• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    Darn, I must’ve missed you when I was walking around the show and not standing behind the table. I always enjoy reading your posts, it would have been nice to put a face to the name.

Hey Dan it was nice to meet you, hope you did well at the show.

DrNRA

Feb 2, 2017
    Bethesda
    Yes. It was the table I was working at. Not my personal rifles though. They’re going for the same amount or higher on Gunbroker. Unfortunately K31’s aren’t the $199-$350 rifles they were a couple years ago. Supplies in Switzerland have dwindled and the costs are going up due to it.

Shoot, glad I got my three when I did!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hey Dan it was nice to meet you, hope you did well at the show.

It was nice to meet you too! I had a pretty good time. I managed to come home with a couple extra toys.

I talked to the book dealer at the end of the show and this was indeed his last MD show. He will be at the next two Chantilly shows but after that, he’s retiring and moving to Florida. He was selling books for 50% off. I grabbed an older book on Japanese Swords and a copy of “The Krag Rifle Story” 2nd Edition.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Darn, I must’ve missed you when I was walking around the show and not standing behind the table. I always enjoy reading your posts, it would have been nice to put a face to the name.

Hit me up the next time you're at a show and I'll come look for you. I'll bring just about anything I've posted too if you would like a closer look. :thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It was nice to meet you too! I had a pretty good time. I managed to come home with a couple extra toys.

I talked to the book dealer at the end of the show and this was indeed his last MD show. He will be at the next two Chantilly shows but after that, he’s retiring and moving to Florida. He was selling books for 50% off. I grabbed an older book on Japanese Swords and a copy of “The Krag Rifle Story” 2nd Edition.
    Darn, missed this one. Do you remember a name or contact info that you could PM?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Oh yeah there were some fake Martini Enfields there just be careful whenever you see those there. They are Afghan copies when I want the real thing. The Markings on the Afghan ones are fake and there are websites that tell you the difference. I didn't expect to see any there so I had forgot what to look for. Hence I didn't buy one.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    So what was the overall thoughts/review of this Silverado show?

Was it worth admission? Good showing from vendors? Any good deals to be had? What other show (upcoming) would you recommend?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Smaller than other Silverado shows in the past, but I saw more Japanese Type38s than I've seen in several years.

Chantilly show this weekend is, well, much larger and more varied, but I shop for C&R so it should be good.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    So what was the overall thoughts/review of this Silverado show?

Was it worth admission? Good showing from vendors? Any good deals to be had? What other show (upcoming) would you recommend?

It was better than previous Frederick shows. good assortment of shotguns, O/U, SxS, pumps. Some good deals to be had for used shotty’s.

Those vendors selling new guns seemed to be priced around MSRP. Some “show discounts” on overstock or old inventory, but most prices were not indicative of motivation. Bulk ammo was very close to online prices, good to see.

AR Uppers- do these retailers/vendors not do ANY internet comparative pricing?

I’ve been a supporter of the Silverado shows, attend a few a year. Same vendors showing the SAME product show, after show, after show. Same prices, same ratty price tags, and some are NOT willing to negotiate, they get offended by the mere notion that I recognize the same products from earlier shows. Ammo, accessories, firearms... i dont understand it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The only Silverado show I attend now is the Frederick show...since it's just across town from my home. Yes...it's pretty much the same thing and same vendors wherever Silverado sets up. I don't blame it on Frank...the promotor. It started going downhill once formerly good vendors won't come into Maryland anymore as they don't care to separate out their inventory that's not Maryland compliant and certainly don't want to run afoul of Maryland law...even inadvertently. That would be bad for everyone and lead to news stories about gun dealers breaking the law and smearing everyone involved. Add to that some vendors who have retired or passed away and the shows get smaller.

The Frederick show used to be in three buildings and occasionally four at the Fairgrounds but no more.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    When able, I go to the Frederick shows and Chantilly. I always stop at A1 Uniform at the Frederick show. They have one of the most extensive sets of modern firearms at the show and are smartly near the food concession area. If they have something that I want, I'd happily take a trip to their store having seen their operation and interacted with them at shows. Visibility probably grows their prospective customer base. South Carrol Sporting Goods, Accurate Pawn, and a few others also have good inventory. I usually also always buy 300 BLK ammo at TomKat. I typically enjoy perusing the decent quantity of old firearms that one finds at the Frederick show. Saw a sweet 1890 Winchester pump 22 at this last show that was tempting but just a bit more than I wanted to spend. Keep thinking about it though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom