• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Having multiple options is having a good plan. Keeping all your eggs in one basket is poor planning, especially in today's environ. BATF, riots, fire, lightning, floods (inside going out, or outside coming in), theft, swating, protective orders, etc.

There are too many "gotchas" to name.

It doesn't need to be a $500 gun, just one that works. From there, you have many options, whether looking at survival, or just flat out payback or revenge.

OP, PM me and I might be able to provide some help if your interested in geo caching some insurance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    My "eggs" are in multiple locations... I just diversified some more today. Uncle Sugar is going to have to work very hard to disarm me... and it will probably have to involve one of those Men in Black memory wipers... but I guess a bullet to the back of my skull would probably work just as well.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    All I know about caching I learned from John Wick.

Attachments

• sledgehammer-time-john-wick-1596117238.jpg
      sledgehammer-time-john-wick-1596117238.jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 295

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    My "eggs" are in multiple locations... I just diversified some more today. Uncle Sugar is going to have to work very hard to disarm me... and it will probably have to involve one of those Men in Black memory wipers... but I guess a bullet to the back of my skull would probably work just as well.

Don't forget to throw metal shavings or grinding dust all over your properties.;)

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    A buried gun is awfully hard to use if you are trapped in your house. However, it only takes a moderate hammer strike to break thru a piece of 1/4 or 1/2 inch drywall. And you don't have to worry so much about rust.

I read a poorly written book that was penned in the '70s that described how easy it was to find firearms into walls.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Unless you bought them face to face, inherited them or built them from 80 percent the government knows what you have. Stashing them will not stop them from putting you in jail when they demand you produce them.

Assuming you don't live in a commie state,

"I sold all my guns years ago" FTF sales not through an FFL are legal in most states. You have no obligation to record who you sold it too.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Assuming you don't live in a commie state,

"I sold all my guns years ago" FTF sales not through an FFL are legal in most states. You have no obligation to record who you sold it too.

So you are only on the hook, in MD, for handguns purchased after 30 Sept 1996 and long guns from March 2021.

Unless you spent time on active duty or as a full time student out of state.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm 70, no family left, M1 Garands and 1200 rounds of M2 AP. If anyone is at my door looking for firearms, well, 'nuf said.

Won't even have to open the door just shoot right through it. A Garand with AP will reach a lot further and hit a lot harder than most things the people coming to take them away will be carrying. Don't bother hiding behind your car. https://archive.org/details/Hatchers_Notebook/page/n414/mode/1up

At our age three hots and a cot with free health care isn't much of a threat either.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    So you are only on the hook, in MD, for handguns purchased after 30 Sept 1996 and long guns from March 2021.

I haven't kept up lately, can you point me to the regs regarding this?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Sold out of state - shipped to out-of-state FFL. Now where did I put that shipping label? Was it TX, WV, maybe AK?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sold out of state - shipped to out-of-state FFL. Now where did I put that shipping label? Was it TX, WV, maybe AK?

But SOMEWHERE there would be a record at some FFL.

If a national wide deal, they would have those records. So you might not get away with that.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    It is still common in America (not MD) to go to flea markets and yard sales and see long guns for sale. While it isn't legal for someone from out of state to make such a purchase without going through an FFL, I'll bet you a doughnut it happens every day. I've never seen a sale at a fleamarket where anyone asks to see ID. And if you want my humble opinion... that is how it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom