• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/08/samuel-l-jackson-carries-gun-against-gun-control

Speaking to the Times, Jackson said he had continued carrying a gun after becoming a successful actor. “I am not an unarmed citizen now,” he said.

But in the latest intervention, he recalled how he grew up in an armed and segregated area of Tennessee. He said following the assassination of President John F Kennedy in 1963, guns gave his neighbours a sense of security amid fears of white supremacists.

“In my black community, everybody was loading their guns because we were just sure that, OK, they killed Kennedy, the Klan is coming for us,” he said.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    First and foremost, the right to bear arms is the ultimate wall against government tyranny!!!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Yeah, because the Klan is and was killing all the black guys in this country. What a joke. Blame the evil white man.

Crazy paranoid fears ran wild back then, perhwps still do.

I've heard several stories from different people about crazy fears that hordes of black people were going to attack white neighborhoods during tense moments, such as 1968 and 2015.

I've never heard of black mobs attacking white neighborhoods, but there have been quite a few incidents of white mobs attacking black neighborhoods (Battle of Tulsa, e.g.), so this guy wasn't being so unreasonably paranoid.

The Second Amendment protects black citizens, too. I've heard a few other stories like that. More people should hear them.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Yeah, because the Klan is and was killing all the black guys in this country. What a joke. Blame the evil white man.

Thats what you got out of this? Really?

Also, it kind of sounds like you're defending the Klan, btw.

An actor like Sam Jackson, a respected role model in the black community, in support of 2A will swing the opinion of black voters faster than any politician. This is a good thing.

uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD

Wow. You never heard of the Klan killing black people? How old are you? My great grandparents and grandparents told us of stories growing up in VA where they could not go into town after sun down.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wow. You never heard of the Klan killing black people? How old are you? My great grandparents and grandparents told us of stories growing up in VA where they could not go into town after sun down.

Was that a horrible thing? - Absolutely it was and they were without a doubt scumbags. However, the number of people the Klan actually killed is way less than the number of black folks killed by other black folks every year in pretty much any major city. In my opinion, that's an even greater tragedy.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The point is, there are examples of many black people defending their families and communities with firearms during the bad old Jim Crow days.

One example, black veterans came home to a rural North Carolina town after World War One to find some pretty serious racial tension. One veteran had the clever idea to form a Rifle Club, and contacted the NRA for help. The NRA sent lots of information and guidance on how to set up target ranges, and conduct marksmanship training programs, and the black veterans soon were organized into an NRA affiliated club. They began having weekly target matches, and the result was peace and mutual respect throughout the region, because

An armed society is a polite society.

Anyway, I think that was the original idea of this thread. The Bill of Rights is for everybody, and when we all respect and defend the rights of all Americans, then we truly are one nation, under God.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Anyway, I think that was the original idea of this thread. The Bill of Rights is for everybody, and when we all respect and defend the rights of all Americans, then we truly are one nation, under God.

The original idea of this thread was ... well, that matters only about 3% of the time anyway. But it was mainly that it's rare to see a Hollywood star stand up for the 2nd amendment so we need to call it out.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The original idea of this thread was ... well, that matters only about 3% of the time anyway. But it was mainly that it's rare to see a Hollywood star stand up for the 2nd amendment so we need to call it out.

Fair enough, but his support for the 2nd. amendment emphasizes the importance of firearms ownership for black Americans, and thus for the protection of the downtrodden and the weak everywhere.

That is a huge thing when we are too often seen as a bunch of deplorable old white guys. The 2nd is a fundamental civil right, and it protects all civil rights for everybody.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County

So? Trump is racist. When people say otherwise it just makes them look silly. Sorry.

Getting sued by the Justice department in 1973 for violation of the fair housing act is literally the people of the United States calling him a racist.

How about this quote from the 1990s:. "I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. . . . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.” -Donald Trump.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-racist-meme/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom