Any Other Thurmont Range (TCSC) Members Here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just curious how many other people here are members of the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC).

I just joined back in November. I really like the facility and the other members I've met so far. Ironically, since I joined I haven't gotten a free day to go up and shoot yet though.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Just curious how many other people here are members of the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC).

I just joined back in November. I really like the facility and the other members I've met so far. Ironically, since I joined I haven't gotten a free day to go up and shoot yet though.

Member, also teach there, never seem to get time to shoot though :sad20:

Shoot me a PM if you want.

BigO

gotta practice more
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 15, 2012
    Back in Carroll Co.
    I want to join but haven't been able to get the process started. Heck haven't renewed AGC and Monumental memberships yet this year.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    Anyone want to bring a guest one weekend? I've got a Run N Gun match coming up in March and will have to shoot my AR at 300 yards, but I've never had an opportunity to shoot it more than 100. I'm trustworthy, reliable, an experienced and safe shooter, licensed EMT, etc.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glad to see there's some more on here. We should try to plan some kind of MDS meet up/range day there sometime soon.

I'd bring a guest, but according to what I saw in the club rules, new members can't bring guests during their first year of membership.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    If I read it right....$270 annual dues and $30 if you can't work the 8 hours?

Hmmmm...would like to check it out before I would join. Assuming you have to be sponsored?

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Anyone want to bring a guest one weekend? I've got a Run N Gun match coming up in March and will have to shoot my AR at 300 yards, but I've never had an opportunity to shoot it more than 100. I'm trustworthy, reliable, an experienced and safe shooter, licensed EMT, etc.

That can probably happen.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    If I read it right....$270 annual dues and $30 if you can't work the 8 hours?

Hmmmm...would like to check it out before I would join. Assuming you have to be sponsored?

You should definitely check it out. It's a great place. Yup, $270 per year plus $30 if you don't work the required 8 work hours. There's also an initiation fee and a safety test that has to be passed before you're allowed to shoot once you first join. You do have to be sponsored as well. Luckily, I had a good friend who happened to be a member and brought me aboard.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    You should definitely check it out. It's a great place. Yup, $270 per year plus $30 if you don't work the required 8 work hours. There's also an initiation fee and a safety test that has to be passed before you're allowed to shoot once you first join. You do have to be sponsored as well. Luckily, I had a good friend who happened to be a member and brought me aboard.

If you volunteer you can easily drive that down to around $100. There are tons of opportunities to put in work hours.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

I'm currently a member of a range in Myersville which is closer than Thurmont, however the disadvantage is the rifle range only goes out to 100 yards. Would love to be able to load test out to 300 yards.

Are you allowed to shoot paper out to 300?

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    There is a berm for paper, as well as a steel gong at the 300 yd mark.

I am a member as stated, but am also on the IDPA committee there, we have matches every Tuesday just about and once a month on the weekend. There are also IPSC, 3-gun, mil surp (mosin), swiss rifle, and SASS matches... the whole gammit just about.

You can volunteer to help out with various activities to get your due down, there is also a pool and a campground, as well as a ramp access to the Monocacy river, for fishing, floats, waterfowl hunting.

My knucklehead is now into tournament season with his hockey, but if it can be coordinated, for a meet up there I can "cover" an invitee...

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    There is a berm for paper, as well as a steel gong at the 300 yd mark.

I am a member as stated, but am also on the IDPA committee there, we have matches every Tuesday just about and once a month on the weekend. There are also IPSC, 3-gun, mil surp (mosin), swiss rifle, and SASS matches... the whole gammit just about.

You can volunteer to help out with various activities to get your due down, there is also a pool and a campground, as well as a ramp access to the Monocacy river, for fishing, floats, waterfowl hunting.

My knucklehead is now into tournament season with his hockey, but if it can be coordinated, for a meet up there I can "cover" an invitee...

I am a TCSC member and the rifle range chairman.
    There is no gong at the 300 yard berm.
    NOTE: No steel allowed on the rifle range without Board of Directors approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom