• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlugCaster

Nov 14, 2016
    Myrtle Grove will be closed from April 22 to August 20.this is all summer we will not have a place to shoot. This was just closed a few years ago for several months supposed to be for repairs. But when done the place looked about the same with s few new boards put up. Now they are doing the same thing saying same thing but now during the time when it is used the most. It doesn't take 5 months to do the little work that needs to be done. They could build an entire new range in less time.

I am thinking something more is going on like maybe they trying to shut it down completely.

We all need to complain to them and at least make them wait until November to do the majority of the repairs. They can close down for a few days and make emergency repairs if things are not safe but not the entire summer and still not have much if anything new.

They don't care about you. They just want your money.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Went by there today (probably for the last time until it re-opens) doesnt look like anything was done since the last time except paint a yellow line on the concrete and thats about it. Didnt bother taking any pictures.

Dont think they are going to do anything about the archery stuff or the shotgun range (at least I cant see anything from the distance at the shotgun range)

12 days till opening.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Went by there today (probably for the last time until it re-opens) doesnt look like anything was done since the last time except paint a yellow line on the concrete and thats about it. Didnt bother taking any pictures.

Dont think they are going to do anything about the archery stuff or the shotgun range (at least I cant see anything from the distance at the shotgun range)

12 days till opening.
    O am willing to bet that it won't open back up on time

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I was (I dont know why really) scared to walk around up top there, there are or at least were cameras everywhere. (trail cams, some obvious and some hard to spot)

They seemed to work in spurts, they could have easily finished in a month from what I watched happen over the last almost 4 months. (I went by almost weekly whenever I had work down that way, and there would be 3 weeks of seemingly no progress then the next week there was some stuff done)

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I was (I dont know why really) scared to walk around up top there, there are or at least were cameras everywhere. (trail cams, some obvious and some hard to spot)

They seemed to work in spurts, they could have easily finished in a month from what I watched happen over the last almost 4 months. (I went by almost weekly whenever I had work down that way, and there would be 3 weeks of seemingly no progress then the next week there was some stuff done)
    This is part of the problem most of us have with them closing down this long. We all know they could build an entire new range in less time they closed for repairs. The timing is the other thing closing it down during peak use .
    Dnr really should honor the permit bought for 4 additional months since they chose to close it down with no input from the people that use it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    This is the place where asshats go to cut steel beams with rifle rounds. Asshat will just take a bolt cutter to get the number of stools he deserves.

Yep

I bid that job just because the done asked me to.

If those same asshats didn’t shoot the place to pieces they wouldn’t have to close for repairs

There’s no way even the worst shooters can shoot those baffles to pieces like that

I wouldn’t blame the state if they closed the place down because of all the unsafe bs that obviously goes on there before someone gets really hurt

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    What's with the roof structure located ahead of the firing line? Seems odd to do it like that, especially since we've all been pining for roof over the benches for years.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    What's with the roof structure located ahead of the firing line? Seems odd to do it like that, especially since we've all been pining for roof over the benches for years.

Most likely to "force" you to keep your muzzles down is my guess.

Wish they would have made a roof over the firing line and kept the tables the same size at least (they shrunk them down and only one seat per table, so if there is you and a guest better bring a folding chair/etc for them)
    More room behind the firing line is nice, but the small tables are going to mean a lot of rifle cases and such scattered around on the ground and less seating is going to mean more cluttered around tables especially for anyone there with another person. I am usually there with a friend or family member and we spot for each other sometimes, gonna be more difficult now with the fences blocking the other table from seeing down your lane so easily. (we spread out to 2 adjacent tables if there is room and no ones waiting.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom