Post-Ban HBAR for the 1 MOA All-Day Challenge?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I kinda do too, but I'd like it better in 16". With my 30SD on the end, the above would be a ~25" barrel...

They have heavy 16" barrels too. Check out their website. My 20" WOA SDM shoots sub MOA with a barrel tuner.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    There might be Nervous Nellies here, but you're a shit-stirrer. ;)

The WOA barrel is described as "light weight, stainless steel" - sounds like the steel must be lightweight. :rolleyes:

But Brownells lists it as heavy...

OHHH NOO I must alert Brownells of their inaccuracy in representation of the product since WOA website doesn't mention heavy and the potential legal issues for Marylanders. While I'm at it I'll write a letter requesting clarification on the legality of barrels represented 2 different ways from different vendors.

Currently Brownells isn't selling the .223/5.56 heavy fluted Faxon barrels but the exact same profiled barrels in 6.5 Grendel are listed as profile heavy.

Attachments

• Faxon_Barrel.jpg
      Faxon_Barrel.jpg
      92.8 KB · Views: 231

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have a RRA NM A2 rifle I bought through club sales in 2003. 1994 AWB-era crowned barrel and everything, no muzzle device. It has the A2 concealed free float tube.

This project is a completely different animal. I won’t be wearing a coat that looks like it’s made out of a bowling ball bag (or 3 sweatshirts; I never had the coat!) and the sling point will have a BFG VCAS sling on pushbutton QDs. I can see maybe looping my arm in there as a hasty sling, but not locking in tight. This rifle will be shot prone or maybe off a bench, with a bipod or pack rest. And yes, the BUIS will probably be polymer Magpul MBUS, and honestly mostly for show.

USPS just delivered one of these:
    Geissele Super Modular Rail MK4 M-LOK

I have the RRA Standard A2 way back, same muzzle configuration. All I did was add a knurled free float tube. For accuracy and fun I put a 4x Leupold on it. Shoots very well.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I have the RRA Standard A2 way back, same muzzle configuration. All I did was add a knurled free float tube. For accuracy and fun I put a 4x Leupold on it. Shoots very well.
    I briefly considered tearing down that rifle to repurpose it. Sell the FF tube and NM A2 upper online, machine the FSB into a low profile gas block, and send the barrel out to be threaded. Maybe cut down to an 18" or even 16", keeping the rifle gas system. :confused:

But that upper, as-is, can go on any of my newest post-ban lowers. So I haven't done anything with it yet...

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Not a dad deal. I've kinda always wanted a Dissipator.

But not fonthis project. I'm thinking more like this:

Attachments

• IMG_6339.JPG
      IMG_6339.JPG
      36.3 KB · Views: 191
    • IMG_6337.jpg
      IMG_6337.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 190

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well, ok. No fish tales. This happened for real. Del-Ton at 50 yards, iron sights, Wolf...... Gold. :D
    Meanwhile my Delton does this all day. I'd go white oak though if I did it again. I have been happy with the Delton though, especially with hand-loads

Attachments

• attachment-19.jpeg
      attachment-19.jpeg
      74.4 KB · Views: 185
    • attachment-11.jpeg
      attachment-11.jpeg
      87.9 KB · Views: 189
    • 20170702_080600.jpg
      20170702_080600.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 186

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    WOA, Engage built a nice upper for me with one of their barrels. If the idiot involved does his part, MOA easily with right load.

My 20" WOA barrel from Engage shoots sub MOA with 68 gr. Freedom Munitions remanufactured ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I have always heard good things about WOA. However, based on the standards of this forum I'm not sure why it is recommended as a heavy barrel when the manufacturer themselves never use the word heavy. Engage Armament versions would be compliant being custom spec'd to be marked HBAR.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    My meager experience says that the upper isn't the whole story.
    Don't forget the trigger.
    A great trigger affects your accuracy or lets say ability to shoot consistently by being predictable & crisp.
    I went crazy with my service rifle shooting what I thought were "flyers" until dist1646 fixed/adjusted my trigger.
    Thanks dist!

PS: I have a Krieger stainless barrel and couldn't recommend them more.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    A great trigger affects your accuracy or lets say ability to shoot consistently by being predictable & crisp.
    Good point. I already had a Larue MBT from their sale last year, and a Geissele SSA-E arrived with the rail.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I went crazy with my service rifle shooting what I thought were "flyers" until dist1646 fixed/adjusted my trigger.
    Thanks dist!

PS: I have a Krieger stainless barrel and couldn't recommend them more.

https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=33675

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I have a 16" COLT HBar barrel

I have a 16" COLT HBar barrel marked C MP 1/9 HBAR 5.56 NATO, not threaded, if this helps, it's a couple years old, post 2013 and MD compliant. I'm not sure of the price but it will be reasonable. Also with it the gas tube, tower, Delta ring and handguard. Actually it belongs to my son and for whatever the reasons when he changed barrel lengths or something you also have to change the other parts because they're different lengths. I'm not an AR man, more Winchester but I have a New Colt C.A.R. Elite $1300 and HBar flat top like new $1000 for sale on ArmsList and will have this barrel and the Colts with me for sale at the Bel Air Gun Show February 2-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom