What do we think of this? Effective? Legal to carry in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Dont carry a thing that looks like a gun, but isnt. Carry a real gun, or dont. This will get you shot and you cant fire back. Irritant rounds are irritating, but not as irritating as getting shot.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    It may be better than nothing in certain circumstances but not something I would rely on as a primary means unless it was all I had. They do a good job at making it look instantly effective in the video but my experience with pepper balls is anything but. Useless at close range unless you want a face full as well and not enough of anything to stop someone who's hell bent on hurting you. Someone hyped up mentally or chemically will walk right past that and continue the assault.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Well, I looked up the legalities of just BB and airsoft guns in my locality, and they are prohibited. I can't recall the exact language, but it stated anything that could propel a projectile thru a barrel, whether using gas/compressed air, or spring power is prohibited. I found that tidbit out after shooting an airsoft gun in my backyard with my son and a neighbor, who was former police warned me to be careful of it. I though he was full of it so I looked it up and he was correct. Based on your location of Columbia, I would definitely look up the rules on those type of products before buying.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Ok, to amend my last statement, I looked it up, and in Westminster here, it exempts something lawfully used in the defense of one's self, so this could be legal here in Westminster. But HoCo is a whole nother universe of civility.

Good thread
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=67276

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721-102050.jpg
      Screenshot_20190721-102050.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 724

Eric114

Nov 8, 2017
    Halethorpe MD
    I was curious about this as well, seeing how I was critizied by msp during my appeal to the OAH for not carrying less then lethal (such as pepper spray or a pocket knife msp's words) and going straight to applying for a ccw permit.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    I was curious about this as well, seeing how I was critizied by msp during my appeal to the OAH for not carrying less then lethal (such as pepper spray or a pocket knife msp's words) and going straight to applying for a ccw permit.

Pocket knife? Seriously? In my beliefs, use a blade effectively. You're striking artery or vein points. That's intent to kill and you will be covered in blood

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Maybe an alternative to us here in Maryland that can't get a CC permit, at least until it's decided to be illegal without one. Otherwise I'd say just carry a gun

Hemspilot

Feb 29, 2020
    Just buy a police taser.

Legal now in MD.

They shoot out 2 probes and if used correctly will drop 99% of them.

Sadly officers are too close and make them seem ineffective. Further the probes are apart, the better it works. Cops often too close and don’t get the probe spread they are supposed to have.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I realize y’all are in MD. Sorry for that. I was “incarcerated” there myself. Retirement set us free. Great news is y’all have a head start on most of America in case comrade Bernie ascends to the throne...

For me, Gun or no gun. Carrying anything resembling a gun is asking for trouble imo. Get it out and then the fun begins. It isn’t lethal. If you need lethal, then you’re Fd. It looks lethal. Bad guys or high guys aren’t gonna be troubled by that. They’ll commence to shooting your arse and you’ll be holding a limp d1ck... LEOs aren’t gonna presume it’s legal and will presume it’s lethal and you stand the risk of getting Fing shot.

Carry a gun or don’t. Don’t carry a look alike.

There’s lots of decent and efficacious non lethal options.

What you carry is up to you. IMHO, whatever you carry needs to be up to the task you expect to employ it in. Start with the end in mind and be wary of the potential for unintended consequences. For heavens sake, become proficient with the employment of whatever that tool may be.

Good luck.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Absolutely horrible idea. I wouldn't use anything that looks just like a firearm but isn't. Too much chance for a misunderstanding in chaos/ confusion in self defense scenario. Plus when the antis see things like this it gives them alternative arguments for home defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom