• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It’s hot down here man. I miss Maryland for the landscape like the mountains and the wildlife but I love Florida.

Well thanks. I posted those at 3 in the morning and was just a little steamed from what I read so the back end didn’t come off how I wanted it too. I am sorry for the way I may have said some certain things but I am not sorry for sticking up for my friend and his establishment. I would never go onto a forum and critique one of your businesses to the point where all I was doing was bashing the business and coming up with ridiculous opinions about you as the owner. Just seems twisted to me.

You should understand that people on this forum really want to check out a new shop and give it a chance. As mentioned several times, the ID thing is not good.

I mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again. The Dobre brothers haven't done anything that I would consider off putting or disrespectful to anyone. They found a market and are running with it. They've been very cordial based on the interactions they've had with people I know and they are extremely nice to staff at restaurants where I've sat nearby. Not to mention the fact that they don't drive like assholes on the road. In fact, they've used 75/80 for anything car related. They seem like good guys making it happen.

I'll say that they could certainly benefit from interactions with "old timers" on this forum. You won't find a better and more generous group of gun owners than here.

I wish them the best but I won't be a customer as long as they ask for IDs and have a manager with poor customer skills. She, at the very least, owes people an apology for her bad attitude.

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021
    You should understand that people on this forum really want to check out a new shop and give it a chance. As mentioned several times, the ID thing is not good.

I mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again. The Dobre brothers haven't done anything that I would consider off putting or disrespectful to anyone. They found a market and are running with it. They've been very cordial based on the interactions they've had with people I know and they are extremely nice to staff at restaurants where I've sat nearby. Not to mention the fact that they don't drive like assholes on the road. In fact, they've used 75/80 for anything car related. They seem like good guys making it happen.

I'll say that they could certainly benefit from interactions with "old timers" on this forum. You won't find a better and more generous group of gun owners than here.

I wish them the best but I won't be a customer as long as they ask for IDs and have a manager with poor customer skills. She, at the very least, owes people an apology for her bad attitude.

Hey.. you know what I can deal with this. That was a very generous response and I just want to say thank you. This made me change my perspective of this entire forum with this post here. I hope and wish the best for all of you.. and again I am sorry If I offended anyone by the way I typed something or said something that was not my intentions at all.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Hey.. you know what I can deal with this. That was a very generous response and I just want to say thank you. This made me change my perspective of this entire forum with this post here. I hope and wish the best for all of you.. and again I am sorry If I offended anyone by the way I typed something or said something that was not my intentions at all.

It's good that you're keeping an open mind about the forum. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are a younger person (under 30). If I'm wrong, mea culpa.
    Good evening to this crazy chat!
    to start i thought the left wingers were bad but this is something else... give us a break as a new shop. As many know I am the tall blonde outside asking for ID's, trying to keep myself safe and put guns into safe hands.

You are obviously younger, so this goes to both of you:

Yes, there are a lot of older people on this forum. They buy and own a LOT of guns. If it were me opening a new business, I think I'd want to get the opinions and recommendations of as many older, successful people that are involved in the industry as possible. That's just me, and to each their own. But the policies of this new store have already turned away dozens of people in this one thread on this one (preeminent) forum...and that's just the ones that have posted about it. There's probably 100's of others that won't go based on the information found in this thread. I am one of them. I'll be damned if I'm going to show my ID (let alone have it scanned!) to enter a store where I might spend a lot of money. So that's 100's of people deliberately not going to this store, which is 100's of missed sales opportunities.

You can do one of two things with the info given to you in this thread: Accept it as legitimate criticism and make adjustments to your business model as you see fit, or lash out at the people offering their advice, call them names, and stick to your initial business model. So far you've chosen the second option. I would suggest you revise that plan. This is Maryland. We have a strong gun subculture here, but it is a subculture, and not a place where any old gun shop can survive. You need to appeal to as many gun owners as possible, and right now, you're not doing that.

ZIMW I know you aren't directly affiliated with the store, but you've chosen to interject yourself in to the conversation, so that's why I included you in this post. Your video is interesting and different from what you'd expect from a gun store, and I thought it was well done. It doesn't give me the vibe I'd want to get from a gun store, but that's just me. I'm sure plenty of others would want to go to the store because of it. I'm just not one of those people.

I hope the store makes it...I like to have options around here. Based on what I've seen though, I doubt I'd find anything for me in that store, but I'm just one person.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It's good that you're keeping an open mind about the forum. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are a younger person (under 30). If I'm wrong, mea culpa.

Yes, there are a lot of older people on this forum. They buy and own a LOT of guns. If it were me opening a new business, I think I'd want to get the opinions and recommendations of as many older, successful people that are involved in the industry as possible. That's just me, and to each their own. But the policies of this new store have already turned away dozens of people in this one thread on this one (preeminent) forum...and that's just the ones that have posted about it. There's probably 100's of others that won't go based on the information found in this thread. I am one of them. I'll be damned if I'm going to show my ID (let alone have it scanned!) to enter a store where I might spend a lot of money. So that's 100's of people deliberately not going to this store, which is 100's of missed sales opportunities.

You can do one of two things with the info given to you in this thread: Accept it as legitimate criticism and make adjustments to your business model as you see fit, or lash out at the people offering their advice, call them names, and stick to your initial business model. So far you've chosen the second option. I would suggest you revise that plan. This is Maryland. We have a strong gun subculture here, but it is a subculture, and not a place where any old gun shop can survive. You need to appeal to as many gun owners as possible, and right now, you're not doing that.

ZIMW I know you aren't directly affiliated with the store, but you've chosen to interject yourself in to the conversation, so that's why I included you in this post. Your video is interesting and different from what you'd expect from a gun store, and I thought it was well done. It doesn't give me the vibe I'd want to get from a gun store, but that's just me. I'm sure plenty of others would want to go to the store because of it. I'm just not one of those people.

I hope the store makes it...I like to have options around here. Based on what I've seen though, I doubt I'd find anything for me in that store, but I'm just one person.

Very well stated. :thumbsup:

ZIMW

Jul 12, 2021

This is probably the best one of them all. I appreciate this and I’m sure they will appreciate this as well. Thank you for the kind words and thanks for your opinion. You were the most open minded person so far to reply in this chat in my opinion and with that being said I will be logging out of this account and never logging back in. For anyone who reads this or any past comments... Just know we all have opinions... This area ( Urbana MD ) is either extremely left sided and extremely right sided.. there’s no in between.. No one will ever be truly happy and we all need to remember that! I hope you all have amazing months and a great rest of your 2021 year!

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Like this guy right here.... why is this even necessary? I’m done with this forum and I’m done reading about it. I know who the guy is. I know how his staff is.. & I know y’all are some internet warriors behind a computer. Choose to go in... I would check it out. Or you can sit behind your computers like this grump and just say no and not go in.

Deleted

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    ZIMW, I hope you and the owner take the responses below in the constructive spirit intended. It is based on one of your earlier posts that may have been raw and protective of your friend. I think most here want the shop to do well and will support it accordingly to how it operates & markets itself.

I’m personal friends with the owner and met all the staff.

If you are the owner's personal friend you should be counseling him to address the perceptions on MDS effectively and not making the situation worse. Defensively posting on the MDS board will only get people to hunker down on their beliefs. You are doing the owner no favors.

The kids 26 with money in the bank from all the hard work he’s put in. He drives a Lamborghini that he obtained from WORKING HARD.

The majority of people here respect hard work and have no problem with someone enjoying the fruits of those efforts. But this narrative has been missing . . . at least until your defensive posts today.

None of you can honestly say you know him so to cop some opinion about the kid just goes to show you I guess you’re a bit jealous?

You are 100% right that MDS members do not know him. The only impression of him and his business is based on the video you created for him and he chose to publish to YouTube

I can safely state that the majority of the MDS crowd is not envious. As you have indicated in other posts, the MDS crowd probably tends to be more mature (>40). As such, most of us understand what the true measures of life are. None of which are on display in the video.

To everyone talking about how it’s nice and it’s aimed at the upity that’s just down right wrong. But hey if you feel like your style is more like the Walmart Gun Counter or the hole in the wall down by the creek close to grandmas house then go there.

My 'style' in a gun store is one that excels at trust, sharing expertise and providing what I am looking for at an appropriate price point. As someone who had no reference on the owner or the shop, all I had was the video to make an assessment. However, the video was a vanity piece which did not address anything other than the grandeur of the shop and owner. References by myself and others to stick with other shops are evidence that the video did not convey the basic traits customers look for in a business.

All I know is that this gun shop is bad ass... the video is bad ass.. and to the people who have been hating... y’all live under a rock. That’s why you’re on this forum taking the time to really be cruel individuals. A MD Gun forum ��... jeesh.

Again, the shop is beautiful. The video was well made but maybe missed the mark that a new business with an uncertain customer base needed.

I hope the shop succeeds and if it aligns with my style of a gun shop . . . I will likely be a customer one day.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Welp, ngl, I ain't readin back through 27 pages of comments, but I can sum up my feelings pretty quickly:

That video for their gun store makes it look almost as cringe as the ******** they post on YouTube, and I can definitively say I won't ever set foot in that store, ID requirements or no. 'ZIMW' coming on here and getting butthurt on their behalf when people reacted negatively to their marketing approach was just icing on the cake. Classic example of 'know your market, know your demographic.'

Though, LOL at 'working hard.' IDK how hard backflipping / clickbait videos are but I guess harder than NOT backflipping in a grocery store and making clickbait videos. The gun store will actually be hard work, so best of luck to them as private business owners.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I checked with daughter as to her youtube habits .
    Didn't know them by name , nor anyone doing backflip pranks . Other than obligatory cat videos it's mainly music lyrics videos ( classic rock , classic country ) , and Anime .

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I checked with daughter as to her youtube habits .
    Didn't know them by name , nor anyone doing backflip pranks . Other than obligatory cat videos it's mainly music lyrics videos ( classic rock , classic country ) , and Anime .
    Queried MM Jr when I arrived home. Received a similar response. "Who?" :shrug:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Damn bro

I'm here for you, brother.

aid11648157-v4-728px-Locate-Your-Prostate-Step-4-Version-2.jpg.webp

Thought you greased all the way to your wrists

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This is probably the best one of them all. I appreciate this and I’m sure they will appreciate this as well. Thank you for the kind words and thanks for your opinion. You were the most open minded person so far to reply in this chat in my opinion and with that being said I will be logging out of this account and never logging back in. For anyone who reads this or any past comments... Just know we all have opinions... This area ( Urbana MD ) is either extremely left sided and extremely right sided.. there’s no in between.. No one will ever be truly happy and we all need to remember that! I hope you all have amazing months and a great rest of your 2021 year!

This isn't an airport, you don't need to announce your departure.

The production quality of the video was top notch, the content or direction it was going was more than a bit odd to me and the trigger finger discipline was definitely cringe worthy.

I'm in the market for some armor but didn't see any in the video and won't have my ID scanned to even kick the tires on a panoply.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I won't hate on them for how they make their money(net worth of $26M) Plenty of money to be made out there, people don't realize how much the big youtubers make. 10.6M subscribers is a LOT. They are doing something right with that business model

Good on them for trying to build another business, even if it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Maybe the current business model will work or maybe they don't care if it does. If nothing else its a tax write off.

I personally won't go because of the ID requirement while some others won't care. Most of the firearm enthusiasts I know are older (like the average person on here)and likely wouldn't go because of the reason I mentioned above.

I will mention again, the videography was legit even if John wick not style

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    oh no leaving...

ZIMW ..come back ZIMW, Don't leave ZIMW....come back ZIMW...

You get what you project. If you are what you say you are, step back and look at your own video, what is the age
    group and demographics that this video is aimed at?? Yes they have followers on "YouTube" ..wow...so do others,
    Look at the Argorance projected in the FB page pic. Look at the video closely, finger in the trigger guard, just like
    a John Wick movie, God Father or others, actually you didn't create you copied, you used them as a story line / board
    for your video, it's easy to pull up DaVinci and start. Their video's are pranks and other things, so you want to own a gun
    shop / you got the money to build one, good for you, come down from your cloud, and go to ranges, go to shoots,
    go to matches, be part of the gun community. So why not sponsor some matches, build a place for Md. Residents
    to shoot at, why not have a match, it's only money and I'm sure their accountant can "write it off" for them.Don't
    flash your better than now mentallity right in peoples faces. Firearms people are all walks of life, all incomes, but
    the one thing we have in common is our hobby.. nothing else matters.

So ID's, how the shop / people present themselves, you apparently appointed yourself as the offical spokes person,
    says even more, what is the "kid" afraid of, what are any of them afraid of?? You speak for them, where are they?
    Guess they would not "fit in" with an older crowd of people. Who are more diversed than they are....

They got the money, throw it at it, if it fails so be it, just a write off, chump
    change, if it works so be it. market it like a Youtube thing or FBook, So let's
    see em join and be part of the community, but one things for sure it ain't YouTube
    or FB......some fun for all:D:D:D:D

Come in make a few comments, then can not stand the criticism sooo.

had my fun....I done.
    Wish them the best...

-Rock

Last edited:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    There's blood in the water and it's a frenzy in here.

I would like this store to succeed even tho they have come out stumbling. Hopefully some adjustments are made, and everyone chills out a bit. This thread was entertaining in the beginning but I have face palmed many times. "Ohhhhh why did you have to say that?" Now I'm just scared to read what's coming next. Lol

Last edited:

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I said that because you guys kept saying the place was aimed at the upity? Like the only people who could shop at his gun shop were rich people. So i went with the complete opposite. I think you might be reading into the comment a little bit to much. I wasn’t putting anyone down. I’m saying if that’s your choice that’s your choice? It shouldn’t matter what or where the gun shop is it should matter if you like the vibe / the products / the employees / etc.

REALLY???? Then why is a BLUE LABEL Glock 17 priced at $750.00 for First Responders at your friends shop?? It is priced at all other Mom & Pop shops for $475.00 to $500.00. So they are either looking to sell to the wealthy or RIPPING OFF First Responders!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom