• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giddyup

Sep 18, 2020
    Over the weekend, a parent of someone in my circle was viciously attacked in their business.

Here is the video of the incident:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNuldiDmecQ

Luckily, both survived and the suspect has been arrested. Don't know too much other details yet. Local news doesn't seem very interested.

This is one of the prime reasons I support 2A. I believe firearms are one of the few tools we have to protect our life+liberty when we are out-muscled. These two middle aged women could not overcome a single man. The only other person in the store left as someone's head was being bashed. These women were very lucky that they were not killed.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but here's a GoFundMe for the victims. If it's not allowed, happy to delete.
    https://gofund.me/bb031dd4

*Updated - news coverage: https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2021...ttack-of-two-women-at-baltimore-liquor-store/

Last edited:

Giddyup

Sep 18, 2020
    Where did this occur?

I believe Baltimore (or DC). Still lots of immigrant families going after the American Dream. They put their life savings into businesses in neighborhoods that no one else would invest their time/money in. Unfortunately, they seem to be increasingly targeted.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I hope they catch that piece of shit, and he resists. A lot. That coward that left the store is a piece of shit too. I hope they both fully recover.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Those two ladies have guts of iron. They really need to have some other self-defense options.
    Related to the home invasion thread, not sure if either lady could have gotten a gun from behind the counter when the attack starts and adrenaline starts flowing.

Giddyup

Sep 18, 2020
    Those two ladies have guts of iron. They really need to have some other self-defense options.
    Related to the home invasion thread, not sure if either lady could have gotten a gun from behind the counter when the attack starts and adrenaline starts flowing.

I know a lot of similar business owners have a little sumthing behind the counter/glass. It looks like the suspect was waiting for her to try and close up shop and then tried to bring her into the store and possibly lock them in.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I can not imagine just walking away like the first guy did. These two females had a lot of fight in them which likely led to them living. Rolling up in a ball is not an option.

I'm sure the community will step up and help these two, but what an unnecessary expense of resources all around. Sad.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Luckily, both survived and the suspect has been arrested. Don't know too much other details yet. Local news doesn't seem very interested.
    My thought about why local news isn't pushing the story is because it doesn't fit the narrative as to who is attacking and who is getting attacked.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    When I first clicked on the Gofundme I could see the goal amount and the background info. It almost immediately refreshed, goal changed to $0, text disappeared and now says not accepting donations.

Very strange.

Never mind. Browser apparently doesn't like GFM. Works in Chrome.

The guy walking out seemed unsteady. Medical condition, age, or intoxication perhaps? Might explain why he didn't intervene.

The perp seemed to be wearing an apron. Perhaps a local shopkeeper/competitor with a grudge?

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    It would be a shame if they did movie nights at the jail where they showed YouTube videos starring the prisoners. I would bet that video might lead to some hurt feelings( or hurt faces).

OP I hope your friends family members have a speedy recovery.

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    those are some tough strong women. The fact they resisted will discourage the creature with the cinderblock from trying more robberies. I only wish men in Maryland would offer some resistance as our 2A rights are being stolen from us. I wonder if MSP would agree these women have evidence of "good and substantial" now. But I guess most marylanders are like the other creature who just ignores women being beaten and leaves the store. We owe these ladies our thanks for discouraging crime, and setting an example.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Keeping a baseball bat handy is always a good idea....
    Not sure if a firearm would have worked in this instance since the first lady was surprised and most likely the assailant would have taken it away from her...
    Glad the animal was cough, and for ladies sake hope he is not covid or rabies positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom