• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Despite my generally taking an opposite view, the Devil's Advocate reply to the OP's quiry is obvious :

By the time ( critical mass of bad s@!#) happens , it will be too late to escape . Your strategic exfiltration has to happen Before, or not at all .

+1
    If you don't leave before the rush you will be a "refugee" and you will be treated like a "refugee". Actually you will be an internally displaced person (IDP) because you don't meet the legal definition of refugee but the mental image of "refugee" is what it will be like.:sad20:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Legally, probably too late now. I don’t think Hogan’s shelter in place order allows transit between residences as an exception. Maybe you can claim you are headed to WV for exercise?

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    I am already in wild and wonderful WV, in Upshur County a little ways from Buckhannon squatting on some dude's 50 acres. :)

good. Let me know when It stops raining!

Gotta stop in at Martin oil to get 500 gal of Diesel delivered.

Might have to sneak in and out during the middle of the night to cross the border.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Gotta stop in at Martin oil to get 500 gal of Diesel delivered.
    Speaking of diesel, the local fuel seller near me is at $1.90/gal for ag/off-road (AKA red-dyed) diesel/home heating oil. I made a few trips with a 130 gallon tank in the truck bed and filled the house tank, the garage tank, then filled a few 55 gallon barrels just because I had 'em. I thought I was getting a scorching deal three weeks ago when it was $2.47/gal.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Speaking of diesel, the local fuel seller near me is at $1.90/gal for ag/off-road (AKA red-dyed) diesel/home heating oil. I made a few trips with a 130 gallon tank in the truck bed and filled the house tank, the garage tank, then filled a few 55 gallon barrels just because I had 'em. I thought I was getting a scorching deal three weeks ago when it was $2.47/gal.

Wait a couple more weeks. Futures are predicting oil goes below $10 a barrel.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    A perfect storm for oil industry.

Glut of crude on the market with OPEC and Russia battling.

Lack of demand with airlines cutting many flights, and people not driving as much.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    You mean they will pay me for taking it?

Likely they will soon have to. There's no place to store it all.

ETA: it's costing them money to store the stuff. Right now it's becoming cheaper to pay you to haul it away than to pay for storage. Retail level consumers won't see this however. It's just at the crude level.

Last edited:

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    If I had a place to go in Berkeley or Jefferson County West Virginia I would be there. But tragically I am just here in MD.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Nice. I just got a delivery for my tank. 204 gallons at 2.24 a gallon. Last delivery was December and it was $2.89 a gallon.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Nice. I just got a delivery for my tank. 204 gallons at 2.24 a gallon. Last delivery was December and it was $2.89 a gallon.

The home heating oil companies are emptying their tanks in anticipation of refilling them with much cheaper oil in the future.

TimothyOnline

Mar 2, 2020
    Arlington, VA
    If you have the time available to do it, why not? I am on 50 acres up in pretty secluded NE PA. I feel MUCH better not being around any city centers for awhile. I'm going on 2 weeks without being anywhere near another human, other than the mailman dropping a package on the porch. IT's at this point where I would have to turn any family or friends away to come up because I cannot vouch for their prophylaxis towards this whole thing. I am in my little amniotic sac and not coming out until pretty safe to do so.

This could also act as a practice run. Chance to use your utilities or whatever you have.

I'll second this suggestion. Even if you know (or think you know) you don't need it right now, do a practice run, anyway. If there's a weakness in your plan that you don't know about yet, it's going to be better to discover it now than when it *really* counts later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom