• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    First, sorry for asking a lot of questions over the past few days but it's kind of nice having a wealth of information and advice at my disposal! Anyways, I have a 189 prefix wood stock mini 30 given to me by my dad and honestly I don't think.its ever been fired before. It looks great and I Love the action but I'm not super interested in a 762x39 that isn't known for being able to shoot cheap ammo. I know if probably get taken to the cleaners if I traded it in at a gun store, but what could I reasonably expect to get out of it?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    You need 50 posts to sell it on this forum. Not terribly hard to do if you are opinionated at all. At one time I thought I wanted a mini 30. The later versions of all the mini 14 and mini 30's are more accurate. Gunbroker might be the best place to check the price, there is an option to search completed auctions, which gets rid of the sellers with wishful thinking.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'd say $700-750 or so would be a fair price... a little less if you wanted it to move, a little more if you aren't in a hurry. I've seen new in the box ones for below $700 recently. Gunbroker listings are typically all over the map with many north of 850 that probably won't sell. If it was your dad's and you aren't hard pressed for cash, my advice would be to keep it.

Good luck.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Eh it really doesn't have much sentimental value to me or my dad, I think he got it as payment for something or another years ago. I know about the 50 post limit, I'm not trying to openly sell on this forum yet but if someone gives me an offer I can't refuse well.....I'll try the gunbroker thing, I didn't know you could search that way. Weed out the people that want 1500 because they put an accustrut and a red dot on it something.

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    First, sorry for asking a lot of questions over the past few days but it's kind of nice having a wealth of information and advice at my disposal! Anyways, I have a 189 prefix wood stock mini 30 given to me by my dad and honestly I don't think.its ever been fired before. It looks great and I Love the action but I'm not super interested in a 762x39 that isn't known for being able to shoot cheap ammo. I know if probably get taken to the cleaners if I traded it in at a gun store, but what could I reasonably expect to get out of it?

Create an account at Gunbroker. I believe I remember you must have an account to add something to your "watch" list.

Find similar items offered for sale. Add them to your watch list. When the listing has ended, see what sold for what.

What someone is asking and what they are getting is not the same thing.

You might also find an FFL that will sell on consignment. They will usually know the market better than you and their store gets foot traffic.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    Has anyone done a trade at a LGS? I know you probably get hosed on value, but is it ever worth it? Or only if you need money fast?

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I want a mini-30 with a wood stock and as far as new goes I see Gym Ratz has some for $750 but that store seems to be known for great deals on these forums. Shame that store is so far away.:sad20: And while I have not gone super into pricing that is the best new price I have seen. Might be worth talking to a shop that does consignment and see if they think that they can get a price that works for you. Maybe you don't do the deal but they should have good information.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The typical rule of thumb for a gun store is to purchase used for 2/3 of what they would expect to sell it for as used . And adjust downwards if they don't expect to turn over quickly , or already have ample stock of similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom