• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    went to the gunshow today, there was alot of people and I saw alot of AMMO that is reasonable prices for the 9mm for 155 and .40S&W was 199 for federal...

I didnt buy anything since i was looking for rimfire stuff but they didnt have what i want and the internet was cheaper price ...so i am going to get it off that way ..

I surely had fun, but stayed there two hours max ..instead of all day :)

I will go again in NOV when i get my football money and i should get something there ...:party29:

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Just got back, I found me a non heavy barreled 20" A3 upper for my AR, score!

It was 305, plus 100 for the bolt (I sold the HBAR to my girlfriend with the bolt) and 60 for the detachable carry handle, My awesome girlfriend (she posts as reiflame) managed to get him to knock some off the price to boot.

I also got some factory seconds of .223 and .45 from georgia arms for a very reasonable price... hopefully it will hold me over until the group buy comes through.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Just got back from the show. Nothing to get too excited about. Picked up another 500 Georgia Arms .223 reloads since they seemed to be the only thing that didn't go up by at least 15%. Took my little brother(well 19 isn't so little but hey....hes younger than me.) and he had a blast just looking around at all the stuff there. Had a nice chat with Dennis Todd and I guess his wife about their Class III MP5s. My brother got to hold one and see how it feels to play "Counter-Strike" for real. All in all I rate it a B- in terms of good sales and buys, and an A+ for fun value.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I got 3 new USGI ar mags, 2 old beat up ones, a Stag Arms lower parts kit, a USGI sling and a chamber brush.

Also got to handle some cool stuff: H&K SL8 rifle, MP5K with a silencer, a Vector Arms SBR Uzi carbine [definitely getting an Uzi next. Also lots of cool WWII memorabilia.

I`ll be back next time with much more to spend!!!

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    I saw a few ammo deals but then ran into the same, "We don't like Maryland" attitude when I found a nice milsurp. The guy said there was no way they would sell ANY gun to a Maryland resident. He put the blame on the organizer of the show who supposedly told all dealers not to sell to MD residents. Probably 100% BS but not worth debating.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I saw a few ammo deals but then ran into the same, "We don't like Maryland" attitude when I found a nice milsurp. The guy said there was no way would they sell ANY gun to a Maryland resident. He put the blame on the organizer of the show who supposedly told all dealers not to sell to MD residents. Probably 100% BS but not worth debating.

Must have been Dark Sun. They were the guys with the bigh stacks of Mil-surps.

I call BS on his statement about the promoter saying not to sell to MD residents. Why else would they make such a big deal of giving the out of state purchase information?

Those guys are sort of legendary for being :asshat:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    did any one see any ar-50's? what about 6.8mm uppers?

I saw a LOT of .50s of various configurations, mostly bolt guns. I can't confirm what they were because I can't afford to play in that league and reisisted looking.

There was also a TON of 6.8 ammo for sale. Tony's Custom Upper was there so you can have pretty much anything you want, I would imagine.

The Alexander Arms booth was cool.....the .50 Beowulf is a bad looking caliber.

Travism30

Mar 31, 2007
    tonys custom said they didnt mess with 6.8's at sgs last week

glad to hear about lots of .50's, i dont have the money either but i havent been buying guns so i can buy this one.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I just realized that I was just at the gun show today from 9am to 11:30am (shortest stay since i tend to stay there all day looking and touching those fun guns )

I totally forgot about getting one of the LPK for my other AR that I have in the safe that is not put together yet, I was too busy looking around and trying to find some rimfire stuff but i didnt find what i want. Just wanted to get something but i guess I will make a list next time with a load of cash to stockpile next time :) if the price is right ..

damn it, I guess i gotta order it from Legal Transfers for 63 shipped on monday :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I saw a LOT of .50s of various configurations, mostly bolt guns. I can't confirm what they were because I can't afford to play in that league and reisisted looking.

There was also a TON of 6.8 ammo for sale. Tony's Custom Upper was there so you can have pretty much anything you want, I would imagine.

The Alexander Arms booth was cool.....the .50 Beowulf is a bad looking caliber.

yeah, I stopped by both booths. Lots of cool stuff. Did you see the SR-25 with the yellow/green flame hot rod-style paint job?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    yeah, I stopped by both booths. Lots of cool stuff. Did you see the SR-25 with the yellow/green flame hot rod-style paint job?

I saw a couple of rifles with paint schemes reminiscent of cigarette boats. Not my speed, but I'm sure that someone will love them.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I wouldn`t want one, but I had never seen one done up like that. Maybe if we painted our guns the antis would not be so afraid of them :)

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    While I didn't ask at every table, there didn't appear to be many/any Maryland based dealers present at the show. Is there a legal reason for that? I talked to a couple guys from PA so out-of-state dealers were present. If it's legal to do so, you would think a small MD dealer could have been there to make a few bucks handling the transfers for the VA dealers. At least it would have been nice to at least start the process of buying something from the MD dealer's stock. I was also dissapointed Fulton didn't have a table set up.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The finer point of this discussion is that VA FFLs are allowed to sell non-regulated long guns directly to MD residents.

IOW, I can legally walk into a licensed shop in VA and purchase a shotgun, bolt rifle, etc and take it home with me just like in MD.

The problem is that some VA dealers refuse to honor that. Their choice, but bad business practice IMHO. They could be making a killing off of mil-surp rifles at this show.

Travism30

Mar 31, 2007
    i bought...

a marlin 1895 lever action .45-70 for $420 w/ tax

500 rds of Federal .40 S&W FMJ for $110

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I've bought non-regulated long guns at the show without issue. Avoid Dark Sun (they're jerks through and through). JG Elarde is good. No problems with him.

I picked up some more .308 now that prices have settled. $60 per battle pack was much more reasonable than the $80+ a few months ago. Picked up 10 used AR mags for $60, claw mount for my G3, a new rifle case, cleaning supplies and building supplies (armorer's block, new punches). Basically an ammo and parts trip.

You can buy regulated arms there if you want them shipped to an MD dealer. I had no trouble doing that at the last show. Paid them, they shipped it to Mt. Airy and I picked it up there. No biggie.

I wasn't as happy with this show this time. It seemed lacking. I went looking for AR uppers and didn't find anything that suited me. One upper dealer only had two 6.8s and Stag Arms had no vise there. I wanted to try Tony's Custom Uppers but his selection seemed a little lacking. So I'm going to do the build myself and just order the parts online.

Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom