• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Overhead costs are pretty oppressive for brick and mortar stores.
    profits have to pay the rent, utilities and salaries. I'm grateful we have a few places where knowledgeable, informed folks can be found. Imagine looking for answers from the kid working the gun counter at WallyWorld.

While I was told that Atlantic's gunsmith had a six-month backlog, they replaced a recoil buffer in my old P9S while I waited. No charge.

It's the little things like that that count. When they're gone, driven into retirement because of online sales, see if you can get your computer to do a bit of free gunsmithing. Or try the kid at Wallyworld.

They're great like that. I have bought my first AR from them and 2 handguns and they treat you really well. If it's a quick fix they will do it right there free of charge. I always end up buying some ammo whenever I go cause of the way they treat you.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Much as I like to bitch about their pricing, the guys in Rockville were helpful in doing a quick install of a pivot pin in an AR-15 lower for me. In truth, their prices on accessories aren't out of this world, and I did pick up an UpLULA. :)

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    During my lunch break I went to the Rockville location and bought a Kel-Tec PF 9. I really enjoy their customer service and the price was right...

Jhason

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $340 for a PF9 is, surprisingly, pretty damned good. I ought to see if they're selling the Sub-2k next time I go in.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Went back to the Rockville store for the first time in many months to get a feel on the SIG P250. I'll keep comments about their new gun prices to myself, but I did find a used Tactical at a decent price. Now I'm in day 1 of the 9-day wait.

Maybe the secret in shopping there is to look at used guns only.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    $340 for a PF9 is, surprisingly, pretty damned good. I ought to see if they're selling the Sub-2k next time I go in.

I was in a few weeks back and they had one on the rack in the back corner. Can't remember if it was a 9mm or 40

I bought mine there a few years back.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Went back to the Rockville store for the first time in many months to get a feel on the SIG P250. I'll keep comments about their new gun prices to myself, but I did find a used Tactical at a decent price. Now I'm in day 1 of the 9-day wait.

Maybe the secret in shopping there is to look at used guns only.

I have purchased 3 new handguns at the Rockville store. Their prices are very high but I have always gotten quick, attentive, cheerful and knowledgeable service from them. They are 15 minutes from my house so i guess I'm paying for that and convenience as well.

No more guns for a while.

:D

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    I stopped in the silver spring store on wednesday, and picked up an elzetta light mount for my ar15. They were very friendly, and had a pretty impressive selection of firearms. They also had a decent amount of ammo. I think I'll stop in whenever business takes me near silver spring from now on.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I bought my .40 CZ75B in the Rockville store. They were really good to deal with and the price wasn't hateful and they actually had what I wanted in stock... I just wish the store wasn't so far away.

homer3598

Feb 12, 2010
    Silver Spring
    I have used Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring a few times. Prices aside, I do not mind paying a premium for a firearm or products, but I do believe that a little engagement from the staff when purchasing or making inquiries is neccasary. Basically, I felt like I was interupting their day by attempting to purchase or see if a product was availible.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I expected to hear a bunch of horror stories when I clicked on this thread.

It is only 630 in the morning, but is my brain making stuff up? I thought there was a gun store with the same or similar name that was "avoid at all costs" horrible.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    I have used Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring a few times. Prices aside, I do not mind paying a premium for a firearm or products, but I do believe that a little engagement from the staff when purchasing or making inquiries is neccasary. Basically, I felt like I was interupting their day by attempting to purchase or see if a product was availible.

Honestly, I've only been to the Silver Spring store 3-4 times over the years, I typically just hit the Rockville store as it's more convenient, and have never once walked in without being aknowledged by at least one of the gentleman working there, and if you stare at a gun for more than 30 seconds, one of those same gentleman will be there asking if you'd like to check it out. Of all the stores I've visited locally, they're by far the most engaging.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I called them to ask about CETME rifles. I have a few friends who were looking for one as well. I asked the guy over the phone how many they had at that price. He told me they don't discuss inventory with customers. I decided not to discuss any further business. I'll be going elsewhere. Hope he reads this, because I can be a good customer, but if you catch me wrong (especially on the first encounter), you'll never get my money.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Honestly, I've only been to the Silver Spring store 3-4 times over the years, I typically just hit the Rockville store as it's more convenient, and have never once walked in without being aknowledged by at least one of the gentleman working there, and if you stare at a gun for more than 30 seconds, one of those same gentleman will be there asking if you'd like to check it out. Of all the stores I've visited locally, they're by far the most engaging.

I agree about the staff at the Rockville store. Helpful and engaging when needed. I bought a new Kimber TLE from them last December and the first 2 times I took the gun down to clean it I could not get the slide stop back in. They patiently showed me how to reassemble the gun, even telling me I wasn't the first 1911 noob to have the problem. They were completely understanding of me being a noob and didn't make me feel like I was an idiot. They told me "come in as many times as you need to." A few Youtube videos later and I have gotten the hang of it without even putting an an idiot scratch on it. (knock wood.)

Other than having to pay MSRP for the gun I'm happy with the service there, if not the prices.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    I called them to ask about CETME rifles. I have a few friends who were looking for one as well. I asked the guy over the phone how many they had at that price. He told me they don't discuss inventory with customers. I decided not to discuss any further business. I'll be going elsewhere. Hope he reads this, because I can be a good customer, but if you catch me wrong (especially on the first encounter), you'll never get my money.

I seem to recall other folks on another forum talking about how some stores in their AO won't do price quotes over the phone unless they're familiar with you? I don't know if that's a policy some try to adhere to or not, and to be totally honest, I've never called a fun store about anything, I typically just hop in the car and head to them. :D

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I seem to recall other folks on another forum talking about how some stores in their AO won't do price quotes over the phone unless they're familiar with you? I don't know if that's a policy some try to adhere to or not, and to be totally honest, I've never called a fun store about anything, I typically just hop in the car and head to them. :D

Right on. It wasn't a price quote though. I had some friends who were interested as well and I didn't want to be like "Atlantic Guns had an awesome deal on CETME rifles and I bought one but the guy wouldn't tell me how many of you could buy one too"

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    Right on. It wasn't a price quote though. I had some friends who were interested as well and I didn't want to be like "Atlantic Guns had an awesome deal on CETME rifles and I bought one but the guy wouldn't tell me how many of you could buy one too"

Sent you an IM that may be of interest??

MrBojangles

Feb 22, 2010
    Hey everyone, new to the forums. Atlantic in Rockville is my favorite store. Picked up a nice Glock 17 Gen 4 during their Glock Days on fri. It was cool seeing the Glock factory rep there, doing free work on guns for people. Lots of good advice to go around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom