• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Can you tell me where these patriots who attend these meeting have done anything but attend these meeting to lend support to those going before the board and to watch how the process bears out?

If belittling means that those of us who have watched the process and acknowledges there were errors within the process and fight to demand those errors to be corrected, then I guess you're right.

If belittling means demanding the MSP follow the rules and laws set forth in the legislature and not allow them to use their interpretation of these rules and laws, then I guess you're right.

If belittling means that we will fight against those anti 2A folks for what is rightfully ours by the words written in the Constitution, then I guess you're right.

May I ask you a question? How do you expect us to preserve our rights without questioning those that are against our constitutional rights and are willing to take them away?

Belittling is the routine name calling and slurs tossed about in the HPRB threads.

Not hard to find where the Capitol police are referred to as dick wads, the MSP referred to as clowns and not to mention someone regularly called Monkey Boy.

You can certainly preserve your rights without perpetuating the myth that all gun owners are old, fat, white rednecks.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Belittling is the routine name calling and slurs tossed about in the HPRB threads.

Not hard to find where the Capitol police are referred to as dick wads, the MSP referred to as clowns and not to mention someone regularly called Monkey Boy.

You can certainly preserve your rights without perpetuating the myth that all gun owners are old, fat, white rednecks.

I fail to see how using unflattering nicknames perpetuates the old fat redneck myth.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Here, have a cookie.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

What exactly is your beef? Do you go to the HPRB meetings? Have you witnessed the MSP lying under oath? Have you seen the attorney general's office representative flounder over every pronouncement? Have you seen what the legislators call gun owners? Insults are a two way street.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What exactly is your beef? Do you go to the HPRB meetings? Have you witnessed the MSP lying under oath? Have you seen the attorney general's office representative flounder over every pronouncement? Have you seen what the legislators call gun owners? Insults are a two way street.

I don't get it either, we have someone more worried about a rabid anti gun grabber being called Monkey Boy than the loss of his 2A rights.

Oh my, whatever we do, let's be polite and not offend the antis and the infringers....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I also find it curious that JJ refers to attendees as a "small group of activists" without any specific group attribution.

To me smacks of second hand info and shooting from the hip.

Maybe he should try attending the next meeting to see the "intimidation"first hand before taking 2nd hand reports from his pals
    Buying everyone donuts is certainly a well known intimidation tactic.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016

I have no beef, just pointing out how it is possible for someone that regularly peruses these forums, like JJ and others, to come away with a incorrect impression.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And saying"I ain't accepting no gun permits" as ID when the the regs clearly states a state issued photo ID is acceptable is also a dick wad move.

And after watching some of the antics of the MSP LD putting up a clown photo is being kind.

now back to the main topic.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Roll the classic EL1227 Patriot Picket video spoof!

”No INFRINGERS were harmed in the making of this production”
    Up until 'public participation', were the appearing applicants on double-secret probation ?
    R&R speaking at the HPRB on behalf of the unwashed 2A Patriots of MD ... :innocent0

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

And what's wrong with old, fat white rednecks? I want you to know, that's who you're talking to. Have you ever known a real white redneck sir? Do you know what we are about? I'll tell ya.

We are about our God, our family, our community, our nation and our president. Do you have a problem with any of those things? If not, why do you talk disparagingly towards me and my kind?

This country could do a lot worse than being over ran by rednecks. Like the good book says, those of you without sin cast the first stone.

Unless you've never talked about someone in a poor light, you're a hypocrite telling those of us on this forum what we should be doing. Are we perfect, absolutely not, but are we sincere, you betcha. Do we take kindly to having our God given rights taken from us while we watch criminals walk out of the courtroom after committing crime after crime, murder after murder. We take that as an affront to our way of life.

What did you think JJ's statement would do with the good people of this forum? Is this something you think we would say is okay and whatever JJ says is okay? Why do you think we took to heart what he said?

Do you know? Do you care?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Jim Purtilo tried this kind of tactic 10 years ago and it drove his one man show into the dustheap of history after he attacked this community and MSI with similar, if not more egregious, false accusations.

Wish I could find Jim's web page that went after MSI. It had a picture of a squirrel and a theme of how nutty we were. I'm guessing he took it down after seeing the gun community's reaction.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For those who don't remember Jim started this crap back in 2005. He's a copy of a news article from back then.

http://www.gazette.net/200510/weeken.../264656-1.html
    by Steven T. Dennis
    Staff Writer
    Mar. 11, 2005

ANNAPOLIS -- A split over lobbying tactics is roiling the gun rights community, with activist Jim Purtilo fearing that efforts by rivals to push hard for a politically explosive and doomed right-to-carry bill will backfire on plans to repeal the state's ballistic fingerprinting law.

Purtilo, publisher of the newsletter Tripwire, has set up a Web site, www.squirreltalk.net, mocking gun advocates who are pushing this year's right-to-carry legislation as politically naive.

"The only reason to advance this again is political grandstanding and big egos, and we'd rather measure our successes by real gains won, not by how many battles we gloriously lose for the right reason," Purtilo said.

But Donald Hoffman of Maryland Shall Issue, a Libertytown group backing the right-to-carry bill, blasts Purtilo, saying that they need to keep the pressure on if they are ever going to pass it.

"No war has ever been won fighting a defensive action," Hoffman said, holding a copy of John R. Lott Jr.'s "More Guns, Less Crime" outside the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday. "We need to let the anti-gun people know we're here and we're kicking butt."

Hoffman and a group of pro-gun folks sported stickers saying, "Maryland Gun Owners Vote" with "Remember Cas Taylor" in fine print. Gun advocates played a major role in defeating the former House speaker in 2002 after he ushered through ballistic fingerprinting and the trigger lock law.

Hoffman said Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr. (R) would prefer to deal with issues such as right-to-carry after the 2006 election, but gun owners do not know if he will be re-elected.

"He's afraid of any gun bill reaching his desk because he's afraid of pissing anybody off," Hoffman said, but "he needs us to be out there working for him."

Although they like Ehrlich, Hoffman said, his group would like to see more tangible pro-gun legislation.

"We don't want to cause him any pain, but we have to do what we have to do," he said. "We need to let them know that we're alive and kicking."

But Purtilo said the gun community needs to "show some political maturity" and not whack lawmakers on a bill that has no hope of passing this year if they want to win on the ballistic fingerprinting bill.

Purtilo points to Del. Donald H. Dwyer Jr.'s aborted attempt to petition the gay marriage ban to the House floor, which prompted House Speaker Michael E. Busch's subsequent threat to nuke all Republican legislation.

Dwyer (R-Dist. 31) of Glen Burnie also is the sponsor of the right-to-carry bill, which would make it easier for Marylanders to get permits to carry handguns because they no longer would have to prove to the State Police that they have "a good and substantial reason" to do so.

Purtilo said that expending energy on a fruitless battle over the right-to-carry legislation could harm the pro-gun advocates in the long term.

"Our people, once they realize their time has been wasted on something useless, they tend to go away and not come back," he said. "There is nothing that would be better for promoting the right to carry next year than to repeal [fingerprinting] this year."

Putting in right-to-carry bills year after year also trains the legislature to defeat them year after year, which is counterproductive, Purtilo said.

The gun community already won a victory because Ehrlich has eliminated funding for the ballistic fingerprinting program, which has not successfully caught any criminals, but gun manufacturers must still provide test shell casings to the state. As a result, many guns are not available in Maryland, limiting the choices for gun buyers, Purtilo said.

The success of the repeal would have a national impact, he said, given Maryland's status as the first state to institute the program.

"Other states that have been looking at this are watching Maryland. Either this form of gun control gets legs and goes nationally, or it gets put to rest," Purtilo said.

But Hoffman said he is not putting his energy into the repeal.

"It's dead," he said. "The governor's already defunded it."

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Do any AGC members know if trustee meetings are open to AGC members?

If that committee is enacted, it would be time for every MDS/MSI activist to begin the process of being appointed to that committee.

Meetings are open to general members. 1st Tuesday of every month 7 pm.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Yep, we're all just a bunch of old fat white rednecks, bullying the armed MSP and expressing our dislike of those who are pleased to deny us our God-given right of preserving our lives, by sitting quietly in a meeting.

Far better we accept intimidation by Capitol police, MSP and the corrupt super-majority in the GA. After all, they believe it's for our own good. Being elected to office or carrying a badge (forgive me, shield) gives them the authority to regulate the lives and beliefs of anyone who disagrees with them.

I only wish that the sum total of their intimidation would encompass sitting quietly in a public meeting.

I'm guessing that many posters here are products of the MD public school indoctrination programs of the last couple decades. Your Participation In The Discussion trophies are in the mail. Or you can pick them up at the next HPRB meeting. See you there?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Intermission

"Purtilo, publisher of the newsletter Tripwire, has set up a Web site, www squirreltalk net, mocking gun advocates who are pushing this year's right-to-carry legislation as politically naive."

flying%20squirrel2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom