Glen Burnie Park was invaded last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    Shut our eyes and embrace anarchy. Got it. :innocent0

Shut our eyes never! More like shut our mouths choose our words wisely considering how critical the need for votes are from the gun grabbers who dont understand people like us. People who support the 2A.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Shut our eyes never! More like shut our mouths choose our words wisely considering how critical the need for votes are from the gun grabbers who dont understand people like us. People who support the 2A.

Kowtowing to illegal social activity is in no way garnering, nor worrying about currying favor from the gun grabbers. They couldn’t care less.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I concur.

It's like pulling hens' teeth to get a response, even to aerial fireworks in a drought.

Pool, middle of a neighborhood one side is a park the rest is houses. I live beyond the park. Woke up the whole house. Looking out the window, I think the whole block had been woken up. I could see the lights on at the pool. Middle of the week, school is in session and we work.

Me: Hi, I am calling because the local pool started blaring music at 12 am.

911: What do you think we are going to do about it?

Me: Well, I think you could investigate and see what is going on. It could be anything, like people breaking in or a party that has gotten out of hand.

911: It sounds like its just a bunch of noise.

Me: Yes, and they are blaring it through the PA system. It's been going on for a while.

911: There is nothing we can do. *click*

Me: I put on my slippers and drove over to the pool. The pool employee's were throwing a end of year party. Lots of drinking and music. The DJ plugged into the PA system to make it "louder". Some people were leaving and getting in their cars that could barely walk. I walked in and bee lined it to the DJ. Someone half sobber asks who I am and what I am there for, since I am not dressed for a party. I told them and walked to the DJ. Some drunk girl "manager" started yelling at me, barely able to articulate anything. The half sober person started pulling her away. They disconnected the music from the PA system before I got to my car. I went home and went back to sleep.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Wow Dindus ......WARNING is a racial slur Noun. dindu (plural dindu nuffins) (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive) A black person. (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive).

When, and whoever the shoe fits. Thanks for the WARNING. :rolleyes:

I will never shut my mouth. That has been the problem for far too long.

You either stand up, or stand down. We all make our choices.

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    When, and whoever the shoe fits. Thanks for the WARNING. :rolleyes:

I will never shut my mouth. That has been the problem for far too long.

You either stand up, or stand down. We all make our choices.

Words are more powerful than you can imagine, so it is important to choose them wisely. They have the ability to carry our points of view and core beliefs, to amazing places. ... Words are a means for us to express and describe our experiences to others. So, they always have emotions attached to them. What is to be said of any man who will state openly that he will never shut his mouth no matter the consequence. More importantly we must ask exactly what kind of person has no problem with using known derogatory slurs on a site promoting the 2A which should be beloved by all US citizens... Agreed we all make choices. I choose civility and gentlemanliness. In the long forgotten times the enlightened of society called it gallantry

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    FTFY. There's a reason why you don't see this sort of shit in Potomac.
    I'm sure you know there are several old enclaves of descendants of former slaves, that kept the land they lived on. I have a history book about it.
    'Tobytown', off River Rd. way past Potomac Village, is one area, and 'Scotland' off 7 Locks Road behind Oracle Place is all land former slaves got. Just like that AME church down 7 Locks from Scotland.
    Only black people live there. It is stark realism. In 2020, some people are more comfortable hanging out with like minded people.
    It's been the way of the world forever. It's not Racist. It's reality.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm sure you know there are several old enclaves of descendants of former slaves, that kept the land they lived on. I have a history book about it.
    'Tobytown', off River Rd. way past Potomac Village, is one area, and 'Scotland' off 7 Locks Road behind Oracle Place is all land former slaves got. Just like that AME church down 7 Locks from Scotland.
    Only black people live there. It is stark realism. In 2020, some people are more comfortable hanging out with like minded people.
    It's been the way of the world forever. It's not Racist. It's reality.

Harmans Woods in my area is the same way. Descendants of slaves. They're all black and long standing to this day. Some old homes, some new ones. Funny though, I get along with a lot of them. I walk through there and some know me. We wave to each other. All folks want is a peaceful existence.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Harmans Woods in my area is the same way. Descendants of slaves. They're all black and long standing to this day. Some old homes, some new ones. Funny though, I get along with a lot of them. I walk through there and some know me. We wave to each other. All folks want is a peaceful existence.

This hits the nail on the head. Most people just want to get on with their lives. Without interference. Others just can't stand seeing them being content and become "nannies." I think the conversation in this thread has taken place scores of times in the past. I suggest the newer folks do a search...

And I'll just leave that here. :deadhorse:

ETA to return to the topic - I think what we're seeing is the decline of our country. Laws are so numerous and ludicrous, and are so laxly enforced, that they are flagrantly ignored by the less "disciplined" members of our society. This syndrome is usually found in the "enlightened, progressive" Democrat-run enclaves throughout the country. See Chiraq, Detroit, MSP, LA, NYC, DC, et. al.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    What you’re forgetting is they’re the real constituents of Maryland. They vote lockstep Dem and leave the super wealthy enclaves alone. We’re just here to keep funding their government handouts.

The law abiding are just tax cattle and our property is only ours bc they can tax it. If some youths want to use our lawns for parties, our cars for joyrides, or our homes as convenient free department shopping MD says we better let them; couldn’t have someone’s teenager going to jail or worse, they’re good kids just expressing themselves through crime before heading off to be doctors or lawyers clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Shut our eyes and embrace ‘yute anarchy in the night. Got it. :innocent0

Just for the record, gatherings such as the one Mr H articulated includes all races. “Ricer’s” habitually mob areas with this activity described.

Is “Ricer’s” racist? Not really. It describes a modified Jap car with obnoxious exhaust and a ridiculous trunk wing.

Is “Jap” racist? It’s just short for Japanese, where many of these cars come from.

I’m all for inclusion. As long as everyone comes together in a socially civilized manner. Others whom don’t want to abide by rule of law and common decency.... nerp.

Get off my lawn.

Get out of the middle of my street.

Let me sleep.

Jap cars lol. Made in the USA and Canada.

I'm gonna change American cars to Mexicars to more accurately describe their origin. :innocent0

Oldline6

Apr 1, 2018
    For some reason, I just had the thought of a giant easter bunny strolling down the street and tossing molotov cocktails into each improperly parked car, from it's clutched egg basket.

Weird huh?

Maybe I need to stop drinking Coors Light.

Move to Southern Maryland, run for Sheriff, you got my vote...

Woodba

Mar 13, 2018
    Several of us had to call 911 last night.

About 11:20, we start hearing thumping music and loud voices. When it didn't move along, I took a look out the window, and there were 30+ cars completely blocking the 3 blocks of the "T" intersection right in front of the house. Best I could tell, it looked like a rolling party from one of the mini-hoods in the area.

It kept feeling like there might be a fight about to break out, especially with the disregard and open containers.

I was told by dispatch that a car was in the area, and I eventually saw 2 units roll through, but I couldn't tell if it was anything but for show.

After half an hour, all but 3 had moved along.

This is something I'd never experienced before, and was not at all comforting. Will head out in a bit to check for damage.

Does anyone know if this is a regular thing in the county?
    Unfortunately with the massive increase in single parent homes, no father homes, parents drinking and their kids following suit, more and more kids today have no real upbringing. They don’t know right from wrong and they respect no one, especially authority, and the police. What they have been taught is how to be this way, how to not respect others or their property, or themselves. It starts at home and it starts on day 1.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Wow Dindus ......WARNING is a racial slur Noun. dindu (plural dindu nuffins) (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive) A black person. (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive).

Duly noted. I seriously doubt a Dindu that joined this forum would hang around for long. They'd either get offended and go their merry way or do something to get the ban hammer.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Several of us had to call 911 last night. ...

This is something I'd never experienced before, and was not at all comforting. ...

Does anyone know if this is a regular thing in the county?

Hey, Mr. H., very sorry to hear of your (another peaceful) neighborhood being disturbed. Your experience reminded me of a risky phenomenon I observed decades ago:

Creeping normality (or death by a thousand cuts; aka-boiled frog syndrome)”: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality

Back in the 80’s and 90’s, while serving fugitive warrants in DC and around the MD/VA Beltway we’d invariably come across elderly folks in once nice neighborhoods that were then (now?) nothing less than concrete jungles.

Every once in awhile I’d get into a conversation with one of them (sometimes a couple), I’d ask, “If y’all don’t mind me asking: WHAT in the world are YOU doing here? and “Is there anywhere else you might be able to relocate to?” and the story was just about always similar in nature:

Oh yes, this once was the most wonderful neighborhood - we raised our children here and had so many terrific friends and best of memories. But, things changed very gradually and we didn’t listen to the pleas of our neighbors as they moved out nor our kids’ and other family members to “Get Out, Now!” Before we knew it, all the value of our once admirable home had dissolved, along with the attractiveness of our old neighborhood.

This was a very, very serious situation for many (if not all) of them as, they had been banking on selling their homes to fund their twilight years or supplement their fixed incomes (or, leave some legacy).

Now, they were without options and for all practical purposes, TRAPPED! (If not during the day then most definitely after dark!)

The saddest cases were widows and even widowers who had “plans for pulling the plug” - together. But, when one partner passed (or, sustained a hip or other injury and entered into long term care outside the home), well, the surviving partner (now with EVEN LESS to live on and NO SUPPORT system inside those four walls) really became trapped and all the more vulnerable...(day and night).

Hey, EVERYONE knows: the thoughts of downsizing, packing a houseful of stuff into storage, fixing a house up to be listed, selling a home that a lifetime of memories were made in and then packing again (the final time - ugh!) and moving :-O! can be overwhelming.

But, it is nothing compared to “missing the window of opportunity” to make a profit AND get out while the gettin’ is good!

Above all else, I hope y’all are not disturbed anymore (but, we both know better) and, I hope y’all never have any regrets.

Best o’ Success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom