• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Engrave another serial number? These people are nuts. I predict a lot of non compliance.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    May have to invest in companies that manufacture PVC pipe

ETA: not condoning anyone do anything illegal

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If I were subject to that I would be tempted to have a 300 character serial number engraved on mine just to make someone spend all day trying to figure out a way around the data entry problem.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Engrave another serial number? These people are nuts. I predict a lot of non compliance.

Not to mention that in order to engrave a new serial number 2 things must happen.

1. It MUST be an FFL07
    2. One needs a (letter of variance IIRC) from the BATFE in order to restrike or re engrave a serial number.

I personally would hope the law passes (hold your keyboards) is challenged and BATFE says that it can't be enforced or is overly onerous. Then issues an opinion affirming the rights of the citizens to own AW's.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I would completely disregard that language because they talked about it before it actually went through. Clearly an attempt to stymie the rights of those who would normally not have access to 3/16 barrel stamps. Because in my family, we all enjoy borrowing them from each other. I think the authorities responsible for the language are the ones that should also have to take pictures from the muzzle looking back towards the end of the butt-stock. What a freaking disgusting bunch of hippies they must have out there.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I may be mistaken, but I think you had to be in the state before various dates as well. Meaning anyone who moves there is not able to bring most AR type rifles into the state legally.

If I were subject to that I would be tempted to have a 300 character serial number engraved on mine just to make someone spend all day trying to figure out a way around the data entry problem.

I think it said the state DoJ provides the s/n.

Makes me want to move to Commiefornia just so I violate their unconstitutional infringements.
    "Unconstitutional laws are not laws at all."

I agree with you but I don't have Bloomberg or Buffet size bank accounts. If you don't either you'll be spending 10 years there as a ward of the commie state. God, I pray someone will rein in that state and MD too.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Glad I live in a somewhat free state because in more backward states like Commiefornia it would be illegal for me to own half of my collection.
    I guess if Maryland gets much dumber I would have to move to Colorado like Dragonman.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    And yet, requiring a voter to provide id violates the constitution.... wtf?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017

This right here is hilarious. My high school teacher taught us that the best way to make a point to the teacher is to act good and do everything to the point where you can call out the teacher for not being an effective teacher.

His idea of protesting in this manner is akin to this. Do everything right and then when the law makers see that they cannot handle their own case load, we call them out on ineffective propositions.

Then we can start to criticize that they need to hurry up by consistently and constantly calling to get things done.

But this only works when everyone works in solidarity together.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Except the state assigns you the new serial number to engrave.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    coming to Maryland soon. I predict the same language that started out in SB281 will be revived.

""If you’re like most families, you probably share your firearms amongst yourselves. If that’s the case, each family member who will be shooting the firearm must be registered as well. One person who have to be identified as the “primary registrant,” while others must register as “joint registrants.” To be a “joint registrant” you must live at the same address as the primary registrant. Everyone who is registered must be 19 by December 31, 2017.
    • Only direct family members (parent to child, child to parent, spouses) are allowed to be joint registrants.
    • Joint registrants have to provide proof of address showing they live with the primary registrant.""

"I will not comply. "

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom