• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I have 3 separate ammo shipments delayed by "late trailers." All were scheduled for delivery by Thursday. I know its the Christmas season - are they out-of-control already?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I had a Cabelas order that was shown as to be delivered Friday, at the end of the day they changed it to Monday. I think it has to do with the severe weather over a lot of the country.

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    I had the same thing happen. Ordered a couple of BCGs and were suppose to be delivered Thursday. Got an email they will be delivered next week.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Dont know where it coming from but the midwest has been dealing with the weather.. just a thought :D

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Black Friday + Cyber Monday orders shipping and nasty weather across the north and mid west is slowing down delivery times.

I also just had packages lost by UPS and USPS the same week. Also beware if tracking info shows as "delivered" to your house/business when the package was not. I had that happen with the UPS package and they only confirmed it was delivered to the wrong address and could not retrieve it.

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    On a related note: A Fedex delivery guy driving a Budget Rental truck delivered something to our house last night. I've never seen that before. I wanted to ask him but he dropped the package and left.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Christmas. Our UPS driver had his helper already onboard.

I've got a temp UPS driver this week. Don't think she knows how to back the truck up. She parks in the road in my neighborhood and walks down long driveways and through yards from house to house with bundles of packages like Santa Claus.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    On a related note: A Fedex delivery guy driving a Budget Rental truck delivered something to our house last night. I've never seen that before. I wanted to ask him but he dropped the package and left.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago. I was curious as to why a moving truck was in my driveway...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    FedEx and UPS rent trucks this time of year when deliveries go bonkers. Last year in my area they were using Penske rentals starting about now.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Also if it ships by UPS sure post expect a delay, it gets dropped off at the post office for the USPS to run the final leg of the delivery, usually adds a day, maybe two.

bigd1979

Sep 26, 2013
    hagerstown
    Yea me to got shipped monday and still not here ive never had to wait this long. But I guess between the weather and holidays its expected

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    same for me. was supposed to get my Surplus barrel & upper receiver on thursday. Still ain't here. Apparently it was on two trailers, because the status says "late trailer" twice....at the same location.

it's laurel. do you really expect employees to have any ability to do more than the bare minimum required to not get fired?

a friend of mine has a neighbor who works for UPS. when he was first hired, during the 90-day probationary period, he was a no-call/no-show not less than 51 times. And they kept him on after that.

He of course was pissed that he didn't get a raise after showing up 39 times in his first 90 days of employment. But they kept him on the job.

And therein lies the problem with UPS. They're apparently so desperate for people to fill a brown shirt, that they'll literally hire ANYONE. No standards in hiring....why should there be standards in delivering packages on time?

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    UPS stuck a cardboard box (which contained sophisticated engineering design electronics) outside in the rain yesterday with not so much as a cover on it (which they typically do and usually are very good about that.) I chalk it up to the seasonal temp nubies. Didn't ring the doorbell, my wife just happened to step outside. Lucky for me, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom