• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Can the public come as spectators, to see how the game is played?

Sure. The Club's main-gate is open for guests between ~12:15 - 13:00.

Morgan321 said:
    Loaner rifles?

Yep -- we usually have a couple of rifles that are already dialed-in for this CoF.

Although we often have some match ammo for sale, we cannot ensure this. Therefore we encourage folks to bring a box or two of good, match-quality 22LR (not stingers or mini-mags).

NiftyVT said:
    Is set up at 1pm or is that when the match starts?
    1300 is set-up and match-briefing. Sometimes we set-up a bit sooner so long as we're not throwing any members off of the range.

NiftyVT said:
    Is there a practice/sight in period before the match?
    Yes -- usually of about 1/2 hour to ~45 minutes, depending upon the needs of the shooters. Showing-up with a new gun means sighting-in at four distances -- 40, 60, 77, and 110 yards. Thus we encourage new shooters to be sight-in briskly.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Ummm, that was quite the challenge. . .I hit 5 :D

I came into this one completely cold. Next time I will come with a sighted in rifle and know all my holds. :cool: Now to stand with my rifle and stare at the wall for an hour. :lol2:

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Ummm, that was quite the challenge. . .I hit 5 :D

I came into this one completely cold. Next time I will come with a sighted in rifle and know all my holds. :cool: Now to stand with my rifle and stare at the wall for an hour. :lol2:

5 is quite good for a first RF-Sil match. Especially in today's environmental conditions.:thumbsup:

5 is excellent (amazing) for a rifle that is not well sighted-in for the various target-distances.:bowdown:

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    5 is quite good for a first RF-Sil match. Especially in today's environmental conditions.:thumbsup:

5 is excellent (amazing) for a rifle that is not well sighted-in for the various target-distances.:bowdown:

I say the last 5 rams at 100 yards (last string I shot) didnt count bec it was raining so hard they looked like little black blobs I thought my glasses were fogged up, but they werent lol and my mid grade scope was struggling with the lack of light, at least thats my excuse :innocent0.

Viper-Snipe

May 13, 2012
    I had planned on being there for this shoot, but woke up Friday with either the cold or flu and thought better of being out in the weather. Nuts!!!!!

Just wait till next one......

V-S

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Report for 18 January

Saturday's match was awful weather for this type of match. Freezing-cold with a bad wind-chill was bad-enough. But nearly continuous 10-15 kt gusts made hitting anything (especially Turkeys and Rams) very difficult.

Nevertheless, the few stalwarts who did show-up did relatively well, with the youngest shooter taking the match and winning a Henry prize-gun (for transfer to his Dad) to boot.

Photo shows match-winner Jeff Moe and Match-Director Jim Drasgow.

Attachments

• RF Sil Match Rpt - 18JAN2014.JPG
      RF Sil Match Rpt - 18JAN2014.JPG
      72.1 KB · Views: 78
    • 18 JAN Match-Winner Jeffrey Moe with his Dad's new Henry Rifle, Match Director Jim Drasgow (2).jpg
      18 JAN Match-Winner Jeffrey Moe with his Dad's new Henry Rifle, Match Director Jim Drasgow (2).jpg
      95.6 KB · Views: 84

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    Thanks for the report, John. Glad we made it out there in the conditions! Hopefully this match gets more and more participants as the weather improves....

Jeffrey and I picked up the rifle the other day and hustled over to the range. He's heading out for squirrel after school today....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom