• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    One minor issue...

MSP currently bans anything "Bushmaster", including the lowers, so anything built on an Anderson AM-15 lower could potentially become banned, if the past is any indication.

Didn’t they grandfather them though? I think that’s one of the many issues here is it offers no grandfather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Didn’t they grandfather them though? I think that’s one of the many issues here is it offers no grandfather.

Certainly correct as to ONE of the issues.

It would be a retro ban to 10/1/2013 because it simply insert the language in to existing law rather than adding a separate provision stating that those two models are banned with a grandfather provision from 10/1/2020. This bill does say it is effective 10/1/2020, but it does not say it grandfathers the two named items prior to the enactment of SB39.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Bushmaster is banned by name. The Anderson lower by a specific model. I am not sure if that's the same.

Bushmaster IS NOT banned by name, and never was when the list first came out in 1989. It, much like the Anderson, was a specific model, made Gwinn firearms.

MSP, with the help of Frosh, has again administratively over reached in their duty to enforce the law.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Yep, the question is, will they add to the grandfather, on not.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yep, the question is, will they add to the grandfather, on not.

Ugh. I hate that this state has turned out this way. I thought, currently anyway, that any lower could be built into any rifle (or pistol) as long as it was an hbar barrel. Manufacture didn’t matter. But this piece of crap bill would change that it seems. As it currently sits people that built a rifle or pistol on an Andy lower in 223 or 300 would need to change lowers or calibers (barrels). What a cluster.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ugh. I hate that this state has turned out this way. I thought, currently anyway, that any lower could be built into any rifle (or pistol) as long as it was an hbar barrel. Manufacture didn’t matter. But this piece of crap bill would change that it seems. As it currently sits people that built a rifle or pistol on an Andy lower in 223 or 300 would need to change lowers or calibers (barrels). What a cluster.

Haven't been able to use a Bushmaster lower since Oct 1, 2013, since the MSP, with Frosh behind them have been mis-interpreting the Bushmaster Carbine on the banned list.

Given that, I don't see why MSP wouldn't overstep again, and ban everything Anderson, whether is says AM-15 or not.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Haven't been able to use a Bushmaster lower since Oct 1, 2013, since the MSP, with Frosh behind them have been mis-interpreting the Bushmaster Carbine on the banned list.

Given that, I don't see why MSP wouldn't overstep again, and ban everything Anderson, whether is says AM-15 or not.

I "wish" hogan would get control of them over there.... wish is the operative word cause we all know he doesn't care what we think. I'm just over here trying to hunt and protect myself and trying not to break the law while I'm doing it. Yet Baltimore city is a perennial shit hole and all MSP cares about is law abiding citizens like me. So damn frustrating.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    I "wish" hogan would get control of them over there.... wish is the operative word cause we all know he doesn't care what we think. I'm just over here trying to hunt and protect myself and trying not to break the law while I'm doing it. Yet Baltimore city is a perennial shit hole and all MSP cares about is law abiding citizens like me. So damn frustrating.

My good friend. As much of a RINO as Hogan is. He can veto anything that passes and the MGA can thumb their nose and override with their super majority. Until we unseat those who are D in Frederick,
    Carroll and others and chip away at their supermajority, they will continue to thrust evil upon us. Because they are tyrants and crave power and total control. Until they are unseated nothing Hogan can do. I wish it were different.

Now, we all can write,
    Email, hand shake and get after our elected officials and encourage and work with them to fight this crap. SB55 has already been withdrawn. It’s HB4 and the select others that are going to be a dog fight to kill.

Don’t forget to take the fight to them on Twitter and other socials. Point out their hypocrisy and that they really don’t care about safety. Make them fight back and put themselves in a precarious position when they called extremists et al because that’s all they have since facts aren’t on their side.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    My good friend. As much of a RINO as Hogan is. He can veto anything that passes and the MGA can thumb their nose and override with their super majority. Until we unseat those who are D in Frederick,
    Carroll and others and chip away at their supermajority, they will continue to thrust evil upon us. Because they are tyrants and crave power and total control. Until they are unseated nothing Hogan can do. I wish it were different.

Now, we all can write,
    Email, hand shake and get after our elected officials and encourage and work with them to fight this crap. SB55 has already been withdrawn. It’s HB4 and the select others that are going to be a dog fight to kill.

Don’t forget to take the fight to them on Twitter and other socials. Point out their hypocrisy and that they really don’t care about safety. Make them fight back and put themselves in a precarious position when they called extremists et al because that’s all they have since facts aren’t on their side.

Very true. We somehow need to make a dent in the blue counties. Not sure how we do that now but I think thats our only way... unless of course we split Maryland into 2 states. Another argument for another day I suppose.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone there on SB39? I was stuck at work and could not get off today to testify at it or Hb4.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Bushmaster IS NOT banned by name, and never was when the list first came out in 1989. It, much like the Anderson, was a specific model, made Gwinn firearms.

MSP, with the help of Frosh, has again administratively over reached in their duty to enforce the law.

Thanks - I saw some more discussion on how the Bushmaster name was conflated by MSP to become make and manufacturer. Thanks for setting that straight, I had the same misconception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom