• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Best way to shoot with CO2 cooler/cold weather

Anybody figured this out? Think I got it but not giving anything away yet. Let's hear your ideas or experience/innovation

Last edited:

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Can use hand warmers to keep bottle up to temp, is this what you mean? I do similar with PCP if real cold, hand warmer on bottom of tank.
    V

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Depends. There are multiple solutions that are tried and true. If using larger CO2 bottles (12/16/20oz refillable) the most reliable method is to have the bottle mated to the air supply adapter and marked with a line at the 12-o-clock position. Then install an anti-siphon tube that will prevent liquid CO2 from being sucked up by the air supply adapter which then plays havoc on your internal components. Alternatively, you can run an expansion chamber in-line with a large bottle, use a remote line (allows the bottle to be held in a pouch on your waist, upright to prevent liquid from entering the line, and the line itself will allow the CO2 to expand appropriately before hitting the valve) or use a CO2-capable regulator.

For the little 12 gram powerlets, you can throw a hand-warmer up against your grips when using them.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Paintball went with compressed air for partially this reason. Very little pressure spikes

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Great input! I was talking particularly about the 12 gram cartridges, when there's a provision for it. The other thing I thought about was some resistance wire wrapped around it/them if it uses 2 and then powering it w/a 9V battery. Probably wouldn't last too long though like the cartridge it's keeping at room temp. Right now I use the hand warmers til something a little more practical comes along. Warmers work pretty well with pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom