• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Ok guys, I called the BATF this morning and was told my application went pending 6/10/2010. The application was originally submitted on 5/15/2010. Can one of you explain what pending means? I am thinking it means it is being looked at but am not real sure since its my first application. Also if it makes any difference I used a lawyer and went the trust route.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,Mike

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    My paper work for a sbr and a suppressor are pending also from what I have been told it means it is sitting on someones desk waiting to be looked at. Oh but they cashed my checked 9 days after I sent it in.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    It means nothing. It may be approved tomorrow or 2 months from tomorrow. ATF is hit and miss lately. I just got one in 9 weeks, my previous one was 5 months.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    It means nothing. It may be approved tomorrow or 2 months from tomorrow. ATF is hit and miss lately. I just got one in 9 weeks, my previous one was 5 months.

Ohhhh, ohhhh, 9 weeks is sweet! I have two form 4's pending and Im about at the 8 week mark. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Please please please BATFE be kind to this Chad like you did that Chad. :D

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Pending just means the paperwork was logged into the computer. Until you "go pending", there is no record of your paperwork other than a cashed check.

So someone eventually takes your form, places the serial # of your item, the name of the transferer/transferee and other pertinent details into the machine. It is assigned to an examiner (by first initial of the transferer, or so it seems) and then you wait until yours reaches the top of the pile. Every examiner works at different rates, and if they go on vacation then so does your application.

My last Form 4 to get approved took about 12 weeks from pending - 15 weeks total. I have Two Form 1's that went in the same time and they are still out at pending + 16 weeks (19 weeks total right now).

Check out NFAtracker.com and add your info, please.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Thanks Guys... i was hoping that meant it was actually being revied! I really only called to make sure that it was actually received. Truthfully it could have been lost in the mail!

Thanks again, Mike

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I really only called to make sure that it was actually received. Truthfully it could have been lost in the mail!

Thats why I always send my paperwork priority certified mail with a return receipt requested.
    Someone has to sign for it, so you know who received it, and when.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Thats why I always send my paperwork priority certified mail with a return receipt requested.
    Someone has to sign for it, so you know who received it, and when.

Same here. I also check to see when the check cashed. They don't waste time taking your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom