• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017

I'm an immigrant and person of color, initially came here for graduate school. Was very happy when I first heard MoCo is a sanctuary for immigrants, and decided to buy a house and raise a family here. Saw many fellow immigrants in this region, who are here legally, many highly educated and contributing greatly to this country economically and culturally, i.e. not the immigrant image often portrayed by the media who are supposedly friendly to immigrants.

Lately I found how that our county is not meant as a sanctuary for the "documented" immigrants. I can only liken that feeling to how my daughter probably felt when her birthday balloon got punctured and lost its air.

Last edited:

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I'm an immigrant and person of color, initially came here for graduate school. Was very happy when I first heard MoCo is a sanctuary for immigrants, and decided to buy a house and raise a family here. Saw many fellow immigrants in this region, who are here legally, many highly educated and contributing greatly to this country economically and culturally, i.e. not the immigrant image often portrayed by the media who are supposedly friendly to immigrants.

Lately I found how that our county is not meant as a sanctuary for the "documented" immigrants. I can only liken that feeling to how my daughter probably felt when her birthday balloon got punctured and lost its air.

Sad, isn't it. You and other legally-here immigrants are getting shafted just like straight white males, and the left is falling all over themselves to cater to the illegals.

I'm 100% FOR legal immigration. 100% AGAINST illegal immigration.

-John

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Sad, isn't it. You and other legally-here immigrants are getting shafted just like straight white males, and the left is falling all over themselves to cater to the illegals.

I'm 100% FOR legal immigration. 100% AGAINST illegal immigration.

-John

It says on a US visa that "entering the United States is a privilege, not a right", those who go through the immigration process legally would know. When laws exists but are not enforced, more will be encouraged to break laws because there is little consequence.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Simpler,

It's not a sanctuary for legal residents regardless of what passport one processes.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I too am in MoCo, and I'll throw this out there. If we get a good snow (4"+), I'll be out with my snow thrower, so if anyone needs snow removal, I offer very reasonable rates and discounts if I get 3 or more properties in close proximity to each other (where I don't have to pack up and drive to the next one) :D

-John

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

They're cutting Police and school costs to save a few million, but howzabout the $2.65 Billion they're spending to bring PG people to Bethesda? Purple Line boondoggle building light rail, when buses would be cheaper and more flexible.

Who was paid off to make that debacle happen?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2016/03/30/true-cost-of-purple-line-could-reach-2-65-billion-analysis-finds/?utm_term=.75b4a8179129

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Howdy neighbor. I think that there are a few more members of MDS who live in Clarksburg, although perhaps not as far North as we do.

Cal68

I assumed as much. I have some neighbors who lurk but aren't active. I live just on the north side of Little Bennett Regional Park myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom