• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    As someone said earlier, it is the roll that makes the sandwich. No Amoroso bakeries here in MD. A lot of people say they are so good due to something in the water, sorta like bagels in NYC.
    (snip)
    On a side note, putting Whiz on a cheesesteak breaks my heart. I know thats the way tourist traps like Pat's and Geno's do it, but its not nearly as good as some American or Provolone.

Since we have expanded the range.....

http://www.southstreetsteaks.com/index.html

Used to be in college park, now two other locations. They used to have their bread brought in from Amoroso's. I'm not sure if they still do. It's been a while since I was down there. Awesome cheesesteaks.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Had to re-find this thread.....
    Uncle Matty's Eatery in New Windsor, just opened a month or so ago.
    A real ribeye thrown on the grill and chopped into big tender chunks, awesome roll, you pick the cheese........ bad ass cheesesteak... my new favorite.
    Had cheesesteaks there, bacon and crab penne, bacon wrapped hotdogs.... all great food !
    A+++

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    uhhh.....belisiho's is the worst cheese steak in carroll county, but free pool until 4 and happy hour all day is cool. The one i got looked like lunch meat! I would have to say the liberty bell in philly. Only time I wanted a second one. Captain harvey's is closing.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Try Duesenberg's in Catonsville. They have cheesesteak on the menu from time to time.

I have heard Scittino's has a good selection of subs but never had anything but their pasta entrees.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Outside of Andrews main gate was a joint called "Jiffy's" Greek owned and greasy as hell BUT they were delicious. Been 25 years so I have no idea if they still exist or not. :thumbsup:

WarVet762

Dec 14, 2011
    VA
    If anyone is ever in the Elkridge area around where 175 and 108 meet, there is Waterloo Pizza and Subs which makes the best damn cheesesteak in the world. Their seasoned fries are awesome as well. Also, I admittedly haven't read the entire thread, but Maria D's on Light St. in Baltimore makes a very decent one as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Giolitti's in Annapolis has a new cheesesteak sandwich.
    $10 but very, very good.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    OK, not near Westminster, but right around the corner from Scott's in Glen Burnie... Roy's Kwik Korner....love their cheesesteaks..when I can get past the baseball crab cakes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom