• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    There's a little hope left! While I am still boycotting the HQL.

Please don't give me that lecture again about 'that's what they want you to do'. Frankly, I bought as many handguns as I could afford in 2013 and have been buying long guns since then.
    The damn background check is no different than the regular 7 day wait. The state already has my fingerprints from when I had a carry permit way back when. Therefore, I find the entire thing appalling. That's all I have to say about that.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been fighting the urge to go HQL; so far I've been successful. C&R FFL helps a lot. I'll give it a couple years for SCOTUS to bring MD into the US. God knows I have enough guns already, though so far He hasn't insisted.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I've been fighting the urge to go HQL; so far I've been successful. C&R FFL helps a lot. I'll give it a couple years for SCOTUS to bring MD into the US. God knows I have enough guns already, though so far He hasn't insisted.

:eek:

I never thought those words could exist in that combination!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Keep up the good work. I still get a little bit surprised every time I think of the hypocrisy that is claiming that the small fee of buying an ID to access your right to vote is racist but the larger fees and time investments to access your second amendment rights is important for the public good. I get it but it still hurts my brain a bit each time.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I didn't want to get one on principal too, but since I have MD CCW, it was free. Just send in some paperwork. I don't agree with any of it (highly restrictive CCW and HQL, to name a few), but it's the game we need to play until the new SCOTUS gets in the game (hopefully)

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Same here. HQL is just another BS Civil Rights roadblock to add to the ones the MGA continues to dream up. I swear they have "Infringement Envy" or something.

Desert84eagle

Nov 22, 2011
    MontCo
    Keep up the good work. I still get a little bit surprised every time I think of the hypocrisy that is claiming that the small fee of buying an ID to access your right to vote is racist but the larger fees and time investments to access your second amendment rights is important for the public good. I get it but it still hurts my brain a bit each time.

Amen brother

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL

I’m all for “using” racism if it helps advance civil liberties, but it’s such a radioactive topic, I wouldn’t trust myself to make the argument in a (more) public forum. Too bad we don’t have more diverse support for 2A, but I understand how many people face enough grief, that they don’t want to bring even more on themselves.
    I do pity those that are at the mercy of the inner city thugs, and can’t protect themselves.
    Seems like some rapper could find it in themselves to encourage their people to stand up for their rights - but, then, thugs.
    It’s late. Just me dreaming.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I’m all for “using” racism if it helps advance civil liberties, but it’s such a radioactive topic, I wouldn’t trust myself to make the argument in a (more) public forum. Too bad we don’t have more diverse support for 2A, but I understand how many people face enough grief, that they don’t want to bring even more on themselves.
    I do pity those that are at the mercy of the inner city thugs, and can’t protect themselves.
    Seems like some rapper could find it in themselves to encourage their people to stand up for their rights - but, then, thugs.

The rapper and actor Ice-T is a vocal 2A proponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

I would not be the best choice to make that case publicly, I just don't like hypocrisy. And it is certainly not my place to force someone to arm themselves for self defense if they don't want too. But hopefully folks like MSI can win some victories in court to help those that do want to responsibly arm themselves to protect their families. I have sarcastically said before that Samuel Colt is the greatest civil rights activist because he made all folks equal. But there is a grain of truth there. I have heard anti-gunners say before that the NRA is racist because they supported racist gun control policy. Which is weird cutting off their nose to spite their face in order to make the NRA look bad. My immediate response would be that racist laws have no place in our society so lets get rid of them. I imagine them twisting to then support something they just claimed was racist but in reality they would shout at me while a masked punk with a bike lock tries to sneak up.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    The irony is that lately minorities are being told what to believe by rich, white, liberal women.

When the Redskins name controversy was in full swing, I looked into it a bit and saw that the polls showed that the large majority of Native Americans did not care. I saw a huge swarm of rich white folks screaming about how terrible the name was. Real condescending to tell people what should offend them. I think the folks who answered those polls are fully capable of thinking for themselves.

May 19, 2016

I think that racism is a subset of class-ism. Basically the evil haves needed to distract the have-nots (having money in itself is not evil) from how badly they may have been getting screwed, so they used any minor difference to cause division (race, creed, religion, hobby). The poor people of Baltimore are not only minorities, but the minorities are on a lower socioeconomic scale and are more greatly affected. As long as there is an abundance of misinformation and in-fighting the evil people creating policy and fleecing the people can go mostly unopposed. There are far more of us regular folks than them, but if they are allowed to cause division among us they can compartmentalize us to death.

Yes, when the average American doesn't have $500 in savings and living paycheck to paycheck or is one major illness away from being homeless, imposing an application fee, a fee for live-scan fingerprints, and another for "certified" training classes in inconvenient and not easily accessible places is done on purpose. I would still be against the mandates if they were free (we all know that MD asks for a fee from everything we do regardless of the large amount of taxes we pay for).

There are hundreds everyday dying of opioid addiction everyday in this country with no minorities in sight, but people still want to blame uninvolved parties instead of going after the root causes of the problems. These evil people want to make money off of causing our sickness and death, and don't want us to be able to defend ourselves from their scourge. People need to stop falling for the divide and conquer tactics.

We have the best thing going with our constitutional republic, but if we don't punish evil and corruption it's just words on paper.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom