• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    The Upper Bay continues to produce. We had fish to 35" today!
    I ran half of a two boat trip today.
    image.jpg

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The wife and I were on Prettyboy today also. Did a little fishing and took a nice boat ride.
    Saw a couple Bald Eagles fishing. They are impressive to see diving down from the sky to catch fish.

Did you see the small airplane doing flying stunts? Holy Chit that pilot is confident or crazy. Must be part Eagle!

I didnt see the airplane, but I watched the Bald Eagles fly around :thumbsup:

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Friday I caught 3 sharks, 2 skates and a fish. Sunday morning I caught another shark. I would have like to get some more fishing in this past weekend but a simple brake job on my father in laws trucks turned into also requiring a fuel pump swap. :sad20:

Attachments

• 0714171005.jpg
      0714171005.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 526
    • 0714171222.jpg
      0714171222.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 529
    • 0714171346.jpg
      0714171346.jpg
      36.7 KB · Views: 521
    • 0714171140.jpg
      0714171140.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 525

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Heading out on a headboat from Lewes this morning.

Will let you know how we do

Years ago a business aquaintance of mine opened up a B&B / Charter Boat business in Lewes where you'd stay the night and he'd take you on a fishing charter and then prepare the fish for that night's dinner. I have no idea if it ever worked out for him but I thought it was a pretty cool idea.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Friday I caught 3 sharks, 2 skates and a fish. Sunday morning I caught another shark. I would have like to get some more fishing in this past weekend but a simple brake job on my father in laws trucks turned into also requiring a fuel pump swap. :sad20:

My son would be all over that. He loves whales and sharks.

What setup did you use and where? I might try to land some sharks for him.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    This was on a private beach just north of lewes DE. But the tactics should be about the same anywhere you surf fish.

I normally use a bluefish or kingfish rig. For bait I normally use blood worms, mullet or bunker. This time I happened to have some left over LY that I chunked up.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Well, we went out of Fisherman's Wharf.

Daughter and I got skunked except for 2 Dogfish and a Blue Crab

Still, a bad day fishing beats a good day at work. Unless you make a living by fishing.

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    I'm going to try snagging some white perch this coming Saturday below Conowingo and would love tips on locations, bait and techniques if anyone is interested in knowledge sharing.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Haven't posted in a while. Fishing down here in Chesapeake beach has been great. Limits of nice healthy fish. Went south on my own boat two weekends ago and got close to 20 blues and a mackerel.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Went out this morning, drifting eels, caught 2 33"rs and one 30"r... a good morning, though the first 33 I caught was a spotty rascal, so he was freed...

Two came home for dinner for the 3 families...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 9.jpg
      FullSizeRender 9.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 390

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Today I had the best fight ever. Water was dirty so I was showing my son how to throw a new to him lure, a spinner bait and on the 2nd cast it got nailed by a pretty good size bass.

20622062_1567720909966944_4381202488262158625_n.jpg

I didn't weight it or measure it, my guess would be around 16 inches? The kicker was trying to reel it in using my 4 year old's setup. Only saving grace was having 8lb line on it.

4'6 ultra light ugly stik with a Shimano Sienna 1000 reel, the reel kept running, I tightened it down, and down some more and down some more... finally it was fully tightened down yet the fish was still able to pull the line out, thankfully the fish came towards us allowing me to take up most of the slack. In order to get the last 5 feet or so, I had to use my hand to pull the line as I reeled it in.

I have to give ugly stik credit, I cannot believe the rod didn't break when I landed the fish, the tip bent over in such an extreme angle that I was fully expecting it to snap. It did not.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    I caught 5 sharks and a little fish this weekend.

Attachments

• 0811171131.jpg
      0811171131.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 251
    • 0811171313.jpg
      0811171313.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 247
    • 0811171439.jpg
      0811171439.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 252
    • 0813171038.jpg
      0813171038.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 253

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm familiar with freshwater lake and pond fishing. Will be going to Nags Head , right next to Jeanette's Pier. I have a Heavy Spinning Rod with 20# test. I've seen most people with a weight and multiple hook rig. What kind of bait to use? Is there any artificial lure that works off a pier?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm familiar with freshwater lake and pond fishing. Will be going to Nags Head , right next to Jeanette's Pier. I have a Heavy Spinning Rod with 20# test. I've seen most people with a weight and multiple hook rig. What kind of bait to use? Is there any artificial lure that works off a pier?

For spot, squid works well on your bottom rig.

Look into float rigs for bigger fish:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...gboard/images/4-25_trolley2j.jpg&action=click

These work great on blues. They cast a mile and are best used when(if) a school of blues comes through(the small ones go on the float rigs for big fish). Rig these on stout spin-casting tackle.

Attachments

• gotcha_1500.jpg
      gotcha_1500.jpg
      23.9 KB · Views: 212

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

In addition to Outrider's response, you will likely want some heavy duty bottom rigs and various size hooks (depending on what is biting). I just picked up a dozen wire bottom rigs from Anglers this week. As for bait check with the tackle shops down there. It will change often depending on what they are catching or what you are trying to catch. Squid, bloodworms, eel, cut mullet are all good.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In addition to Outrider's response, you will likely want some heavy duty bottom rigs and various size hooks (depending on what is biting). I just picked up a dozen wire bottom rigs from Anglers this week. As for bait check with the tackle shops down there. It will change often depending on what they are catching or what you are trying to catch. Squid, bloodworms, eel, cut mullet are all good.

This + most all piers carry fresh bait(that's where they make their money).

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks all.. should be interesting.. I'm a gonna see tomorrow if Dicks has some stuff. Will be at Jeanette's Pier Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom