• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Looking for razor clams to try for crab bait. Also need the bait bags.
    I know anglers has what I need but I'd like to buy somewhere near frederick.
    Would like to head out thursday and not going towards annapolis so really need to pick something up tues/wed. to have things ready to go. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looking for razor clams to try for crab bait. Also need the bait bags.
    I know anglers has what I need but I'd like to buy somewhere near frederick.
    Would like to head out thursday and not going towards annapolis so really need to pick something up tues/wed. to have things ready to go. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Why not chicken necks?

Redcan

Mar 19, 2013
    May be tough to find razor clams near Frederick. I saw a sign the other day in front of all about bait in Glenburnie that said they sold razor clams.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Leave them out of the refrigerator for 30 hours before you bait your traps. That stink will attack them.

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I didn't even know there were razor clams on the East Coast. In the Pacific Northwest they're fairly prized--more so than even geoduck. If you told my Seattle-raised grandpa easterners used them as bait he'd be shocked.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In my youth, we'd go out white perch fishing near Fort Carroll on a Friday/Saturday. Bring them home, cut them in half and salt them for a few hours and then bait the troutline. Go out the next day and we'd always come home with a few Bushels of crabs. The stink was always the secret to our success in my opinion.

Stink is good when it comes to crabbing.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Where do you plan to head to crab? Can't really help the western part of Maryland but may be able to help direct where to pick up some on your way getting closer to the bay.

And as for razor clams have seem to be more and more on the bay crabs the past years as it shows up more and more in the weekly fishing reports that are put out.

Attachments

• IMG_4525.jpg
      IMG_4525.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 550

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Really have not decided where we are going. Was thinking around baltimore but after reading that report more than likely heading south towards the bridge.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Really have not decided where we are going. Was thinking around baltimore but after reading that report more than likely heading south towards the bridge.

Bay Country Crabbing Supply on Mayo Road in Edgewater has them. I know you said not near Annapolis but that didn't stop anyone else from suggesting someplace near Annapolis so I figured I'd pile on.

Read this before eating too many Baltimore crabs.
    I wont crab up there.

http://www.mde.state.md.us/programs...ocs/Maryland_Fish_Advisories_2014_March17.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom