• inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    That looks like a .357 SIG round.

c9af3aebb860576ba19ee72996af18c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing.

Edit: this picture is from Zorros, who had feed problems with an.357 Sig.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    I noticed that the slide does this after I’ve depressed the trigger and half racked the slide to reset the trigger. Could this be the problem ?

Attachments

• EDA59E2D-D0B1-448F-A599-E59E2CE4DE88.jpg
      EDA59E2D-D0B1-448F-A599-E59E2CE4DE88.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 163

Naptown52

Dec 16, 2013
    Maybe its just the reflection, but the jacket on that round looks like something other than brass. The only failures that Ive ever had with my 17 is when I tried to use cheap steel cased ammo, but that was a FTF issue, not a FTE.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Naptown, if your post references the photo of the jam i posted, that is a speer gold dot stuck aganst the feed ramp. It is not steel.

Are you running a weapons light on it. There was a problem for a while with Gen 3 glocks having FTF issues when running a weapon mounted light on it. My old PD ran into it with a bunch of our guns (we ran Glock 22 and 35s though). Just a thought.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The top of the barrel should be level with the slide when closed. Be doubly sure the recoil spring is properly installed.

If it is all in order, take it to a reputable shop.

I have a 34 that’s the same generation and made in 2005. Every failure I’ve had can be counted on one hand and was attributable to either ammo or technique.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I noticed that the slide does this after I’ve depressed the trigger and half racked the slide to reset the trigger. Could this be the problem ?

Has this been happening from day 1?

(side note: this thread started about the time I was able to pick up my brand new G34. I've been watching it intently :ohnoes: before finally getting mine to the range today. Not that it helps the OP, but mine did fine :whew: :o)

I cannot duplicate the situation in your picture. If I let the slide forward very slowly, it pauses in that condition, but there is no way it will stay.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    This is purely anecdotal, but I have a buddy with a gen 3 Glock 34 and he said he always had feeding issues unless he used 124 grain or higher, regardless of using JHP or ball ammo.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    That's just weird. The round in your picture does look necked down. Maybe its just the light? I have a gen 3 g34 I just bought 3 months ago and it feeds 115 and 147 grn fine. Got some 124grn I plan to test in it this weekend. Hope you figure it out soon cause they are sweet guns. That long barrel and site radius even makes me look like a good shot

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    We have two jamming glocks being discussed in this thread....one is 9mm, the other is 357, hence the necked down cartridge confusion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom