similar if not more impropriety.

Not that we should give the NRA a pass of course. Make the changes and corrections needed to keep on task (as long as the NY AG doesn't hobble the organization).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Came across this site following the NRA drama. https://www.thetrace.org/ Beware it’s a pro gun control reporting site. So the NRA reporting will be biased as such. Some of the antics aren’t that uncommon in large non profits (i.e. using a fund raising firm you own), huge exec salaries, and are often the reasons I don’t give to large charities. What I found alarming was the news that they’ve been spending more than they’re bringing in.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    As far as I am concerned Ollie North once again showed he is an American patriot by exposing the NRA's issues at personal cost to himself.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As far as I am concerned Ollie North once again showed he is an American patriot by exposing the NRA's issues at personal cost to himself.

Right, by leaking it to the New York Times and Bloomberg-funded Trace. With patriots like that who needs communists.

Before this started, I did not know it was possible from my opinion of Mr North to be lower. He proved me wrong.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Guess it would of been better to address the members of the NRA. What a radical thought. Keep this stuff in house. Disappointing.
    V

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    NRA is a lobbying organization. Why would it be any different from other lobbying organizations? They aren’t earning congressional votes with sound reasoning and pocket copies of the constitution.
    Swamp dwellers do what swamp dwellers do.

NRA is less proportionally a lobbying organization than GOA and others.

NRA is the healthiest type of organization. It a legitimate grass roots organization with millions of members, an entire spectrum of activities, and about 6% of it "lobbying."

They actually do work with sound reasoning and the inherent legitimacy of having a lot of members.

NRA's opponents on the other hand have no paying members and are virtually 100% lobbying groups, in fact what the gun control organizations actually are are money laundering operations , driving and delivering at least $200 million a cycle into the partisan political process. They are arms length, vest pocket DNC laundering ops, through charitable and non profit fronts.

That with NRA targeted by the media, and in fact NRA's funding targeted by the gun control lobby, that stripped out at least $70 million in corporate and other funding from NRA, created stresses and resultant problems means what? It means you and I were attacked,m our organization was attacked and than made some mistakes common to non profits but which are being amplified by the media.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The NRA issues are no different than any non profit that has a toe in lobbying, of which there are thousands.

What North, who has a history of opposing Second Amendment rights of individuals did was work directly with Bloomberg's "The Trace" Which is is an arm of the gun control lobby.

collie North has done more to damage your Second Amendment rights than Bloomberg himself could ever hope to.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Came across this site following the NRA drama. https://www.thetrace.org/ Beware it’s a pro gun control reporting site. So the NRA reporting will be biased as such. Some of the antics aren’t that uncommon in large non profits (i.e. using a fund raising firm you own), huge exec salaries, and are often the reasons I don’t give to large charities. What I found alarming was the news that they’ve been spending more than they’re bringing in.

They are common as heck. They just never get reported. And NRA own demographics tend to be in rural states where these salary, remuneration or spending numbers seem large, when they are not.

About seven years ago a major non profit membership association client of mine got embezzled for $4.1 million by its executive director and accountant. It was a huge loss since their annual operating budget was about $700,000 million, about half paid for with member dues and about half from their endowment. Worse yet their insurance maxed at one million dollars. The sole and entire public/media coverage was a single three sentence piece in the trade publication for not for profit news. Nothing in the WPost, NYTimes, WSJ., etc.

Let's keep in mind there never would be a real examination of Everyone, "March For Our Lives, "Moms Demand" books and a public and publicized investigative pieces. Those are pure top down, narrowly controlled groups that are media darlings.

As far as NRA sending more than taking in, virtually ALL non profits do that in some years or sets of years. In the case of the NRA, Kendeda and several of the gun control groups specifically -- and successfully -- targeted a good deal of NRA's funding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom