• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Allright guys its been about a month and a half now.. it seems like a year! Anyway, what is the proper proceedure for contacting them to check on my status? What info do i need to provide and what number or email address do i use?

Thanks, Mike

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Once your check is cashed, it will probably take a 4 - 7 weeks for your paperwork to be assigned to a reviewer, or as BATFE refers to it....."pending as of ?/??/2010". Ask for the reviewer's name, just so you have it. Don't call for at least a month after the pending date. If you are VERY VERY lucky, you might get approved 4-5 weeks after "pending". It will very likely run much longer. I have one can that is now pending 3 months. Be patient.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    the more that people call to check on status the longer it takes for everyone.

While there is no need to call daily/weekly, they have personnel assigned for the sole purpose of answering these questions. Examiners are not picking up the phones at the NFA branch - so unless you request to speak to one, you are not holding anyone up.

While there is no need to call daily/weekly, they have personnel assigned for the sole purpose of answering these questions. Examiners are not picking up the phones at the NFA branch - so unless you request to speak to one, you are not holding anyone up.

All that I am saying is that it doesn't matter how many times you call. It gets done when it gets done. Cowboy up and wait it out.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    I like to call every 30 days from when my papers were received. Basically you expect to see it go "pending" at the end of the first 30 days. At the end of the second 30 days you are probably still pending. At the end of the third 30 days, you should be getting your stamp right about then, so you should be calling to see if you are still pending or if something is up.

That's just how I pass the time...

I like to call every 30 days from when my papers were received. Basically you expect to see it go "pending" at the end of the first 30 days. At the end of the second 30 days you are probably still pending. At the end of the third 30 days, you should be getting your stamp right about then, so you should be calling to see if you are still pending or if something is up.

That's just how I pass the time...

You need to get another hobby... :D

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I wouldnt call them till 3 months pass.

+1 The current wait is around 3 months from what I have seen. Calling them will not speed things up at all. If you see your check was cashed you can rest assured they have it. Stamp collecting involves patience, so just wait it out and let it run it's course. If you just put it on the back burner and don't think about it, it will be that much more of a rush when you get the call from your dealer saying you are good to go :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom