What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I have LOTS of .38 Special brass if you need any. (Offer is to Guzma393 as thanks for multiple good barters)

Thanks for the offer, but I got a good amount of 38 spl brass at the moment to keep up with my casts and primer supply. I'll be sure to save you those 10mm/6.5 swede/grendel cases i come across and bring them your way next time we meet.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Shot 60 rounds of .500 S&W magnum yesterday. Just finished up tumbling brass and in the process of resizing and punching out primers.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Spent some time gauging the 5.56 rounds I had made. Five rejects out of about five hundred, not too bad.

Why did you reject them? Just wondering if it was the same thing that was causing you to pull them. I've improved my process over the years, but it bugs me when my loads don't pass plunk tests or round checker. The biggest PIAs I have for rejects are 9mm cast loads.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why did you reject them? Just wondering if it was the same thing that was causing you to pull them. I've improved my process over the years, but it bugs me when my loads don't pass plunk tests or round checker. The biggest PIAs I have for rejects are 9mm cast loads.
    Didn't go into the gauge all the way. Jury's out on whether I'll bother to pull them, they're in the "ammo ****ups" bag atm.

Now, I had a separate thing where I had a much higher percentage of 300AAC subs fail a gauge, but I feel fairly confident that was an issue with me not doing neck expansion first. Thankfully, that was a small test batch, so not too much of a loss.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    In the last 24 hours I loaded 200 rounds of .45 ACP, 20 rounds of 7.62x54R in 4 different charges for a grouping test on my M-44, and prepped all of my brass from the last range trip.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Took a break from my prepped bag of 357sig, and primered up the 40 458socom brass that's been accumulating from range trips. Just ordered
    500 350gr boolits from Berrys to allow me to keep shooting during the scamdemic..

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Broke my .223 full length carbide resizing die. Well I bent the center rod with the carbide resizing ball and decapper... of course Covid means there are none around. Will call Dillion tomorrow to see if they have them.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I've got a Hornady Lock-n-Load single-stage press, with an Automatic Primer Feed:

zpT620X.jpg

Over the last couple years, I've gotten the adjustment drill down to reliably feed primers. But recently, I've been having feeding problems -- either not feeding at all, or dumping a bunch of primers -- into the Lowe's bucket underneath, or all over the floor.

Today I decided to take the tube and the priming cup apart and clean them out with carburetor cleaner. Still problems. So I took the screw off the Primer Feed block and removed the tiny stop spring. Examining the spring slot, I saw a speck of grit stuck there. Cleaned it out with carb cleaner; dried everything; and the feeder works great again. Yay!

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Broke my .223 full length carbide resizing die. Well I bent the center rod with the carbide resizing ball and decapper... of course Covid means there are none around. Will call Dillion tomorrow to see if they have them.

I had the same issue. Couldn’t find any design dies anywhere for my Dillon. Ended up using a Lee full size resizing dies and put the locking screw from underneath.. hope it helps...

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I'm laid up on the couch, about 3 weeks post hip surgury. But I can't let time not be used so ive been sorting some random boxes of brass and sending messages out trying to trade for 6.5 grendel brass.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Resized a few hundred 300 AAC cases, and trimmed maybe 100 of them. Basically just prepping cases until my short charge die comes in.

ETA: also cleaned a few hundred 223 cases. Really need to invest in a proper progressive setup.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom