• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Quick Question about Continental Arms Range. Does anyone know what calibers are allowed? Are shotguns allowed? Are Rifles allowed? If so are there any restrictions? I checked their website and i can't find any information or range rules.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    Only pistol calibers. They consider 223 "high power". I'm not sure about shottys.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    They will let you shoot a shotgun there. Not sure about any ammo requirements, though.

Rhoppe

May 13, 2017
    Maryland
    Also, they don't allow steel cased ammo. They run a magnet over your ammo to check. Aluminum case is ok or at least I have not seen anyone get kicked out for using it there.

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Also, they don't allow steel cased ammo. They run a magnet over your ammo to check. Aluminum case is ok or at least I have not seen anyone get kicked out for using it there.

Aluminum case is OK. I use it there all the time and they have no issues with it. Side note...folks behind the counter told me the owner is considering expanding to rifle rounds (didn't ask how large they'd go). Wouldn't happen until Fall if the owner decided to go that route though.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Aluminum case is OK. I use it there all the time and they have no issues with it. Side note...folks behind the counter told me the owner is considering expanding to rifle rounds (didn't ask how large they'd go). Wouldn't happen until Fall if the owner decided to go that route though.

I need to lobby for this next time I'm there.

gooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I need to lobby for this next time I'm there.

If anyone's interested in an update I was at Continental today it sounds like they will be upgrading the range to accept up to .308. They're still projecting this happening sometime in the Fall.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    If anyone's interested in an update I was at Continental today it sounds like they will be upgrading the range to accept up to .308. They're still projecting this happening sometime in the Fall.

Funny because I was there last weekend and heard the exact opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom