• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I prefer Arsenal Bulgarians, but am open. I don’t want a pistol. It’s not a “have to have”, it’s a “nice to have”. Thanks.

Im not too sure if there are compliant versions anymore, so pardon my ignorance if they are banned in that caliber.

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    There are no legal AK-47 rifles chambered in 7.62x39. The best you can do is a 5.56 or 5.45 AK rifle. For an Arsenal, look for a SLR104, SLR105, and SLR106.

Thanks. That’s what I thought but I’m about to hit 50 and my memory sucks. I remember selling my Arsenal Bulgarian 7.62x39 before moving here from WI, but wasn’t sure if it was for compliance issues.

I guess the Galil in 7.62x39 is the closest I can get.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Thanks. That’s what I thought but I’m about to hit 50 and my memory sucks. I remember selling my Arsenal Bulgarian 7.62x39 before moving here from WI, but wasn’t sure if it was for compliance issues.

I guess the Galil in 7.62x39 is the closest I can get.

Pretty sure the Galil is banned by name. You can get a pistol variant!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Ugh! I thought the Galil ACE was GTG. I’m fcked! Thanks, guys. Pardon my ignorance. I’m dain bramaged since my divorce started.

It looks like the ACE version is legal. But no flash hider. Check out Atlantic arms. They have all the MD compliant fun guns.

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I guess I can do without commie Guns. Because of my pending divorce, I painfully sold two ARs (DDM4 V1 and a DD v7 Pro). Grrr! I’m just looking for an interesting rifle.

viiper

Re-Member
    Dec 3, 2008
    Carroll County
    It's a long shot.... but maybe date a chick with an AK? :)

Good luck with all your hunts, MD is a goofy state. Maybe if you get an AK pistol, then Form 1 SBR it, you'll be pretty close to what you were looking for.

Sirex