• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Just got this email from MOM looks like he is trying to split the hunters...

The wording is sickening and pandering..

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.

Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.

I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.

Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.

This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.

Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.

Sincerely,

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Just got this email from MOM looks like he is trying to split the hunters...

The wording is sickening and pandering..

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day, which takes place this Saturday, February 9. Junior Hunting Days provide wonderful opportunities for young hunters and their adult mentors to get outside and enjoy the proud tradition of hunting in Maryland.

Hunting is a part of our history and is woven into the fabric of our State’s culture. We appreciate everything you and all other conservation-minded hunters do for Maryland.

I also want to take this opportunity to address you directly about the proposal we recently introduced to reduce gun violence. Our goal is to enact common sense proposals to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, and to try to reduce the risk of a mass shooting like the one that occurred in Newtown.

Let me be clear: We are committed to protecting hunters and their traditions. That's why we specifically carved out shotguns and rifles from the licensing requirements of our bill.

This bill will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience.

Good luck on Saturday and I look forward to hearing your stories from the field.

Sincerely,

clueless i swear! :mad54:

squirrelly1

Sep 10, 2012
    Got it too. He just doesn't get it that hunters and rec shooters both enjoy firearms. That this bill attacks law-abiding citizens and doesn't address the issue. Doesn't do anything about providing treatment for those with mental illness or actually enforcing existing laws. I could go on...

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Ya have to admit, the Gov. is good. We really can't afford to under-estimate how slick these pols are. Sure, we don't agree at all with him but we really need to be careful how we talk to antis.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm not sure how a blanket ban on ammunition possession by anyone under the age of 21 " will NOT impact your ability to introduce a young hunter to the sport and the conservation stewardship ethic borne of that experience." :rolleyes:

But take heart fellas. I'm not so sure their divide and conquer strategy is going to help them succeed this time. When the boycott against the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show began the hunting groups were right there in it with everybody else. I think most people have got the antis' game figured out this time.

ReticulateLemur

Oct 29, 2012
    What happens if you tell him that you enjoy hunting with your 20-round (curse you, MD magazine limits) AR-15? Does his brain explode from the cognitive dissonance?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Email From Gov. O'Malley

This was in my email a little while ago, note the dnr address. Is he is going to use the dnr to drive a wedge among the state's firearms owners?

JUNIOR WATERFOWL HUNTING DAY AND PROTECTING TRADITIONS‏
    Governor Martin O'Malley
    governor@dnr.state.md.us

February 7, 2013

Dear Friend,

Sincerely,
    Martin O’Malley
    Governor

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    The only times that I have had an email from the governor's office was in reply to messages sent there.

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Too bad this isn't time stamped. I bet he sent this right after he looked into Lawyers Mill and saw all of us standing there.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Yes I got this as well and I hit reply and said: You idiot! The 2nd Ammendment has nothing to do with hunting. Yes I'm a hunter but I'm a defender of my home as well. Do not think this email detracts from the fact your administration is attempting to appease the POTUS by wreaking the 2nd Ammendment. I Vote!

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Agreed. My step father who is an avid hunter and never previously cared sent *me* an email telling me to join MSI earlier this week (after I told him to join 2 years ago!)

He was previously of the "why do you need more than 10 rounds? why do you need an AR15?" camp. Now he's on our side.

There are many like him out there now.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    What happens if you tell him that you enjoy hunting with your 20-round (curse you, MD magazine limits) AR-15? Does his brain explode from the cognitive dissonance?

What is a 20 round magazine? I thought guns only took high capacity, multi bullet clips. Does the clip hold multiple bullets?

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    "
    Dear Friend,

I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources' latest Junior Waterfowl Hunting Day......
    "

I forwarded it to his office with the words "you're NOT my friend"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom